Crime Ahmaud Arbery Shooting v4 (autopsy report)

Notice something that's actually relevant to anything in this case such as the autopsy mentioning that Arbery had multiple tattoos on his upper extremeties. Which is something that was described in one of the suspects of either a previous burglary or trespassing in Satilla Shores posted by @deltapapha previously.

Not sure why having tats is particularly relevant 1 way or the other unless someone identified the tatoos in detail ie. a Phoenix, a picture of a child, gang tats, etc.

You think focusing on a struggle is an effective defense when legally the struggle is irrelevant if it happened during a felony?

The shooting is the felony that's being charged.

The shooting is the felony that's being charged.
The shooting is one of the felonies being charged (felony murder). Aggravated assault is the felony being charged to the McMichaels and criminal attempted false imprisonment is the one charged to Bryan.

I said they likely did not know it was Arbery. Nor would they have needed to know it was Arbery to arrest him. All they needed to do was match him with the man in the surveillance video.

What part of this is not enough for the McMichaels to LEGALLY detain him do you not understand?

The law is very clear here. They didn't have a legal right to detain him.

Which would be an indictment of Georgia’s citizens, not vindication of the McMichaels.

I know nothing about GA law, but I've seen man get off after basically executing someone in my own state. Between that and the only vid I've seen shows Aubrey charging at Mcmichael - I think he'll get off.

Larry reported that he had $2500 in gear stolen from his boat. He also reported other things stolen from his property at other times. And Larry specifically said on a 911 call that Arbery was looking in his boat. He also told dispatcher that Arbery was seen on cameras of three other people in the neighborhood.

[correction, Larry did not report it to the police but he did state that he had $2500 in gear stolen from boat. give me a sec on that though]

There was no police report. How would the police arrest Arbery for an unreported crime?

Two questions;

Why was there a struggle?
Why was there a shotgun present during it?

The answer to those questions is why this is not good news for the McMichaels.

Why was there a gun? Because a repeat their was terrorizing a neighborhood and the victims were tired of it.

Idiots on both sides.

I know nothing about GA law, but I've seen man get off after basically executing someone in my own state. Between that and the only vid I've seen shows Aubrey charging at Mcmichael - I think he'll get off.

You should re-read the threads. The applicable Georgia laws have been gone over repeatedly, there’s no mystery there. We also known based on the entire video, that Arbery acted defensively after being cornered by men in vehicles with guns drawn, twice. They instigated it and committed a crime doing that, which gives them no argument for self defense. Since that crime is a felony and Arbery died as a result of it, it’s a murder charge in Georgia.

It’s very possible this case will be botched. If it is, and people try to hold it up as proof of what they did being ok, those people are stupid.

Hope that helps.

There was no police report. How would the police arrest Arbery for an unreported crime?

Hey blaseblah I have to jet at the moment. I will explain more later. The police had ample reason to suspect Arbery of burglaries in the neighborhood. I need to find some specific documents though relating to the burglaries. I will be back later.

The shooting is one of the felonies being charged (felony murder). Aggravated assault is the felony being charged to the McMichaels and criminal attempted false imprisonment is the one charged to Bryan.

Aggravated assault is the shooting itself.

Edit: and charging Bryan with false imprisonment when he never exited his own vehicle is beyond a stretch.

Last edited:
Why was there a gun? .

Yes let’s blame the presence of the gun on the kid who dared to look around a construction site, not the actual men who brought guns to instigate a confrontation.

Honestly can’t do anything but chuckle at the mental gymnastics to defend 3 scumbags. Just save yourself time and admit you don’t care about the dead guy because of who he was.

Aggravated assault is the shooting itself.
No, aggravated assault isn't the shooting. Assault doesn't require physical force, the aggravated assault is when Travis had his weapon out when he blocked the road.

You should re-read the threads. The applicable Georgia laws have been gone over repeatedly, there’s no mystery there. We also known based on the entire video, that Arbery acted defensively after being cornered by men in vehicles with guns drawn, twice. They instigated it and committed a crime doing that, which gives them no argument for self defense. Since that crime is a felony and Arbery died as a result of it, it’s a murder charge in Georgia.

It’s very possible this case will be botched. If it is, and people try to hold it up as proof of what they did being ok, those people are stupid.

Hope that helps.

They aren't charged with false imprisonment though; the guy that never exited his vehicle was. I find the whole thing to be too similar to Tyvon Martin and thus don't expect anyreal justice.

No, aggravated assault isn't the shooting. Assault doesn't require physical force, the aggravated assault is when Travis had his weapon out when he blocked the road.

I understand that strictly speaking assault is a threat, but...

An assault is the act of inflicting physical harm or unwanted physical contact upon a person or, in some specific legal definitions, a threat or attempt to commit such an action. It is both a crime and a tort and, therefore, may result in criminal prosecution, civil liability, or both.Wikipedia

They aren't charged with false imprisonment though; the guy that never exited his vehicle was. I find the whole thing to be too similar to Tyvon Martin and thus don't expect anyreal justice.

What would be real justice in this scenario?

I understand that strictly speaking assault is a threat, but...

An assault is the act of inflicting physical harm or unwanted physical contact upon a person or, in some specific legal definitions, a threat or attempt to commit such an action. It is both a crime and a tort and, therefore, may result in criminal prosecution, civil liability, or both.Wikipedia
That's not Georgia law.

Universal Citation: GA Code § 16-5-20 (2018)
  • (a) A person commits the offense of simple assault when he or she either:

• (1) Attempts to commit a violent injury to the person of another; or

• (2) Commits an act which places another in reasonable apprehension of immediately receiving a violent injury.

2 applies for the simple assault charge.

Universal Citation: GA Code § 16-5-21 (2018)
  • (a) A person commits the offense of aggravated assault when he or she assaults:

• (1) With intent to murder, to rape, or to rob;

• (2) With a deadly weapon or with any object, device, or instrument which, when used offensively against a person, is likely to or actually does result in serious bodily injury;
2 escalates it to aggravated assault even before the physical confrontation occurs.

All we need to know was that he was a desperate thief, and not just an innocent "Jogger"
We also know that Papa McMichael was such a shitty cop, they gave him a civilian job. So Papa McMichael was not some normal ex cop protecting a neighborhood, but a cop that was let go from his cop job, because he was a terrible cop. Maybe him being such a shitty cop, bled into is civilian life which is why Arbery is now dead.
Funny how the same people that bring up Arbery being some thief, seem to give Papa McMichael a pass on him being a total failure as a cop.

That there was a struggle is probably good for the McMichaels, because it makes it easier to cast the shooting as being in self-defense.

exactly .. this is why I've said before they might get off given the right jury and that video footage .. the optics of the video are key

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back