Akira Corassani v. Dion Staring?

Minnja

Touch-Butt white belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
So I was looking at the last Strikeforce card and looked through Dion's record and noticed Akira. I am assuming this is the right forum since I think Akira is a part of the UFC (have no idea to be honest).

Why the hell did Akira take on a HW as his first professional fight?

He was a last minute replacement for an injured team-mate. I belive his team-mate was injured in the locker rooms even.

He was a last minute replacement for an injured team-mate. I belive his team-mate was injured in the locker rooms even.

What weight was this at? I know Dion fought at LHW so I am assuming at the very lightest he fought at MW... Akira on the other hand I think fought heaviest at LW/WW? I really don't know much about Akira so I don't know if he was fighting at a bunch of weighclasses or not

What weight was this at? I know Dion fought at LHW so I am assuming at the very lightest he fought at MW... Akira on the other hand I think fought heaviest at LW/WW? I really don't know much about Akira so I don't know if he was fighting at a bunch of weighclasses or not

Don't remember. Was so long age I read about it. However, it was literary the last minute, and Akira was not prepearing for a fight. So I assume Dion was around LHW and Akira was at his walk-around weight.

Don't remember. Was so long age I read about it. However, it was literary the last minute, and Akira was not prepearing for a fight. So I assume Dion was around LHW and Akira was at his walk-around weight.

Akira was about 175

That's fucking nuts. Major props to akira

Dion is 245 pounds apparently...Akira is a brave man!

Lucky he didn't get seriously hurt.

So I was looking at the last Strikeforce card and looked through Dion's record and noticed Akira. I am assuming this is the right forum since I think Akira is a part of the UFC (have no idea to be honest).

Why the hell did Akira take on a HW as his first professional fight?

You gotta give Akira ALOT of credit for taking that fight since Dion was so much bigger then him at the time

Back