Akiyama on the South Korea card

I thought both his parents were Korean immigrants to Japan. Could be wrong though.

Correct.. full korean.. its common for koreans born in japan to take japanese names to avoid racism which is blatant and tolerated there

Akiyama is one of my favorites but he's freaking 40 years old and fighting has clearly become a part time hobby over the last 5 years or so. I hope he wins but I would understand if he didn't. Win or lose ... Sexy regardless.

No Korean in their right mind would want to be Japanese regardless of how many generations deep they go.

They would if they wanted to be the superior asian race... nearly everything from korea is a clone of japan (car and tech companies, food etc..) and for the lesser educated honda/kia, sony/samsung, teriyaki /bulgogi, sushi/kimpap etc.. plus there is the still lingering who conquered who in WW2..

They would if they wanted to be the superior asian race... nearly everything from korea is a clone of japan (car and tech companies, food etc..) and for the lesser educated honda/kia, sony/samsung, teriyaki /bulgogi, sushi/kimpap etc.. plus there is the still lingering who conquered who in WW2..

This kind of talk always gives me the creeps

He is worth way more on their Korea debut and he is pretty particular about who/where he fights.

Akiyama sold out an arena in 2007 in the main event in Seoul and currently has a reality show airing in South Korea. He will be the most well known fighter on the card I can assure you.

Came in here to say this, soundly beaten

Akiyama is one of my favorites but he's freaking 40 years old and fighting has clearly become a part time hobby over the last 5 years or so. I hope he wins but I would understand if he didn't. Win or lose ... Sexy regardless.

Exactly. No matter what happens, the most important thing is that he is sexy. So who cares if he doesn't win, we will still all be more than satisfied to bask in his presence

sexy-y.jpg

Thread saved

Thank you

Correct.. full korean.. its common for koreans born in japan to take japanese names to avoid racism which is blatant and tolerated there

I figured. On heros Korea he was introduced as Chu Seong-goon I think

As mentioned already he's korean japanese and incredibly popular in Korea.

He's like THE poster boy for MMA in korea.

Back