Air strike in a Syrian market kills around 100 civilians

Like I said, he's using air strikes to attack regions under rebel control. He's low on precision munitions, so he's using all sorts of crude devices that cause massive civilian causalities. There is also the element of trying to instill fear. Side with rebels, and you'd get bombed basically.

At the height the bombs are thrown, they certainly are not aiming at anything concrete, population centers are being targeted and some of these bombs do some serious damage when landing on a crowd.

Its called strategic bombing or terror bombing and its a sign that Assad is certainly pressed for resources.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strategic_bombing

Its the reason why Syria needs to be broken up along ethnic lines, you talk as if the opposition was any better.

I agree. Break Syria up along with Iraq the people would be happier.

Who takes over after Assad is gone? Did we learn nothing from Iraq?

Moderate rebels. But really it does not matter. As long as we seal our borders and bomb those who destabilize things will be fine.

I agree. Break Syria up along with Iraq the people would be happier.

Explain how the people would be happier.

Moderate rebels. But really it does not matter. As long as we seal our borders and bomb those who destabilize things will be fine.

The ones with the better fighting forces would take over. lol @ " moderate " .

You fuckers are so blind it's beyond pathetic.

http://news.yahoo.com/un-aid-chief-horrified-attacks-civilians-syria-081236744.html

What is going on?
After watching some of the documentaries by VICE, I have a hard time believing that Assad tells the truth.
With the barrel bombs and whatnot.
In one documentary that I watched, that I don't think that VICE did, they showed them barrel bombing.

The "rebels" seem like ordinary people fighting against an oppressor.

It is insane that they seem to target markets, bakeries, improvised hospitals...

I think you have a very naive and juvenile understanding of the situation in Syria, which is partly due to the fact that you watch disinformation vectors like VICE, which tells some truth, but omits others. Also, the Western media constantly rails when there is a supposed Syrian government bombing of civilians.

Take the recent example of when the US media reported that Syrian government shelling killed 36 people in Damascus. However, what was left out was that this was retaliation for "rebel" shelling that killed 13 as the Iranian foreign minister was there. That's what happens when you have war, you have tit-for-tat strikes, and in an urban war like this, civilian casualties are inevitable. You, like the so-called West, blame entirely Assad, but you fail to understand that any leader or State, will fight to preserve its power. If the U.S. was in the same predicament it would do the same thing, especially when this so-called "civil war" is largely fueled by external forces.

Recently, Turkey and the U.S. announced a proposed "no-fly zone" over certain parts of Syria. Given history, military interventions always precede with a no-fly zone - whether in Iraq, Libya, or Yugoslavia in the 90s. This portends a possible intervention in the fall 2015.

However, Turkey has used the current cover of bombing ISIS, as an excuse to bomb the Kurds, with whom it has long standing tensions.

Turkey has launched a series of aggressive airstrikes against Kurdish militants but has yet to turn its firepower on Islamic State in Syria as expected, increasing concerns in Washington about the Ankara government

Its the reason why Syria needs to be broken up along ethnic lines, you talk as if the opposition was any better.

It's 2015 Rod. I think the time to reply to trolls with a serious answer has passed. In fact, I think all serious posting should stop. Just trolling all the way. Fuck yeah.

Israel can target Hamas Rocket sites and minimize collateral damage. At least that is what is projected onto the general Murican public.

If only Syrian Arab Army had the same capabilities, or a friend to lend them a hand, they can keep the region from further destabilizing (which is in the best interest of the people living there), and do so without wiping out too many of his own people (which will help fuel the rebel cause and is horrible PR).

I think you have a very naive and juvenile understanding of the situation in Syria, which is partly due to the fact that you watch disinformation vectors like VICE, which tells some truth, but omits others. Also, the Western media constantly rails when there is a supposed Syrian government bombing of civilians.

Take the recent example of when the US media reported that Syrian government shelling killed 36 people in Damascus. However, what was left out was that this was retaliation for "rebel" shelling that killed 13 as the Iranian foreign minister was there. That's what happens when you have war, you have tit-for-tat strikes, and in an urban war like this, civilian casualties are inevitable. You, like the so-called West, blame entirely Assad, but you fail to understand that any leader or State, will fight to preserve its power. If the U.S. was in the same predicament it would do the same thing, especially when this so-called "civil war" is largely fueled by external forces.

Recently, Turkey and the U.S. announced a proposed "no-fly zone" over certain parts of Syria. Given history, military interventions always precede with a no-fly zone - whether in Iraq, Libya, or Yugoslavia in the 90s. This portends a possible intervention in the fall 2015.

However, Turkey has used the current cover of bombing ISIS, as an excuse to bomb the Kurds, with whom it has long standing tensions.

This is largely due to the fact that the Kurds have been increasingly successful against the ISIS militants. As Turkey is one of the only points of entry for Islamist fighters and weapons support (the other is Jordan, and to a lesser extent Iraq), if the Kurds succeeded in closing off the border with Turkey, that would be a significant blow to the continued support of ISIS, which is the secrete proxy army of "the West."

Moreover, the likely intervention would be in keeping with U.S. policy as outlined by the establishment mouthpiece, the Brookings Institution as far back as 2012 with an aptly Orwellian titled piece titled, "Saving Syria: Assessing Options for Regime Change."

Syria is where there is a convergence of interests from a variety of parties both for purposes of energy control of the future and lebensraum for "Greater Israel" as outlined back in the 80s by Oded Yinon. NATO and the Gulf States support regime change for the pipeline politics involving the Qatar-Turkey pipeline vs. Iran-Iraq-Syria pipeline.

