Airline complaints: Which bothers you the most?

Bathroom restrictions at the front of the plane

lost luggage is the worst if i have to choose

i dont like anything that isnt me walking into the airport, then directly to my seat and then waiting until i land, then walking straight out of the airport

everything that prevents this scenario is a hassle that i wish would go away

I've had my luggage lost twice, but neither time was that big of a deal. They drove it to my home (one case was about 30 miles away, the other was 45 miles away) free of charge as soon as it arrived. Luckily it never happened to be when I was staying in a hotel or something so I always had enough clothes.

I had a similarly good experience too. they lost my bag, drove it to me the next morning free of charge. I lived about 70 miles from the airport.

my problems with airlines are:
1) how strict they are with closing registrations times. I was late once by literally a few minutes, and they wouldnt let register and proceed, although I was pretty sure the plane left late. in my flying experience, planes very very rarely leave on time.
2) from above experience, I learned that if you miss your flight, the airlines automatically cancel your whole itinerary and your return flight is no longer valid. as if their airline is the only way to get there, or there are no other means to get there. I had to pay almost the price of the ticket AGAIN to reinstate my itinerary so I could use the flight back, even though I already paid.

I somehow reserved a kosher meal on my flights to and from Frankfurt. Not sure how that happened but holy fuck its damned near impossible to open the plastic wrap they are enclosed in.

7. Other

Having to take redirected flight.

For example, I had a conference in Vegas a few years ago and my direct flight from TO was cancelled, b/c the plane never arrived from NYC.

So, I get put on a plan to Houston (4 hour flight), 5 hour layover in Houston, then a 4 hour flight to Vegas.

A direct 4 hour flight turned into a 12 hour travel day. The airline offered my free bag check, which is always helpful since I only do carry on for a 4 day trip.

I had 4 flights over just over a week recently and pretty much everything went wrong which could have. I've not got round to it yet but Delta are going to be getting a really angry email from me. Never ever want to fly with them again.

all these problems are crazy.

get on a FF program and fly one airline as much as possible. once you make it to super elite status, and some of these problems go away. not all, but some.
-routine upgrades
-priority bag checks
-reimbursement for delayed flights
etc

Leg space. I'm not even that super tall at 6'2 and it's already annoying.

The worst part about flying is the size of the seats in economy. It's absolutely absurd. I was on a flight three weeks ago where I was in my seat, sitting up, back against the seat back, and my knees were into the back of the seat in front of me. There was nothing else I could do.

There's going to be some epic road rage as Frontier enforces their new carry on luggage fees..

It's $50 if you don't get your bag processed before reaching the departure gate.

I suppose something had to be done since Airlines started charging extra for checked luggage. Passengers were really pushing the limit on the carry on bags.

Fat people who can't fit in their seats. Either buy 2 seats or just camp out in the bathroom til the end of the flight.

7. Other

As a 6'7" man my biggest complaint is space between seats. I literally have to jam my knees into the seat in front of me to put them straight, or have to sit spread eagle and bump the people next to me.

That and the TSA, those lines are always about twice as long as any line at the ticket counter

Kinda surprised to see so many people listing lost luggage as highest stressor. Considering the fact that there

1. Full flights suck.
2. Having people piled on top of each other.
3. The bad air you have to breath in
4 The foreigners who don't bath and have horrid body odor.
5. The bitchy ass old flight attendants, especially on US air carriers
6. The stupid delays. How they announce the delays. Sorry folks and thank you for being so patient with us. It's not being patient assholes. It's that we are stuck here and have no fucking choice to do anything otherwise.
7. This might go back to the bad air, but the asshole with a severe cold or flu that came anyway that is coughing and sneezing all over the place. We are breathing your recycled air asshole. You are infecting the entire fucking plane. Stay home.
8. The filthy stinky ass bathrooms.
9. Othe passengers that are Rude and clueless. People trying to muscle their way out onto the aisle after we landed because they have a connection. God dammit people we are all delayed and all want to get off too. Being one step ahead is not going to get you to your next flight faster.
10. Not upgrading the planes fast enough or equipping all of them with wifi.

1. airlines that don't have individual video entertainment monitors, esp for international flights

2. crying babies. there should be a separate soundproofed section for people traveling with babies.

1. airlines that don't have individual video entertainment monitors, esp for international flights

2. crying babies. there should be a separate soundproofed section for people traveling with babies.

I didn't know there were any like that still.

I can put up with a lot. It's a business that involves thousands of people doing everything right in order for things to go smooth so I don't get too bothered by long lines or delays, shit happens. There's no excuse for losing luggage though. Having to pay for bags sucks as well.

Back