Akira Corassani out of UFC 156 bout because...

Not with a fever, no. And any topathlete who do = stupid

Michael Jordan player with flu and food poisoning day of

Akira backs out because of a fever over a month before the fight. If you want to defend this crap go ahead

He didn't pull out. He was offered the fight as a late replacement and turned the offer down. If you only have 1 month to prepare you should start that month with a fever. Calm down people...it's his life and work you're talking about. If he loses his next 2 fights he's cut so give the man a break.

Third Swedish fighter in a while who ducks a fight (Kruth and Josef also hade seemingly weak excuses for dropping out recently). Thank God for The Mauler!

You mean Kruth retiring in his late 30s after years and years of being involved with combat sports?

He didn't pull out. He was offered the fight as a late replacement and turned the offer down. If you only have 1 month to prepare you should start that month with a fever. Calm down people...it's his life and work you're talking about. If he loses his next 2 fights he's cut so give the man a break.

it's not "if" it's "when". if i ever see this guy on the main card i won't be buying it.

my guess is he will be waiting a long time to get another fight... and when he does, it will likely be short-notice.

He must be setting some kind of record for having been signed with the UFC the longest without actually fighting (TUF doesn't count as it's not a UFC contract).

He did fight a few months back. On the Struve-card.

a fever a month out and he can't fight o_O
now i suppose he has something along with the fever...but he should've said that not simply a fever.

to those that compete this doesnt sound that unreasonable but i get it its fun to pick on akira... his stupid hat and attitude to go with haha

I don't care much for him. I'll never forget how he flipped out and threw napkins at Caceres on TUF.

You mean Kruth retiring in his late 30s after years and years of being involved with combat sports?

Kruth got the contract he talked about for years and took the easy way out...

Back