News AJ signs career long promotional deal with matchroom

Unsurprising. AJ will continue making plenty of money with Hearn.

It's not like he has options. The old men in the US - Finkel, Arum - have prevented big fights with AJ involved.

What does this mean for viewing rights in the UK? Is AJ still with Sky or will he be on DAZN?

What does this mean for viewing rights in the UK? Is AJ still with Sky or will he be on DAZN?
That’s not clear I don’t think that will be announced until after the uysek fight. Do you think it could be possible for it to be on DAZN (inc uk) and sky Ppv as well?

That’s not clear I don’t think that will be announced until after the uysek fight. Do you think it could be possible for it to be on DAZN (inc uk) and sky Ppv as well?
No from what I've read DAZN have the rights (Usyk fight) to show it all over the world except for the UK where it's on Sky. This is his last fight on contract with Sky though.

No from what I've read DAZN have the rights (Usyk fight) to show it all over the world except for the UK where it's on Sky. This is his last fight on contract with Sky though.
Yes but maybe they can do a deal where future fights stream on DAZN but still be Ppvin uk for non DAZN subs

Well AJ is going to need Eddie to line up a couple easy wins for him after Usyk takes all his titles on Saturday.

Yes but maybe they can do a deal where future fights stream on DAZN but still be Ppvin uk for non DAZN subs
Maybe but I can't see Sky being happy or even being able to charge PPV prices when DAZN has a cheaper subscription on offer. Just thinking of myself as a customer, if the fight is on DAZN I'll buy that rather than pay £20 for a PPV showing on Sky. Sky have fucked me off quite a few times because they can't sort out their mobile streaming service. If I could choose DAZN for less money then I'd jump on that.

Maybe but I can't see Sky being happy or even being able to charge PPV prices when DAZN has a cheaper subscription on offer.
But it’s £8 a month now it’s just an idea I can’t see AJ moving solely to DAZN unless they buy BT but let’s see.

But it’s £8 a month now it’s just an idea I can’t see AJ moving solely to DAZN unless they buy BT but let’s see.
That's my point though. If DAZN show AJ and it's £8 a month, why am I going to pay Sky £20 for a single fight. I think Sky will outbid DAZN and keep AJ on board.

It would be weird not to have a long term contract while they are actively buttfucking each other every weekend. I’m glad things work itself out like that.

Back