Al Iaquinta Teasing/Proposing Potential Bout with Kevin Lee in China

It's actually a good idea.

Unfortunately he's already failed. It's not going to get better with Al either.

Don't get me wrong. He looked incredible vs Barboza for 2 rounds. Then all the things that make you worry about Kevin Lee came to light.
2 rounds? Other than the spin-kick he ate, he dominated Barboza from bell to bell and then finished him late

No need to get pumped for an Iaquinta fight until he steps in the cage. Chances are he goes back to selling houses weeks prior to the event.

I would love to see this fight. It would be a very good test to see where Al is at, after his bizarre yet somewhat impressive performance against Khabib. Kevin Lee isn't an easy fight and he has gotten a lot better since Al beat him at his debut.

Sounds like a good fight but it does nothing for the fighters or the division.

good fight. only other fight i was thinking off was if alvarez wanted to fight either one but eddie just fought and prob is taking some time off

No need to get pumped for an Iaquinta fight until he steps in the cage. Chances are he goes back to selling houses weeks prior to the event.

To be fair, a big sell that week would probably pay him better than his UFC purse, specially with the bullshit bonus ban they have on him.

Lee wins because of his chinese heritage.

2 rounds? Other than the spin-kick he ate, he dominated Barboza from bell to bell and then finished him late

Yes 2 rounds. He threw everything in the tank at Barboza to finish him in those 2 rounds. I personally think round 1 was 10-7....

Then everything you worry about Kevin Lee showed up. I was pretty clear in my post.

His suspect chin showed up, none of his punches has anymore power to them (like none), and he was very noticeably gassed by round 4. I was actually scared in round 5 he looked so bad. If it wasn't for Barboza being totally spent, he could have been in very big trouble.

Again. Kevin Lee is awesome. Extremely talented. He's also a tweener, who's cut to 155 obviously takes a lot out of him...I'm also am worried he thinks his striking is better than it actually is. It's already put him in a significant amount of trouble.

Forgot a lot about their first fight. Here are some HL's
1-11.gif

26.gif

ngNHk.jpg

ombFU9E.png

42.gif

Lee so light skinned looking like a white boy in there.

I wouldn't say he ate that kick. More like survived it because of Barboza's low fight IQ. But yes, other than that he did dominate the fight.

Would be a fine Main Event for a China Fight Night card.

Kevin Lee wins the rematch imo.

did you watch the first fight? lee tightened his game a bit stylewise but is very much the same fighter. and al was about to finish him the first time if the fight went any longer

Glass Chin Lee gets knocked out silly. Every fight this guy gets rocked and dropped. Al will finish him.

I would love to see this fight but why would Lee take it? He has a lot more to lose than gain. Even a Tony rematch for undisputed #1 contender makes more sense.

If Lee is looking to avenge losses, he should fight Tony. However, I think every lightweight on the planet will be training to to be an alternate for Conor/Khabib.

Sorry if said already, but Lee should have a home advantage this time.

Back