Air strike in a Syrian market kills around 100 civilians

Luger

Rabbi of Platinum Nation
Banned
Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/un-aid-chief-horrified-attacks-civilians-syria-081236744.html

They came almost exactly two years after devastating chemical weapons attacks on the same region that much of the international community blamed on the Syrian government.

At least 96 people were killed and 240 wounded in the 10 air strikes on a marketplace and other parts of Douma, according to the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, a Britain-based monitor.

In Geneva, UN envoy Staffan de Mistura called the Douma attacks "devastating".

"Hitting crowded civilian markets killing almost one hundred of its own citizens by a government is unacceptable in any circumstances," he added.

He said the deaths underscored that there was no military solution to the conflict.

What is going on?
After watching some of the documentaries by VICE, I have a hard time believing that Assad tells the truth.
With the barrel bombs and whatnot.
In one documentary that I watched, that I don't think that VICE did, they showed them barrel bombing.

The "rebels" seem like ordinary people fighting against an oppressor.

It is insane that they seem to target markets, bakeries, improvised hospitals...

The Syrian military doesn't have much precision guided weapons, and they're employing the wrong strategy when it comes to air strikes. Instead of using it to support their ground assaults, they're just doing retaliatory attacks against areas under rebel control. Of course, since much of the fighting are taking place in urban areas, civilians are bound to get hit.

http://news.yahoo.com/un-aid-chief-horrified-attacks-civilians-syria-081236744.html

What is going on?
After watching some of the documentaries by VICE, I have a hard time believing that Assad tells the truth.
With the barrel bombs and whatnot.
In one documentary that I watched, that I don't think that VICE did, they showed them barrel bombing.

The "rebels" seem like ordinary people fighting against an oppressor.

It is insane that they seem to target markets, bakeries, improvised hospitals...
no one believes assad is telling the truth dude esp not about the barrel bombs (given the sheer number of videos online now its like denying grass being green) ...hes a sociopathic genocidal tyrant remember not a boy scout.

he may even be using naplam now
http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ion-accuses-assad-napalm-attack-near-damascus

no one believes assad is telling the truth dude esp not about the barrel bombs (given the sheer number of videos online now its like denying grass being green) ...hes a sociopathic genocidal tyrant remember not a boy scout.

he may even be using naplam now
http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ion-accuses-assad-napalm-attack-near-damascus

The documentary that I watched showed when one was going down and the locals pointed it out.
It was insane. Just dropped in a regular neighbourhood.

Too bad I can't recall what the documentary was called. I could make a gif.
It was freaky.

The Syrian military doesn't have much precision guided weapons, and they're employing the wrong strategy when it comes to air strikes. Instead of using it to support their ground assaults, they're just doing retaliatory attacks against areas under rebel control. Of course, since much of the fighting are taking place in urban areas, civilians are bound to get hit.

But targeting bakeries and so on... that is really crazy and not justifiable

They have used it massively to support ground assaults and cover retreats (more of those than attacks recently) but also to punish civilans and instil fear
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-22098794

This is fucking horrible.

Also, how is the civilian population expected to resist ISIS when this is your government?

Bullshit propaganda to demonize Assad. The real demons in this world are those controlling the US government. Assad is on the front lines, preventing this evil empire from completely gripping the entire planet & strangling all life out of this world. May he continue to resist & fight for both his people and all people around the world who wish to be free.

No, I have followed it somewhat well.
Just that this shit is still going on is shocking.
Maybe a last desperate measure, as he said something along the way that he is losing some of the battles.

feel free to read the torture reports if you want really shocking ...killing a 100 or so civillians is actualy quite tame from him

Bullshit propaganda to demonize Assad. The real demons in this world are those controlling the US government. Assad is on the front lines, preventing this evil empire from completely gripping the entire planet & strangling all life out of this world. May he continue to resist & fight for both his people and all people around the world who wish to be free.

By fighting for his people, he kills them.
That is really weird.

Assad doing his thing what he has been doing for past few years is what is going on. Strike just happened to kill more people than usual. Barrel bombing is almost the new normal.

i do feel the west has manipulated much of the rebels and supported foreign fighters that had there own agenda but on the other side assad was just such a easy target much of the population did hate him and he was a tyrant i have talked to many refugees all hated assad

But targeting bakeries and so on... that is really crazy and not justifiable

Like I said, he's using air strikes to attack regions under rebel control. He's low on precision munitions, so he's using all sorts of crude devices that cause massive civilian causalities. There is also the element of trying to instill fear. Side with rebels, and you'd get bombed basically.

Back