Crime Ahmaud Arbery shooting V2

The shooter is guilty of

• First-degree ("cold-blooded" killings)

Votes: 66 23.2%
  • Second- degree (reckless disregard for human life)

Votes: 120 42.3%
  • Manslaughter (the unlawful killing of another person without direct intention or attempt.)

Votes: 56 19.7%
  • Not guilty- self defense

Votes: 42 14.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The video clearly shows Arbery is the one who ran at McMichaels. The truck was used to block the roadway, it wasn't driven at him.

They didn't threaten him with the weapons. The only word we can make out on the video is them yelling, "Stop".
When they pursued him and then lied in wait for him , he had reason to fear for his life, as anyone would.

I get what Madmick is saying. He's just taking the long way to say GA got some real fucked up laws that seem to have been exploited for decades and is only now getting caught on camera.
It does seem to have a few fucked up laws for sure.
I'm having troubles with citizens arrest and the other guy being able to stand your ground and an open carry state
Just asking for trouble

Last edited:
You are wrong. The son is already out of the truck on the drivers side when Arbery is running up. Arbery ran around the passenger side, and then charges around the front to the drivers side and where he initiates contact with the son on the drivers side of the vehicle. You see Arbery start his juke maneuver at 0:15.

Unfortunately the cameraman can't hold his shot steady, but we then see Arbery well away from the son on the passengers side but turned and running TOWARD the son at 0:19. McMichaels moved toward him when it appeared that Arbery was going the other direction, but is still on the drivers side of the truck, and starts backpeddling as soon as he notices that Arbery has started to charge him. Arbery is clearly trying to grab the gun in frames at 0:20, 0:21, and starts punching him in the head at 0:22. You see another punch to the head at 0:29.

At no point did the shooter "run at him". The opposite is true. Once Arbery ran to the passenger side of the truck he could have kept running in that direction. Instead he chose to attack.

At no point did the shooter run at him? LOL. Then how in a manner of seconds does the shooter go from beside the driver's side door of the truck in the left hand lane to in front of the truck in the right lane the moment Amaud gets there? Teleportation and it was just a coincidence that was where Amaud was headed too? Christ.

Amaud attempts to evade the shooter by running the opposite direction around the truck. Shooter decides he wants to initiate some close quarters armed confrontation so he sprints Amaud's direction to cut him off. Amaud gets to the front of the truck. The camera is blocked. There are steep ditches to his right, armed men chasing him to his rear, and the shooter just sprinted up to him brandishing a shotgun. Amaud's flight option is gone and shooter has initiated a confrontation so Amaud goes to option B which is defend yourself.

There is no misdemeanor citizen's arrest law that says you can drive down the road with your boyz Mad Max style, pop up an armed check point in the middle of a public road when you see someone you think maybe might have in the past done something that could possibly be a misdemeanor, and then sprint at the person brandishing a shotgun when they don't stop for you and call all that non-threatening. But sure, give it a shot. You'll wind up in jail like this dummy.

Last edited:
let's try to apply this faultly logic to reality.

Young woman is a pedestrian on the street alone. She maybe litters and a group of young black men see her. The load into 2 trucks and chase her, admitting they try multiple times to cut her off. Finally an SUV stops in the road in front of her and behind her and a guy gets out and runs at her brandishing a shotgun telling her to not move. She pulls out a pocket knife and now she's the threat to him and he can shoot her in self-defense because c'mon guys they just wanted to detain her? This is silly.

let's try to apply this faultly logic to reality.

Young woman is a pedestrian on the street alone. She maybe litters and a group of young black men see her. The load into 2 trucks and chase her, admitting they try multiple times to cut her off. Finally an SUV stops in the road in front of her and behind her and a guy gets out and runs at her brandishing a shotgun telling her to not move. She pulls out a pocket knife and now she's the threat to him and he can shoot her in self-defense because c'mon guys they just wanted to detain her? This is silly.
Are the guys in the trucks friends with the local DA?

