Ajarn Chai Sirisute

Bennosuke

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Are thai gyms associated with Chai Sirisute reputable? I think he started the USA Thai Boxing Association.

Instructors certified by Sirisute seem to be a dime-a-dozen these days. I personally know a couple and they're definitely competent instructors, but the certifications are so common that I wouldn't feel comfortable speaking for all of them without knowing more information.

My Kru is certified under him. He was an experienced fighter beforehand though, and most of his students are competing in amateurs with a winning record.

I think he just got it so he had something to show

My Kru is certified under him. He was an experienced fighter beforehand though, and most of his students are competing in amateurs with a winning record.

I think he just got it so he had something to show

This.

A lot of teachers don't have physical proof of their ability to teach, which makes it hard to attract students. In the West, if you have a Black Belt in anything, people automatically assume you're great and will give you money to teach them. Since there is no ranking system in Muay Thai, a lot of teachers want something to prove their credentials.

Of course, having a championship belt could also work, though not all great fighters are great teachers (and vice versa). Even better, imo, is having your students earn a belt under your tutelage. But, it's hard to get students without the aforementioned "credentials".

That said, I have trained briefly with a Chai Sirisute school in Montreal, and it was pretty good.

Are thai gyms associated with Chai Sirisute reputable? I think he started the USA Thai Boxing Association.

Chai is legit, but its like anything else, you want to find out about the actual person you will train under and be giving money to. Take a couple trial classes and see.

I have no direct experience with Chai, but what I have seen some of his certified instructors teach looks nothing like what I have seen in the camps in Thailand. I think many of the instructors blend JKD or something into their Muay Thai.

I have no direct experience with Chai, but what I have seen some of his certified instructors teach looks nothing like what I have seen in the camps in Thailand. I think many of the instructors blend JKD or something into their Muay Thai.

how was Sinbi ?

Back