Agree with Chris Weidman on this one?

1 win out his 5 last fights.

4 KO/TKO losses in his last 5 fights.

It'll be like that sometimes when you fight Rockhold, Mousasi, Romero, Gastelum and Jacare in a row.

Stop being a goof.

UFC fighters are ranked by the media not by the ufc. This is why sometimes there is a tie in their ranks. If they are influenced by the ufc it’s because they like so many other get caught by promotion for the next big fight.
Also they don’t change every hour, they change them once a week, I believe on Tuesdays. If no fights happen that week very few ranks move, you can see that because they have on the ranks who moved and by how many spots.

I realize, just wanted to exaggerate something. But the rankings in the UFC are already questionable, if a fighter after two years without a fight is suddenly no 1 contender ...
Personally, independent rankings are more credible.

Weidman couldn’t juice anymore so he went downhill. USADA ruined his career.

The Chris has a very strong strength of schedule. Can never say he backed away from a fight or hand picked his opponents.
WAR The Chris.

Sherdog hating on a guy that only fights tough opponents amazes me. Who cares if he doesn't always win them? There are champions out there cherry picking their opponents.

I realize, just wanted to exaggerate something. But the rankings in the UFC are already questionable, if a fighter after two years without a fight is suddenly no 1 contender ...
Personally, independent rankings are more credible.
They are independent rankings. That’s the point. UFC has no input. Sherdog tends to rank according to wins and losses, well the media put their own opinions in. It is like the fighters are ranked by a panel of hardcore fans trying to be unbiased. So the ufc rankings can change slightly with no fights simply because a media person learns something and changes their opinion. The sherdog ratings only change if a fight happens and someone gets a W or L. I find the results to be very similar.
When someone like Cruz comes back after 2 years and smashes a top level opponent, yes they deserve to be ranked at the top. They are only off the list because they they don’t rank inactive fighters. Sherdog would do the same.

The one thing that sometimes makes ufc rankings messed up. And maybe they have dealt with it. But when someone switches weight classes the rankers are unsure if they should still be ranked in a weight class or not. So when only half the media rank that fighter and they rank them in the top 5, we’ll the others don’t rank the fighter in that weight class they end up with a ranking of something like 12th, which is far worse than not being ranked at all.

The Chris has a very strong strength of schedule. Can never say he backed away from a fight or hand picked his opponents.
WAR The Chris.

Sherdog hating on a guy that only fights tough opponents amazes me. Who cares if he doesn't always win them? There are champions out there cherry picking their opponents.
He puts on exciting fights and only fights top tier opponents but gets hated on. Then people on here wonder why so many fighters and especially champs are ducking people.

He should've fought someone sooner after Kelvin. He is waiting too much imo

He has beaten several PED cheaters and now is also helping the youth to go away from drugs . Respect to Teh Chris.
He is still pretty deluded though . I heard only a guy in NJ can match him in that regard .

Before USADA Chris was an unbeatable Phenom Champion, after USADA he gets destroyed fight after fight. But he is super clean right<puh-lease75>

Easily the worst human being in MMA history.

They are independent rankings. That’s the point. UFC has no input. Sherdog tends to rank according to wins and losses, well the media put their own opinions in. It is like the fighters are ranked by a panel of hardcore fans trying to be unbiased. So the ufc rankings can change slightly with no fights simply because a media person learns something and changes their opinion. The sherdog ratings only change if a fight happens and someone gets a W or L. I find the results to be very similar.
When someone like Cruz comes back after 2 years and smashes a top level opponent, yes they deserve to be ranked at the top. They are only off the list because they they don’t rank inactive fighters. Sherdog would do the same.

The one thing that sometimes makes ufc rankings messed up. And maybe they have dealt with it. But when someone switches weight classes the rankers are unsure if they should still be ranked in a weight class or not. So when only half the media rank that fighter and they rank them in the top 5, we’ll the others don’t rank the fighter in that weight class they end up with a ranking of something like 12th, which is far worse than not being ranked at all.

That's all obvious, no question. Cruz has earned it against Mizugaki, again to be high in the ranking. But with the ranking after 2 years of inactivity, I meant that e.g. Conor was listed as # 1 (before the fight with Khabib) even though he did not fight for 2 years. And even now, after losing to Khabib, he is still in nr 2 behind Tony. Is that the Cashcow bonus? He has only on W in the UFC lightweight division.
Something I question with the UFC rankings.

I at least made it competitive !!! Lmao stfu up with the moral victories Chris u still got ko’d In 4/5 of them

Sounds like something a therapist tells you do to overcome your insecurities. "hey post this on twitter and repeat after me..."

never been a fan but he was a very legit champ
had a hell of a win streak
i agree he was (at worst) even while standing with his opponents that eventually stopped him stopped him

weidman is awesome when he is pushing the pace but he seems to wilt under pressure and quits under adversity. Yoel was more imposing, jacare walked him down, rockhold got top position and crushed him, Moose outlanded him by a wide margin. If he can't dictate the pace and range of a fight, he seems to lose.

Back