Al Iaquinta - Robbed of a successful career?

He already had a successful career, great hands, tough fighter

Al Iaquinta was 7-2 in his UFC career, currently sitting on a 4 fight win streak which included victories over Masvidal, Pearson and Lauzon.

He's still only 29 (although looks 35) so had plenty more time to learn and develop.

Then gets injured and struggles to cover the medical bills, gets no support from the UFC and has to retire and go into real estate.

Anyone else feel like he's been robbed of a potentially successful career in MMA?

Iaquinta is a chocolate man and the UFC have enough injury prone hasbeens than to add another to the list.

The UFC can't foot the bill for all these fighters who don't have the physical ability to fight.

I feel no sympathy for any professional athlete. Doubt they give a shit what us "mortals" have to deal with on a daily basis.
Empathy for other human beings is something many people of all professions hold. In each of those professions theres also assholes who don't give a shit about other people. For example, you and Dana White are both cut from the same clothe of indifference.

I feel no sympathy for any professional athlete. Doubt they give a shit what us "mortals" have to deal with on a daily basis.
Not all "rich people" are shitty individuals. I had class with Al at NCC before he got to the UFC. He was cool and laid back. Didn't have this macho-macho attitude that people involved in MMA sometimes get.

The UFC said he wasn't going to be eligible for any bonuses for like 3 fights for missing a fighters summit meeting or some shit.

He was like, i am not getting paid for that summit, why would i put the time in and called in sick. next he was posting beach pics on social media, so the ufc blocked his chances of bonuses.
He than agreed upon to fight at UFC 205 verbally to joe silva and after that he wanted to renegotiate his contract before signing the bout agreement. Joe said, Fuck him!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back