AKA's non-response to Jon's remarks

People love any reason to jump on Jones but it really isn't that hard to figure out.

1- He keeps getting asked about moving up, he answers the questions he is asked. He didn't grab the mic in the cage and say "Cain watch out boy, I'm coming for ya!!"

2- Jones, weight wise is not even a big LHW. He literally said that he could make MW and that he had to force feed himself to keep his weight up during this camp. People have a hard time understanding his body type but he does not carry the mass in his legs that a lot of fighters do.

3- Jones is not going anywhere until he gets the records. Since Aldo is also very close to him he might even stay until Jose loses just to be safe but I think Jon wants his name in the books for all the big UFC records.

Title defenses, Consecutive

Anderson 10, GSP 9 (but can't continue) Jones 8 (active), Aldo 7 (active)

Expect Jones to stay at LHW for at least 3 more, assuming he wins, to get that record.

Consecutive wins

Anderson 16, Jones 12

I personally doubt he moves up and risks it before breaking this record. We will see, maybe a HUGE payday could change his mind.

Jones is 27. Assuming he fights only 2x per year he could break those records at or around 30 at which point it might make sense to go to HW and cement the legacy, maybe try to win the HW strap then retire young and without excessive damage.

IF he is in WARS, I doubt he ever moves up, I think he only goes up with those records and a clean bill of health, no losses, no significant head trauma, big big payday and a shot at the belt with a title fight against a HW 240 pounds or less, maybe Cain at 245.

You have to read between the lines... Jones basically said he has no intention of moving up OR down but if he DID move up it would take a buttload of money, and it probably wouldn't be Cain. I think he has his eye on Lesnar's comeback. :D

Hes said multiple times that he would love to fight for the HW title. Other HW fights hes not much interested in.

cain already said that if jones wants to fight him, he should move up.

People love any reason to jump on Jones but it really isn't that hard to figure out.

1- He keeps getting asked about moving up, he answers the questions he is asked. He didn't grab the mic in the cage and say "Cain watch out boy, I'm coming for ya!!"

2- Jones, weight wise is not even a big LHW. He literally said that he could make MW and that he had to force feed himself to keep his weight up during this camp. People have a hard time understanding his body type but he does not carry the mass in his legs that a lot of fighters do.

3- Jones is not going anywhere until he gets the records. Since Aldo is also very close to him he might even stay until Jose loses just to be safe but I think Jon wants his name in the books for all the big UFC records.

Title defenses, Consecutive

Anderson 10, GSP 9 (but can't continue) Jones 8 (active), Aldo 7 (active)

Expect Jones to stay at LHW for at least 3 more, assuming he wins, to get that record.

Consecutive wins

Anderson 16, Jones 12

I personally doubt he moves up and risks it before breaking this record. We will see, maybe a HUGE payday could change his mind.

Jones is 27. Assuming he fights only 2x per year he could break those records at or around 30 at which point it might make sense to go to HW and cement the legacy, maybe try to win the HW strap then retire young and without excessive damage.

IF he is in WARS, I doubt he ever moves up, I think he only goes up with those records and a clean bill of health, no losses, no significant head trauma, big big payday and a shot at the belt with a title fight against a HW 240 pounds or less, maybe Cain at 245.

Get out of here man. You're too logical to be posting on Sherdog.

Talk is cheap and aka learned the hard way. Enough has been said im glad they didnt respond.

Jon said he'd fight Cain in a heartbeat than immediately said after that he plans on staying a LHW indefinitely. For Jon Jones, is normal.
This^

There's no reason for AKA to respond to a troll comment made by Jones when it's clear that he has no intention of moving up to challenge Cain.

Perhaps if Jones didnt completely backtrack 2 seconds afterwards...

Jones would NEVER accept a fight with Cain, and its pretty obvious.

When you the champ you can backtrack out of anything, you got that right "You Da Champ"...!

This one seems like you are barking up a tree. This isn't like Jury running his mouth after beating Diego. This was him responding to a question he was asked.

Kind of like the difference about Stann constantly having to answer questions about his Marine service whereas Kennedy just brings it up constantly himself.

Hes said multiple times that he would love to fight for the HW title. Other HW fights hes not much interested in.

I was joking about Lesnar. I'd fricken love to see Bones fight Cain. My Crystal Ball just isn't seeing it. None of these "Super Fights" ever seem to actually happen. ;)

lol at the deflection. Cormier isn't calling out Cain, Jones is yet Jones cuts weight to avoid Cain

you are right, DC isn't calling out Cain at all...he's ducking him and cutting to 205.

i think jones would fight cain, but i think jon is smart enough to know it isn't worth it unless he's gonna get PAID!

moving up to fight the hw champ and making the same money makes no sense. you have to consider what has happened to a lot of fighters who did that sort of thing, primarily among them roy jones, who was never the same after putting all that weight on.

Cain doesn't talk

He just gets injured. Now that Pettis is off the shelf and fighting again, Cain is the poster boy for "Shelftime".

I like Cain too. It's just gotten ridiculous how often and how much time he's had to take off for injuries. If he doesn't face Werdun or anyone else before October, he'll have fought 5 times in 5 years against only two different guys since winning the title.

He kinda backed off in the FOX interview as well.

[YT]ZLFvmxgcF2w&start=513&end=579[/YT]

Back