What is the likelihood that this may spiral out of control into a general Middle East war? What about a larger world war?

Good post.

Funny how when Assad may, or may not, be responsible for innocent casualties in an ongoing and bloody civil war he is an evil ruler who must be deposed, but when we kill 50+ woman and children in a missile strike in Yemen against its collateral damage.

Good post.

Funny how when Assad may, or may not, be responsible for innocent casualties in an ongoing and bloody civil war he is an evil ruler who must be deposed, but when we kill 50+ woman and children in a missile strike in Yemen against its collateral damage.
Its a little daft to compare accidental deaths of civilians to actualy targeting them ....also hes done a lot more evil shit than that.

How do we determine the true intention of an attack?

Whether its done by Assad or by Turkey.

Whougonnacall may as well be Erdogan spokeman, so dont waste your breath.

Whether its done by Assad or by Turkey.

Whougonnacall may as well be Erdogan spokeman, so dont waste your breath.

Are u saying turkish f16s did this not syrian jets?

When have I ever been pro turkey (outside of xmas )? Its nice they want scum like assad gone but they can eat a dick for their treatment if the kurds

Are u saying turkish f16s did this not syrian jets?

When have I ever been pro turkey (outside of xmas )? Its nice they want scum like assad gone but they can eat a dick for their treatment if the kurds

No, im saying that anything Assad does is wrong and evil according to you, the whole thing is black and white.

Here you are preaching how Assad prisons were full of political prisoners, in another thread you were blaming Assad for ISIS because he released said political prisoners who turned up to be terrorists.

All sides are trying to survive at this point.

if it was a one off maybe its an accident , after years of daily incidents like this many far from any military targets?

Well, using frequency of attacks as an indicator of intention can really be troublesome, cause you can use same variable to show the opposite.

For example, i can say that daily incidents clearly show that Syrian government doesn't have the means to do precision strikes, because they lack the technology or ammo. Other than that, if you want to do terror bombing, it's wrong to carry out daily attacks cause people just stop being scared at some point. It's much scarier when you do it using irregular intervals. That way people know something's gonna happen, but don't know when. Now that's scary, i know that from first hand experience.

On the other hand, NATO/USA is much technologically superior, so it's harder to believe that civilian deaths (which are not really rare, it happens every time they do an intervention) are accidental. And they happen at just about the perfect rate to fuck people's minds.

So there, i used frequency same as you, and created a valid argument that's completely opposite of yours.

Bottom line, intention is really tough to determine and it's complete bullshit to use it as an excuse.

No, im saying that anything Assad does is wrong and evil according to you, the whole thing is black and white.

Here you are preaching how Assad prisons were full of political prisoners, in another thread you were blaming Assad for ISIS because he released said political prisoners who turned up to be terrorists.

All sides are trying to survive at this point.

you feel assad isnt evil? wow
His prisons are still full of all kinds.....he let out the ones his intel knew were violent orgainsed islamists (as hed assisted them in iraq fighting) to advance his cause
Those jails still have thousands whos only crime was protesting ....are they terrorists too?

Well, using frequency of attacks as an indicator of intention can really be troublesome, cause you can use same variable to show the opposite.

For example, i can say that daily incidents clearly show that Syrian government doesn't have the means to do precision strikes, because they lack the technology or ammo. Other than that, if you want to do terror bombing, it's wrong to carry out daily attacks cause people just stop being scared at some point. It's much scarier when you do it using irregular intervals. That way people know something's gonna happen, but don't know when. Now that's scary, i know that from first hand experience.

On the other hand, NATO/USA is much technologically superior, so it's harder to believe that civilian deaths (which are not really rare, it happens every time they do an intervention) are accidental. And they happen at just about the perfect rate to fuck people's minds.

So there, i used frequency same as you, and created a valid argument that's completely opposite of yours.

Bottom line, intention is really tough to determine and it's complete bullshit to use it as an excuse.
Frequency is just part when cross referenced to where they hit ,how well knowm the targets where as hospital etc ,distance from rebel frontlines and bases ,reports from defectors etc you get the idea

Also people never stop getting scared of tnt raining ftom above....they are funny likr that

you feel assad isnt evil? wow

Evil and good, black and white.

If Assad is evil, that means all that fight him are the good guys right? or maybe Assad is just one of the lesser evils in one of the most fucked up regions in the world.

His prisons are still full of all kinds.....he let out the ones his intel knew were violent orgainsed islamists (as hed assisted them in iraq fighting) to advance his cause
Those jails still have thousands whos only crime was protesting ....are they terrorists too?

Right, Assad the ever scheming cartoon villain.

Fact remains that among all arabs involved in Syria, Assad is certainly the lesser evil, which is not much to say considering that he is up against ISIS and Al-Nusra

Frequency is just part when cross referenced to where they hit ,how well knowm the targets where as hospital etc ,distance from rebel frontlines and bases ,reports from defectors etc you get the idea

Also people never stop getting scared of tnt raining ftom above....they are funny likr that

Again, they are thrown from helicopters at maximum altitude on makeshift bombs.

Allies in WW2 precision bombing was around 1000ft radius and less than 20% of bombs fell inside that radius.

Claiming that Syrians are targeting specific buildings with such makeshift bombs thrown overboard from a helicopter is a joke.

Not defending these airstrikes, but every side of the Syrian civil war, outside of ISIS, are shades of gray (ISIS is, of course, solid black). I'll take Assad winning the war over seeing jihadi groups get yet another "safe space" in the world.

Back