AI slowly creeping in to take over the human experience

Rockapotomuss

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
War room is usually about political divides, and this is more about the divide between humans and computers, or what's left of it. We are being replaced. Year after year, artificial intelligence algorithms are having a greater impact on our daily lives. It starts in the work place, and trickles down to the customer experience.

The following podcast is 3 hours long, but it's more than a podcast episode, it's an experience. Duncan Trussell and Johnny Pemberton take us on a journey inside the inner workings of the AT&T call center, as Duncan tries to get an internet line installed at his new house. This episode is a demonstration of the infusion and a replacement of our freedom of expression with AI script. If you can make it through the whole thing, you will not regret it, I promise.

Looking forward to your impressions.

The AI is already self aware...it already knows all our likes and dislikes, it already influences us thru the ads or video suggestions in either utube or facebook.

I can't wait for the AI to do its grand apperance in like 25 years.

I think we're not going to really have to worry until we start using AI to design CGI for movies. Unfortunately, that's not far off. Some movie characters have already been created totally in CGI, IIRC. You also have to look out for AI that can design other technology. That's gonna be a gamechanger.

The AI is already self aware...it already knows all our likes and dislikes, it already influences us thru the ads or video suggestions in either utube or facebook.

I can't wait for the AI to do its grand apperance in like 25 years.
Not me bro. i leave cat videos on autoplay.

and i dont like cats. fight the system

I reckon we will reach a point where all of our needs for social contact, will be satisfied by soulless interactions with machines. We will essentially exist in a sphere of constant fulfillment, as we slowly disintegrate and degenerate into creatures represented and defined only by our desires for pleasure, living in a commercial, hedonistic culture enabled by machines. Such carnal impulses of men, once understood to their fullest extent, will be easily controllable.

To some that might be heaven, to me it is as hell is depicted to be, in biblical terms. I deem that it would be impossible for mankind, to break out from such a rule. Even though in essence, atleast to me, it is tyranny through a diminishment of human experience.

3 hours of some dudes trying to get an internet connection from at&t?
That's some bad AI

Back