Media Al Iaquinta Plans To Beat Conor & Then Rematch Khabib

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 545701

DxTpL6KXQAAHCrh.jpg

Al Iaquinta back in the arena in which he lost to Khabib last year and live on the Helwani Sonnen show, he talked about his interest in a Conor fight.

-Says he's spoken with the UFC about it, but the Nevada commission hearing is really what dictates the decision

-Believes Conor wouldn't turn down a challenge this big

-Conor's responses on twitter show interest in him

-Wants to rematch Khabib after beating Conor

Is this a case of "be careful what you ask for"
giphy.gif

Or does Al have what it takes to take out Conor McGregor?

Last edited by a moderator:
Al can take punishment and has a lot of heart which is bad for Conor who has very little heart.

I like his attitude. Can beat Conor but Khabib was winning everywhere. He was on sort notice right?

It sounds like Conor may have a much more pressing matter to attend to than a fight with Al.

I expect a pretty quick takedown attempt from al.

Will be interesting but Conor would probably find a way

I mean al has a better chance beating khabib than connor style wise... Al is not a td fighter hes a wrestler striker his tds suck.. And his standup isnt good enough to get it done.

I see conor knocking him out easy.

Conor has difficulty dealing with strikers who are as big as him that have a great chin and good cardio (Diaz fights for ex.). If he doesn't sleep Iaquinta in the first 2 rounds, Al should win easily.

Al has a tendency to brawl though which could lead to him getting KO'd early. Idk. This is a really close fight. 55/45 Al, imo.

Would be a great fucking fight to watch, and lead-up will be funny

Him vs Conor is actually really interesting

I see AL as a poor mans Alvarez but I have to give him credit for Beating Lee
It’s a fun fight
If mcgregor wins he had wins over 2 of the top 5
Makes sense
Would like to see Conor fight pettis as a tune up first

Back