AJ asking Usyk to let him fight Fury first.

Joshua will get the head boxed clean off of him and there will certainly be no rematch because he doesn't want the fight period

Before the Pulev fight, I might've agreed with you. But I was thoroughly impressed by what he did to Pulev.

Not only that, he also KOed both Dillian Whyte and Povetkin, both are top level HWs. The Ruiz fight was a hiccup and it probably woke him up to commit himself.

Before the Pulev fight, I might've agreed with you. But I was thoroughly impressed by what he did to Pulev.

Not only that, he also KOed both Dillian Whyte and Povetkin, both are top level HWs. The Ruiz fight was a hiccup and it probably woke him up to commit himself.

I was impressed with how he dispatched of pulev also but thats what was expected out of him if he's to be the #1 in the world. He's a great athlete , good power, decent speed and a good boxer but he's not on the level of Tyson fury in terms of skill and defense or movement. I believe AJ's greatest attribute is his athleticism and that will not be enough to beat fury.

He hasn't been waiting years but he was ordered as WBO mandatory a year ago. That order initially called for AJ & Usyk to fight within 6 months and he's already waited twice that long (circumstances notwithstanding). Assuming things go according to plan, Usyk steps aside and AJ & Fury complete their agreed upon two-fight deal this year, then the earliest he could possibly be granted his title shot wouldn't be until early to mid 2022. The whole idea is for him to wait longer and be paid for it in the meantime.

Thats right, and the WBO makes a champ going up straight a mandatory. Just happens that he falls in the middle of 3 guys trying to unify. Hope he gets paid thoroughly before facing the giants.

I'm in the minority, but Joshua vs. Fury would be that much bigger if it took place at Wembley or Old Trafford. But it would have to be in 2022... Maybe the end of this year is realistic too. But an event of that category has to be booked probably 5-6 months in advance, so summer 2022 is the most realistic as of right now.

After Usyk fight against Chisora he needs to give it a few years before he fights the giants and he must know that if he has said he will "step aside".

The way he was man handled in the early rounds against chisora shows he doesn't have the physical strength to deal with the likes of Joshua or Fury.....thats my opinion anyway. I think he needs to use his smart maybe put on a few more kg of muscle look at fighting Parker, Ruiz, Povetkin etc before looking at those two.

I wouldn't even believe an article written in the express. More reliable articles in the newspaper section of the viz magazines.
K

https://www.boxingscene.com/joshua-believes-usyk-take-step-aside-allow-fury-fight--154534

- https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/812758/anthony-joshua-reached-oleksandr-usyk-tyson-fury/

After Usyk fight against Chisora he needs to give it a few years before he fights the giants and he must know that if he has said he will "step aside".

The way he was man handled in the early rounds against chisora shows he doesn't have the physical strength to deal with the likes of Joshua or Fury.....thats my opinion anyway. I think he needs to use his smart maybe put on a few more kg of muscle look at fighting Parker, Ruiz, Povetkin etc before looking at those two.
He already bulked, there before and after pics in articles. he’s not getting any bigger, like a holyfield pump transformation, ped testing is alot more advanced these days, and he is lucky boxing’s testing is easier to play with than UFC’s surprise knock on your door at 6 am to pee in this jar.

Besides, his style is too reliant on footwork and barely any head movement, somore weight tthan this probably wouldnt be right against certain opponents. Look at AJ’s body in the Ruiz rematch.

there’s a reason WBC added a new weight class this year, though it’s not a good reason, lol.

There is no chance this fight will happen unless you can have a maximum capacity crowd. Nobody from fighters to promoters would take that massive hit in the 10s of millions for everybody.
2021? No chance.

Fury is a nightmare matchup for uysk. He should let aj have the fight in 2024 and then if aj pulls and upset he would have a good chance against aj the following year.

There is no chance this fight will happen unless you can have a maximum capacity crowd. Nobody from fighters to promoters would take that massive hit in the 10s of millions for everybody.
2021? No chance.

