Rumored AJ vs Pitbull rematch at 155?

GueseGuy

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score

“History will never be erased! And still 155”

Could Pitbull have accepted the rematch at 155? To me that’s a terrible idea. McKee beats him at 145 and 155. He should go to BW if he’s not fighting at 145.

Could Pitbull have accepted the rematch at 155? To me that’s a terrible idea. McKee beats him at 145 and 155. He should go to BW if he’s not fighting at 145.

The bout to make but I hate double champs. Once Pitbull loses again, he will stay at FW or move down

Pitbull doesn't seem like a guy to run away from a challenge. no doubt he'll be extra careful and motivated in a rematch. plus McKee never fought at 155, Pitbull had and knocked out top-4 UFC lw in a minute. i'd still see him as a favorite.

I wouldn't mind a rematch. I feel like Freire could have done a lot better. It's not like there's anyone else for Mckee to fight who is much more interesting.

McKee might not fight again at 145 since the cut was tough he said, so I could see bellator doing this

I just want to see the division moving again. It must be tough being a contender at 155 and having to watch this bullshit.

I know it's not gonna happen but McKee vs Horiguchi @ 145 would be interesting

Nah, nothing about that post says McKee is involved. The LW division itself is pretty shit, but there's still viable contenders.

I'd imagine they're going to do Patricio Pitbull vs Islam Mamedov next. Primus/Benson winner after that.

Pulling an De Ridder are we McKee?

I know it's not gonna happen but McKee vs Horiguchi @ 145 would be interesting

AJ is far too big for that imo, AJ is a massive FW who struggles to make the weight and Kyoji is a natural Flyweight.

AJ is far too big for that imo, AJ is a massive FW who struggles to make the weight and Kyoji is a natural Flyweight.
I know that but Kyoji already beat some 145ers, maybe if he beats Pettis he wants to test himself against the featherweight champ, who knows :D

I know that but Kyoji already beat some 145ers, maybe if he beats Pettis he wants to test himself against the featherweight champ, who knows :D

No point imo, it should be a routine win for AJ, he'd look like a giant compared to him. Nobody really wins in that scenario.

No point imo, it should be a routine win for AJ, he'd look like a giant compared to him. Nobody really wins in that scenario.
136_Darrion_Caldwell_x_Kyoji_Horiguchi.jpg

caldwell-mckee-bellator-showcase-faceoff-1.jpg

AJ should vacate FW and move up to LW. There arent any money fights for him at FW in Bellator. The big, money fights for AJ are Max, Volk, and Ortega, and we all know they arent happening. Burnell and Borics would be good fights but I think AJ is looking for big fights. At LW he can cement his legacy as double champ. He can look for fights against Patricky, Goiti, Primus, Shably, and Usman.

Patricio, on the other hand, should stay at FW and look to regain his title. Fights against Burnell, Borics, and eventually Pico should make for good title challenges.

So, best case scenario Patricio vacates LW and sets up for Patricky vs AJ for the title. I know AJ should run through Patricky, but that is the money fight for AJ at LW; no point of a rematch at LW.

AJ should vacate FW and move up to LW. There arent any money fights for him at FW in Bellator. The big, money fights for AJ are Max, Volk, and Ortega, and we all know they arent happening. Burnell and Borics would be good fights but I think AJ is looking for big fights. At LW he can cement his legacy as double champ. He can look for fights against Patricky, Goiti, Primus, Shably, and Usman.

Patricio, on the other hand, should stay at FW and look to regain his title. Fights against Burnell, Borics, and eventually Pico should make for good title challenges.

So, best case scenario Patricio vacates LW and sets up for Patricky vs AJ for the title. I know AJ should run through Patricky, but that is the money fight for AJ at LW; no point of a rematch at LW.
The only thing I can think of is Max is not under a champions clause right now and at some point his contract will be up. I imagine UFC might look to extend but maybe they don’t see a future with Max cause Volk is there and they’d be open to letting him walk?

The only thing I can think of is Max is not under a champions clause right now and at some point his contract will be up. I imagine UFC might look to extend but maybe they don’t see a future with Max cause Volk is there and they’d be open to letting him walk?

No chance the UFC would let Max walk or that he'd want to imo, he's always seemed very happy there and they've always seemed very happy with him.

No chance the UFC would let Max walk or that he'd want to imo, he's always seemed very happy there and they've always seemed very happy with him.
I agree but Max is coming up on 30 years old and if he can't get the belt back from Volk, his bargaining power significantly decreases with the UFC. Right now he's in that Jon Fitch territory. I'm sure he was hoping Ortega won on Saturday. Can't see the UFC giving him another shot at Volk rn. He will have to keep blasting top contenders for another year or 2 to get his shot back.

I agree but Max is coming up on 30 years old and if he can't get the belt back from Volk, his bargaining power significantly decreases with the UFC. Right now he's in that Jon Fitch territory. I'm sure he was hoping Ortega won on Saturday. Can't see the UFC giving him another shot at Volk rn. He will have to keep blasting top contenders for another year or 2 to get his shot back.

I don't think it'll impact his pay though, he's on one of those HOF contracts.

Back