Akira Corassani out of UFC 156 bout because...

Last edited:
Fever? A month before the fight? Are you kidding me?

What the hell.......

I've had a fever on and off for the last 2 days, but I dare to hope I'll be fine in a month

Depends on the type of fever.

I know people with fever neutropenia and they need 6 months! So it all depends on what kind of fever it is.

This guy freaking fought Dion Staring who's a Heavyweight and is fighting Daniel Cormier next week and he pulls out of a fight that's like a month away cause of a fever. Something's not right.

Akira strikes me as one of those douches that fights only so he can tell people that he's a fighter at the club or rave.

Akira strikes me as one of those douches that fights only so he can tell people that he's a fighter at the club or rave.

Not really a fan of Akira but this is obviously not true if he's ballsy enough to fight a Heavyweight in his pro debut while he's a Featherweight now.

He's got a bad case of Douche-itis

Not really a fan of Akira but this is obviously not true if he's ballsy enough to fight a Heavyweight in his pro debut while he's a Featherweight now.

On like super short notice as well. I want to say like he took the fight the day of the event.

Why the hell did they match up Peralta with Akira to begin with? Akira should not even be in the UFC and Peralta deserves a top 15-20 fighter.

He's already taking the fight on less than a months notice, that means he'll only have about 3 weeks to really train (with the final week spent cutting weight), and with a fever that'll either cut down on his training camp by a week, meaning he'll only have two weeks to train, or he'll start out his training camp feeling shitty and, thus, training and performing shittily. He knows Peralta's a dangerous fighter and, even though Peralta's taking the fight on a months notice as well, he's dangerous enough where he'd wanna train as much as possible and as best as possible, and with a fever it would essentially mean that by taking the fight he's going to fight with a significant disadvantage in either time spent training or training quality, or both.

He's also at the stage of his career where it's either the UFC or bust if he wants to make a comfortable living off of fighting professionally (the only other thing is winning a Bellator tourney, but that's not gonna be any easier than being in the UFC), and one loss in the UFC at this point would potentially mean he'd get cut, and how many guys that didn't win TUF that get cut end up making a comeback to the UFC, or have a respectable career afterwards at all? There's, like, Vinny Magalhaes, and that's one out of the hundreds of fighters that've been on TUF.

I get why he's backed out, he's not a pussy for it.

Look at this drivel

zw0x9c.gif

Guy can't even beat a fever how's he gonna beat anyone good in the UFC?

Back