Fury is a nightmare matchup for uysk. He should let aj have the fight in 2024 and then if aj pulls and upset he would have a good chance against aj the following year.
There's no chance that AJ-Fury will happen this year? It has to or else they stand to make no money. They have to strike while the iron is hot and that time is now. It's far too risky to wait this out. Both fighters want the fight right now and the promoters involved all agree that it can't be delayed any longer. Either fighter could lose before then, Fury could go off the rails again, either fighter could get injured, mandatories will continue to build up, and the pandemic isn't going to just go away in a timely manner. It's now or never.

There's no chance that AJ-Fury will happen this year? It has to or else they stand to make no money. They have to strike while the iron is hot and that time is now. It's far too risky to wait this out. Both fighters want the fight right now and the promoters involved all agree that it can't be delayed any longer. Either fighter could lose before then, Fury could go off the rails again, either fighter could get injured, mandatories will continue to build up, and the pandemic isn't going to just go away in a timely manner. It's now or never.

This, it will happen this year because money will make it happen, we cant just assume that in 18 months time everything will all be back to normal, money talks and these guys are sitting there making nothing while the world sits still during this pandemic, the greed of promoters and fighters will make this happen, but for far less than the JOshua-Wilder *ahem* negotiations/deals...

Wilder looks like a proper fucking tit now for not taking that big money Joshua fight, he had a great chance of winning as well

I have no issues about Usyk getting a fat paycheck to step away from an event of this magnitude.
giphy.gif

I'm in the minority, but Joshua vs. Fury would be that much bigger if it took place at Wembley or Old Trafford. But it would have to be in 2022... Maybe the end of this year is realistic too. But an event of that category has to be booked probably 5-6 months in advance, so summer 2022 is the most realistic as of right now.

Yeah, I think the only real hope is that it's a competitive and compelling fight in whichever Gulf petrostate that it's held in and that we'll get some rematches down the road in a packed stadium in late 2021 or 2022. It's a shame that what would maybe be the biggest fight in the UK ever won't be held there. The site fees that they're willing to put up in the Gulf are tough for promoters to ignore, though.

Yeah, I think the only real hope is that it's a competitive and compelling fight in whichever Gulf petrostate that it's held in and that we'll get some rematches down the road in a packed stadium in late 2021 or 2022. It's a shame that what would maybe be the biggest fight in the UK ever won't be held there. The site fees that they're willing to put up in the Gulf are tough for promoters to ignore, though.
I really hope they pick like... Oman. Not so horrifically authoritarian and murderous, culturally unique for the region, probably easier to work with and quite pretty!

I really hope they pick like... Oman. Not so horrifically authoritarian and murderous, culturally unique for the region, probably easier to work with and quite pretty!

Ha. They'd probably have a hard time competing with the Saudi or Emirati money, unfortunately.

Of couse, you english language expert so skilled professor, piece of 0 as an expert living in forums.

Usyk not Pulev.
Pulev wouldn’t step aside and had the tighter timeline hence AJ had to take that fight first also he (and matchroom) would loose control of the belt whilst if he drops a belt to uysk they still have some control

He can get a huge pay day to step aside whilst fighting lesser heavyweights to improve at HW and his chances of wining the belt it makes sense to me

I think it will be a two fight deal with first in Middle East and the rematch in uk stadium would be my guess

He can get a huge pay day to step aside whilst fighting lesser heavyweights to improve at HW and his chances of wining the belt it makes sense to me

Yeah 100% step aside for a decent slab of money in his back pocket and chance to grow as a heavyweight in size and experience. Otherwise his heavyweight career will be cut short very early.

If AJ will not fight him first no matter what, Usyk shoudl take the money, of course.
But if he will get the fight if he does not step down, I would take the fight if I was Usyk.
I see his chances better agaist AJ than Fury, and I think Fury wins against AJ.
If Fury wins, does he then get to fight Fury? And when? He is 33.
I would prefer the see Fury AJ though.

Back