The idea that chasing someone with a gun, setting up a roadblock to cut off his escape, and then confronting him with a gun brandished is something that should not immediately be seen as a threat to the person on the receiving end of this behavior is one of the dumbest things I've read on this board. As Darkballs said, this presumption of non-malicious intent would not be applied universally. There was that case a couple of years back of a black kid who was lost on his way to school and was shot at for knocking on a door. There were people here defending the shooter as if its reasonable to automatically assume that any black kid knocking on your door is a threat but a couple of white guys can approach you with guns drawn and you should just assume that they want to chat.

I give madmick credit for having the patience to argue against some in here.

Steep ditches? Come on, there is already enough misinformation out there stop adding more.

Yep, you can see a big ditch to the right before the truck and smaller after it. If I'm tired and being chased by armed men I'm not wanting to fall.

The video clearly shows Arbery is the one who ran at McMichaels. The truck was used to block the roadway, it wasn't driven at him.

They didn't threaten him with the weapons. The only word we can make out on the video is them yelling, "Stop".
The video doesn't clearly show Arbery running at McMichaels as the truck was blocking where he ran to as he was on the opposing side of the truck. The video started with McMichaels (Travis) in the left lane to the left of the truck in the right lane, yet McMichaels ended up in front of the truck on the right lane and not in view of the camera before the shooting occurred, so he definitely moved towards Arbery like I said.

Per their own statements they tried to cut off Arbery with their truck multiple times before this.....that's aggravated assault when they're using an object that could cause severe bodily harm in that way based on the law you posted earlier. I noticed you never tried arguing against that.

This is from the 2nd link you posted that I'm guessing you didn't read or didn't understand. This is from the Gwinnet County DA.

“For aggravated assault, you have to place the victim in fear of injury or death with a firearm,” he said.

“It’s a combination of circumstances and words and actions,” Porter said.

Combination of circumstances, words, and actions?

Let's look at this combination..... We have two armed men that decide to chase after someone they believe is a suspect. They didn't witness any felony that would justify chasing a fleeing suspect based on GA's citizen's arrest laws. Now we have these armed men that attempted to cut off the fleeing suspect with a vehicle multiple times based on their statements. Now we have these men blocking a public roadway with one out of the truck and in the left lane holding a gun, you have the other standing in the bed of the truck that's blocking the right lane.

That's aggravated assault, even with Georgia's shitty laws.

It's just people refusing to put themselves in Arbery's perspective.

I grew up half in new orleans, and half in deep deep cajun country. Both places had their shitty parts. But just reverse it. You're a white guy walking through a rough part of New Orleans

100% agree hat NOLA has some shithole areas!!! I have a nephew that when he lived in Algiers...he ran with gang bangers from Fisher Projects...of course he was called “white boy”....fisher projects was the #1 shithole on the West Bank...have a nephew in law, who is a cop on the west bank, that grew up in the #1 shithole in New Orleans...name escapes me put starts with a C and lil Wayne grew up there...Katrina wiped it out, thankfully.....

what part of Cajun country? For me it was spending a few summers in LaFitte learning how to unload trawlers and skin nutria....

I'd of given up after 30 seconds.. my fat ass ain't running for 4 mins.

That does seem like a long time.. maybe enough time to suggest that the truck driving clowns weren't really a threat?

Why would you think men who have chased you for 4 minutes and now have stepped out of the truck with a shotgun aren't a threat?

When they pursued him and then lied in wait for him , he had reason to fear for his life, as anyone would.
Assault doesn't even require that he's afraid, it only requires that he has reason to believe that they would act against him physically.

A simple example is a 95 pound guy year old threatening to punch the Rock in his eye and raising his fist. So long as the Rock reasonably believes that the guy is going to act, it's assault. The Rock doesn't need to be afraid of this guy to make a defensible case of assault.

The issue is usually the word "apprehend" which lay people think means "fear" but, as used within the law, it only means "knowledge of". So long as you have knowledge, you have apprehension.

Yep, you can see a big ditch to the right before the truck and smaller after it. If I'm tired and being chased by armed men I'm not wanting to fall.
If you are a avid jogger meaning in shape. And you perceive a threat by men in trucks do you stay on the round?
Really unsure the area haven't Google the street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back