Airborne

There's been some claims that zicam can cause you to lose your sense of smell. I don't know how bullshit that is.

I like zicam, swabbing the inside of my nose with zinc. After I read that though. I switched to the oral spray.

With zicam though you still have to catch it early. Any signs of sore throat or malaise and you gotta start spraying every couple of hours. You can't wait until snot's coming out of your nose.

Good point. I tried using it too late once and I ended up with half a cold for a couple months till I said fuck it, stayed in bed and let it kick my ass. Went away a couple days after.

noobloser... as to what does it prove? It proves that it is well known in certain circles and it is known to work for the purpose of staying healthy when around other sick people. cute story with your milk and syphilis though I enjoyed it :)

The first part is anecdotal evidence, and I think saying it works would only be fair after some double-blind scientific studies. There is a difference between correlation and causation.

I've been sick recently and a friend recommended I buy something called "Airborne." She promised I'd feel much better after taking it and to my surprise, I did. Has anyone ever tried this? I'm thinking about buying a bit more of it to take at the end of a heavy lifting/training week just to "boost my immune system."

All you do is drop the tablet into 4-6oz of water and drink. Doesn't taste that bad compared to some proteins I've tried. Meh, it worked for me.
This might be way old, but I give the product a thumbs up. :icon_chee

http://www.airbornehealth.com/products_lemonlime.php

orange_facts.gif

airborne-749181.jpg

It is a multivitamin with lots of vitamin c. It exists because there used to be a belief that maybe vitamin c helped with colds. Almost everything since says that vitamin c does not help with colds.

We don't have exhaustive information on taking such a thing for colds, but there isn't much or any PROOF to back it up.

If you think it works for you, continue to take it. There is nothing wrong with enjoying the benefits of positive thinking and placebo!

There isn't much or any proof that anything helps with the common cold, really.

It is a multivitamin with lots of vitamin c. It exists because there used to be a belief that maybe vitamin c helped with colds. Almost everything since says that vitamin c does not help with colds.

We don't have exhaustive information on taking such a thing for colds, but there isn't much or any PROOF to back it up.

If you think it works for you, continue to take it. There is nothing wrong with enjoying the benefits of positive thinking and placebo!

Get the fuck outta here!!!! You mean Linus Pauling was WRONG!?!?!?

Just kidding!!!

Airborn got in trouble for saying it prevents colds. It's basically just vitamin C and vitamin C doesn't PREVENT colds, it does however reduce the duration and severity of the cold.

Back