Media Al Iaquinta Plans To Beat Conor & Then Rematch Khabib

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
Two years ago I would have guessed Conor would win over Raging Al, but given Iaquinta recently beating Lee a 2nd time and seeing Conor struggle with Diaz and get crushed by Khabib, I'm inclined to go with Al. He is the grittier guy with a whole lot more heart. Conor is the better pure striker, but his cardio sucks and he quits when the going gets rough. Iaquinta is far more mentally tough. Al simply has to fight a smart fight for two rounds and get Conor tired. Mixing the striking and wrestling while winning the early rounds would probably do the trick. If wants to just stand and trade, Conor can finish or pick up the first round or two.

DxTpL6KXQAAHCrh.jpg

Al Iaquinta back in the arena in which he lost to Khabib last year and live on the Helwani Sonnen show, he talked about his interest in a Conor fight.

-Says he's spoken with the UFC about it, but the Nevada commission hearing is really what dictates the decision

-Believes Conor wouldn't turn down a challenge this big

-Conor's responses on twitter show interest in him

-Wants to rematch Khabib after beating Conor

(LIVE STREAM) so I can't time stamp right now

Is this a case of "be careful what you ask for"
giphy.gif

Or does Al have what it takes to take out Conor McGregor?

If Conor gets top form he wins imo

I'm a 'hater' but I'm a realist. If Conor has lost a step, then it's an interesting fight.

My prediction is Cowboy or Dustin next.

They are lower risk imo and similar reward. Dana won't want to risk Conor losing again.

The company wants the mega rematch.

In an ideal world I would make sure Tony fights Khabib and Conor headlines another card against Dustin.

The winners then face off in an end of year mega event. I think Khabib beats Tony and I think Conor knocks dustin out.

Also isn't Dustin like 3rd in the rankings?

Al vs Connor is Alvarez vs Connor 2.0

those guys operate best from a range that happens to be the worst range to fight Connor at.

Just like Kevin Lee did, amirite?

Nope, Al TKOs him in the 4th or 5th.
Nate Diaz is WORLDS above Al In the boxing realm.

He couldn't do It even with height, reach and a 15 pound weight advantage.

How exactly Is al supposed to pull that off

Nate Diaz is WORLDS above Al In the boxing realm.

He couldn't do It even with height, reach and a 15 pound weight advantage.

How exactly Is al supposed to pull that off
Lmao at comparing Diaz to Al. Nate doesn't have the wrestling Al has, Al can and will force Conor into grappling scenarios and although he might not be able to submit or gnp Conor to a finish, he will still be able to make Conor tired. Once Conor's power has been sapped by grappling, he has absolutely nothing for Al, that's why Al will finish him in the 4th or 5th.

EDIT: for a better explanation look at Khabib vs Conor round 3. Did Conor manage to land on Khabib? Sure, he tagged Khabib multiple times. Did any of Conor's shots do anything to Khabib? Nope, because Conor's arms were burnt out from grappling in round 1. Khabib has drawn a blueprint on how to beat Conor and Al has the skills to follow it in his own way.

With all his faults, i think Conor is on another level sadly
But i give him a 30%, wish him good luck

I don't see him beat Khabib at all though

Al is tough as nails. Conor wont get in his head and Al will take his best shots. War Al.

Lmao at comparing Diaz to Al. Nate doesn't have the wrestling Al has, Al can and will force Conor into grappling scenarios and although he might not be able to submit or gnp Conor to a finish, he will still be able to make Conor tired. Once Conor's power has been sapped by grappling, he has absolutely nothing for Al, that's why Al will finish him in the 4th or 5th.

EDIT: for a better explanation look at Khabib vs Conor round 3. Did Conor manage to land on Khabib? Sure, he tagged Khabib multiple times. Did any of Conor's shots do anything to Khabib? Nope, because Conor's arms were burnt out from grappling in round 1. Khabib has drawn a blueprint on how to beat Conor and Al has the skills to follow it in his own way.
you don't exist In reality

I thought this pick would be a great lead in for a 2 real estate agents and a jeweish guy walk into a bar joke.
0155E6A4-A79B-4DEE-AF9B-47AF64E09D53.jpeg

I think Conor wins and it looks just like the Alvarez fight
Typical generic Conor fan answer.

Eddie has always been hurt in all of his fights. Al is extremely tough and durable. Can you not give a well thought out answer based on actual analysis?

Al would beat Khabib and lose to Conor if any rematches happened.

Even tho Connor v al would be a good fight it's too risky Connor needs a fight where he should be the clear cut winner.

Typical generic Conor fan answer.

Eddie has always been hurt in all of his fights. Al is extremely tough and durable. Can you not give a well thought out answer based on actual analysis?

That was actually the first thought that came to mind. Eddie would destroy al. Better than him at everything. Much more accomplished also.

Al can definitely beat Conor. I will favor Conor over him but Al definitely has the cardio and heart to take punishment early and destroy Conor in the later rounds.

Back