AJ and Fury sparred over a rolex

Tyson has that rolex.

edit: Just read it quick, he had to knock Fury out if anyone didn't read the article. Apparently Fury was betting anyone in London who could ko him in sparring would get a new rolly if they could stop him. AJ said they had a war and AJ was just an amateur at the time but Fury said look for this guy he'll be a Champ one day, so the story goes. And no, AJ didn't ko him.

Tyson kept the rolex.

Last edited:
Tyson has that rolex.

edit: Just read it quick, he had to knock Fury out if anyone didn't read the article. Apparently Fury was betting anyone in London who could ko him in sparring would get a new rolly if they could stop him. AJ said they had a war and AJ was just an amateur at the time but Fury said look for this guy he'll be a Champ one day, so the story goes. And no, AJ didn't ko him.

Tyson kept the rolex.

I don’t believe the bit about the Rolex! The rest of it I do as it seems fairly common knowledge now

going from that to fighting for millions of dollars
it's truly a riches to riches story that warms the wallet

AJ doesn't want that smoke.
Fury had just departed the gym where he sparred with his likely future opponent and was on his way home.

"I just went down to Finchley Boxing Club and sparred the ABA champion Anthony Joshua," Fury told Bunce. "He's red hot him, very good.

"To be honest with you I thought, 'I'll only take it easy because he's only an amateur and he probably won't spar me again if I go mad'.

"He rushed out at me, he threw a one-two and left hook and bash, he hit me with an uppercut right on the point of the chin. If I'd had a weak chin like David Price I'd have been knocked out for a month.

"He's very, very, very good and he's only young. Watch out for that name, Anthony Joshua, he is one prospect for the future."

i’m a good prospect. I rate myself as one of the top heavyweights in the world. He came out at me for three rounds and he gave me a beating.

“I thought, ‘Oh my God, an amateur’s killing me!’ The kid’s only 20, and I’m a handful myself, but for him to put up a good performance like that against a top prospect in me, I think he’s one for the future. I would say he’s the best amateur boxer in this country, super heavyweight, by a mile.”

i’m a good prospect. I rate myself as one of the top heavyweights in the world. He came out at me for three rounds and he gave me a beating.

“I thought, ‘Oh my God, an amateur’s killing me!’ The kid’s only 20, and I’m a handful myself, but for him to put up a good performance like that against a top prospect in me, I think he’s one for the future. I would say he’s the best amateur boxer in this country, super heavyweight, by a mile.”

I don’t believe the shit about the Rolex though!

Fury originally said that AJ, who was an amateur back then, beat him up in sparring. Of course he later revised his story and said that AJ couldn't even touch him and that he'd gone to the body to slow him down. Which version is the truth? We'll never know. It's likely that Fury was being honest about the encounter initially and later backtracked after regretting putting it out there.

Fury originally said that AJ, who was an amateur back then, beat him up in sparring. Of course he later revised his story and said that AJ couldn't even touch him and that he'd gone to the body to slow him down. Which version is the truth? We'll never know. It's likely that Fury was being honest about the encounter initially and later backtracked after regretting putting it out there.
To put this into context at the time of the spar Fury was 10-0 Pro and English Heavyweight champion.........AJ had been boxing for 2 years.

i mean the interview is up there(someone linked it). so regardless of his backtracking, thats what he said first

10-0 Tyson Fury though is a completely different guy to the one we see today mind you

To put this into context at the time of the spar Fury was 10-0 Pro and English Heavyweight champion.........AJ had been boxing for 2 years.

Fury was also getting beaten up by John McDermott at the time so it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Joshua managed to best him in a sparring session. Fury was young, sloppy, uncoordinated, hadn't really learned how to utilize his massive body as an advantage.

He had the handspeed, and he had skills, but it was clear that he had a lot of learning to do if he was to become a heavyweight contender.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back