Akiyama on the South Korea card

skysolo

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Why isn't he working on the Japan card?

He is worth way more on their Korea debut and he is pretty particular about who/where he fights.

Akiyama sold out an arena in 2007 in the main event in Seoul and currently has a reality show airing in South Korea. He will be the most well known fighter on the card I can assure you.

Gotta have some good asian fighters on the Korea card. Gotta try to get dat market fam.

He's a disgraced greaser in japan or something like that

Yeah he will bring in more people for the SK card, as someone posted before he has a tv show and many other media obligations in Korea at the moment.

Damn is that Korea card gonna be gud!!

Not sure which is the best FP card to date: Poirier/Duffy or Bendo/Alves

About time they give us quality on the network, only complaint is not enough FP cards now

sexy-y.jpg

Does anyone know much about his opponent Alberto Mina? I realise a wiki page doesn't mean anything but the fact he doesn't have one does make wonder if he is perhaps...a gift opponent? I get that anything can happen in MMA and he could come and absolutely destroy Akiyama but I've never heard of him

Edit:

http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Alberto-Mina-16705

11-0 and he's a finisher.

I thought both his parents were Korean immigrants to Japan. Could be wrong though.

I seem to recall he sang at a concert about being in Korea or Japan and not being accepted - someone shared it on the forums

Last edited:
Dude is a beast.

Akiyama needs to be careful. I hope the Sexy wins but he has a tough job in front of him.

He seems to have quite a mixed record of subs and ko's - is the guy heavy handed? I hope Sexiyama wins but it would be just his luck to see him get flash ko'd in the first minute

Edit: and thanks

he's full korean. In Japan, they dont consider you Japanese even if youre born there [thats a Western concept] and only blood Japanese matter. Koreans can be born several generations deep in Japan and still be foreign and treated as an underclass.

But hey, if Cain can represent Mexico then let Akiyama rep Korea. Maybe Johnny Hendricks can rep the Republic of Texas on his next walkout.

he's full korean. In Japan, they dont consider you Japanese even if youre born there [thats a Western concept] and only blood Japanese matter. Koreans can be born several generations deep in Japan and still be foreign and treated as an underclass.

But hey, if Cain can represent Mexico then let Akiyama rep Korea. Maybe Johnny Hendricks can rep the Republic of Texas on his next walkout.

No Korean in their right mind would want to be Japanese regardless of how many generations deep they go.

Yeah, he's a hitter, and I like how he mixes his striking with his takedowns. Real good jiu-jitsu once he gets it to the ground.

Nice, you really can't fault a heavy hitter who works his guard as soon as he's put on his back. The guy's finished every fight as well and he looks like a 3 dimensional fighter. Once again I saw Sexiyama wins but if he loses in spectacular fashion I won't complain

Back