AJ McKee the perfect example.

I am and I'm not, on the one hand it's nice for fighters to have options, on the other hand it's not so nice to have elite fighters who never fight each other because they're not in the same promotion.
I agree. It only benefited the UFC when Dana wanted to cross promote with Pride. We both know how that ended.

I think they rise up the ranks of local fight groups, regional fight groups etc.....

Yes. Some of them I've seen beat UFC guys in the training rooms . I hope you also know that all the fighters in the UFC sometimes get worked by their teammates too.

Absolutely. I am not saying everyone in the UFC is the best but... Lets be honest. Thats where most want to end up for exposure. I do train and know that some nights guys get the best of each other.

Yes. Some of them I've seen beat UFC guys in the training rooms . I hope you also know that all the fighters in the UFC sometimes get worked by their teammates too.
I do not doubt it

I always liked the Freire brothers, but McKee looked amazing against Pitbull. Hard to deny that he'd be in contention in the UFC, but it's also hard to know exactly where he'd be without him fighting any of the UFC fighters

This idea that MMA promotions somehow make fighters better rather than the other way around is stupid and I don't know why it never dies other than propaganda and casual fans repeating it.

Eddie Alvarez wasn't a UFC fighter came into the UFC and won a belt, Justin Gaethje wasn't a UFC fighter came into the UFC beat multiple top 10 fighters and fought for the belt, Melendez wasn't a UFC fighter fought Henderson for the belt and about half the people watching that fight thought he won. Chandler KOed a top 6 guy in a round and nearly KOed the current champion in their fight.

Shogun won the UFC belt after major knee surgeries, Zombie Big Nog won an interim HW title. Pettis and Henderson were from WEC both won gold in the UFC. Just because a top level fighter isn't in the UFC doesn't mean they aren't a top level fighter.

Last edited:
When the best LHW and champion in ufc is a 100 year old has been KSW castoff or when a fake actor from WWE (Brock) comes over and takes ufc belts it’s hard to assume the ufc test is what TS is making it out to be.

You are correct. I do think UFC is the place you have to be to determine you as a fighter. It just seems to be the general consensus. I’m all for more Organizations.
It is the general consensus among casual fans that can't tell for themselves if someone is good or not.

It is the general consensus among casual fans that can't tell for themselves if someone is good or not.[/QUOTE
I should’ve said to prove yourself. Just because your in the UFC doesn’t mean you’re better than everyone else and because you’re not doesn’t mean you couldn’t be. Either way I think we are on the same page.

tenor.gif

McKee just made over a million for that main event between show and win before sponsorships. The UFC would be a significant paycut.

Right

I'd be surprised if McKee ever fought in the UFC with the relationship they had with his dad.
Yup. Some people refuse to let go of the victim mentality. His dad is one.

Yup. Some people refuse to let go of the victim mentality. His dad is one.

Antonio Sr was a pro-union guy who went to decisions almost all the time. I bet they had some fiery arguments

McKee just made over a million for that main event between show and win before sponsorships. The UFC would be a significant paycut.

"Fighting in the UFC is not a career, it's an opportunity" -Pink Goof

With that said, different promotion or not... if you know what you're watching you can easily stick AJ in the upper half of the top-10 in the UFC FW division...

I would lay some serious scratch on a McKee vs Volk fight. I think the kid starches him. Max is a tougher matchup imho.

Back