Agree with Chris Weidman on this one?

Agreed, Mickey Gall is probably the most deluded guy in the UFC currently
<36>
Yeah i dont think its a very good look for New Jersey MMA (NJMMA) for have fighters like that .
I wonder if there is an internet forum poster as deluded as Mickey Gall from Jersey ? Do you have any idea?

Did he demand to have a title shot against the guy he defeated for the interim belt yet?

Chris this game is about winning. When you keep losing it is time to think about retirement. You can't keep saying "Well I was doing well, before I got knocked out" That is what Chuck used to say all the time.

He’s not wrong but it doesn’t change the fact that he’s 1-4 in his last 5 fights with all 4 losses coming via brutal stoppage.

While very good, I thought his greatness was a tad overstated. He had extremely fortunate timing and caught Anderson, Machida, and Vitor at the tail end of their careers when they were in decline.

The Chris has definitely fought a murderers row in his ufc career.

He takes no easy fights, and that’s respectable
He benefited from an old division . The top guys he fought were all on their way out. Machida, no trt Vitor, old unmotivated as.

Pretty hard to argue with him, but so fucking what?

positive message but I feel sorry for Chris
I think he still belives he is just a fight away from the title fight
If he could maintain his performance for a full five rounds or better yet finish before getting finished he is right. I imagine it's like playing golf. If I could take my best drive, best approach shot and best putt over a full round of 18 and do that on each hole I would be competitive. I can't even combine them on the same hole FFS.

Chris has all the tools to beat any MW on a given day but stringing them together hasn't been working.

Yeah.
Weidman vs Israel next (bc Kelvin is next in line)

Or I'd like to see Weidman move up to 205.

He turned into a bum lets face it... Let weidman go to 205 pounds hes got nothing for these middleweights anymore.

I agree. He was doing pretty good against the likes of Romero, Jacare and Rockhold. I don't remember the Mousasi fight all that much but I think he was doing alright in the first.

Sadly, he either got hit with the ol' right there Fred or got completely dismantled in the last couple of minutes in the fight.

Credit to him though, he's fought absolute killers for years.
Weidman fades. He is the best MW in round 1. Then he gasses.

And to refresh your memory.. round 1 Weidman landed a couple of takedowns but did nothing with them. Mousasi made him work from the bottom and went back to his feet.
In the second Mousasi stuffed his takedowns and outland him with ease. Weidman quit.

http://www.fightmetric.com/fight-details/87a969d51de6e179

Moose outlanded him 21-10 in the first and 28-3 (LOL) in the second.

He had by far the best performance against Weidman of all his opponents.

Weidman starts strong in all his fight but fades quickly and lose at the end. He's a great fighter but can't seem to find that win anymore. He fought the best of the best but maybe it's time for him to take some lighter competition to see where he's at.

Weidman starts strong in all his fight but fades quickly and lose at the end. He's a great fighter but can't seem to find that win anymore. He fought the best of the best but maybe it's time for him to take some lighter competition to see where he's at.
He did. He outclassed the guy and then choked him out in the 3rd.

Some fans only remember the last 10 seconds of the first round, and managed to forget the other 12 minutes.

Split rounds with all of his past 5 opponents except Jacare whom he tooled nearly the whole fight.

"bUt BuT bUt JaCaRe Is ElItE hE gEtS rObBeD oF tItLe ShOt"

Mean while Weidman was the second top win of his 15+ year career and had to pull it out of his ass rather than out skill his opponent. Mousasi is the other top win of his who I believe would beat Jacare a 3rd time around that was also like 5 years ago.

Weidman his hella underrated bc of his brutal losses to some of the best MWs to ever compete.
So Weidman is "hella" underrated because he's been finished in 4 of 5, but Jacare is overrated because he's lost to the current champion and has split decision losses to the previous and current title challenger? Got it...

And he didn't tool Jacare. They were 1-1 going into the 3rd, where Jacare, a grappler, finished Weidman with strikes.

So Weidman is "hella" underrated because he's been finished in 4 of 5, but Jacare is overrated because he's lost to the current champion and has split decision losses to the previous and current title challenger? Got it...

And he didn't tool Jacare. They were 1-1 going into the 3rd, where Jacare, a grappler, finished Weidman with strikes.
He certainly did not tool Jacare, but he was ahead 20-18 on two scorecards going into the 3rd. Source.

Chris doesn't win a whole lot of 2nd rounds. After Machida, he waited years before another (Gastelum). But 2 judges did give him this one too.

Back