Agree or Disagree? Jacare > Weidman for all time great @185 as of right now.

Lol, you are putting no weight on the belt. Fighters fight to be the best. Jacare never was. Chris was.

Really easy to see Weidman > Jacare
I do put weight on the belt. But it isn't the end all be all. It's circumstantial. If Jacare had gotten the same road as Chris he would have at least earned a titleshot as well.

And then Chris only defended the belt against 2 opponents. The Anderson Silva rematch should not have happened at least not as soon as it did.

We can pretend Chris was the best in the world but Rockhold, Gegard, Jacare, and Romero were ALWAYS out there.

Chris' time at the top was too short. He was fortunate to have gotten the opportunities he did.

I think with Weidman it's lack of defense on the feet. Used to have a chin, then took some terrible beatings, so he's getting 1-punched now with that front hand pawing he does. 3 disciplines and physicality overall he doesn't have a lot of weakness.

What is it with Jacare fanboys??
He's an average fighter,what champion material are you guys talking about?

Jacare definitely should've gotten the nod in the Romero and KG fights

Weidman's win over Machida was a solid win at the time (Machida looked great against Moose)

If you count the Romero and KG fights as wins than Jacare has the better claim to all time great but if you don't it's hard to argue. Both guys were arguable #1 MW's in the world at their peaks but Weidman's win over Silva and Machida trumps Jacare's wins over Moose, and Okami

It trumps Jacare's KO win over Weidman himself?

It trumps Jacare's KO win over Weidman himself?
Only 1 person took Silva's title. 4 men KO'd Weidman....
I think Jacare is better but it's a weird argument without counting those KG and Yoel fights as wins. Very subjective argument either way you go

Rockhold was Champ when the Strikeforce guys came over, so Jacare was at least behind him in the queue.

In terms of overall careers, Jacare may have the better wins over common opponents, but ending Anderson Silva's title reign is one of the best wins of all time.
I would say the best win by far.

Lol, you are putting no weight on the belt. Fighters fight to be the best. Jacare never was. Chris was.

Really easy to see Weidman > Jacare
None of that matters. He never won the title. He never even fought for the title. He lost the title eliminator fights against Whittaker and Gastelum. Weidman fought his way to the top, won the title against Anderson Silva and defended it twice. Whenever Jacare fought the top dogs he lost. When it comes to someone's legacy you can argue what carries more weight but it's undeniable that Weidman is way way above Jacare.
Only 1 person took Silva's title. 4 men KO'd Weidman....
I think Jacare is better but it's a weird argument without counting those KG and Yoel fights as wins. Very subjective argument either way you go
So your opinion are so inffluenced about whether if UFC considered a smart business decissiom to give Jacare his deserved opportunity, or feed him Carmont/Camozzi and give the tittle shot to Bisping/Henderson instead, which was more profitable for them?

I mean, you guys have eyes and brain, you can try to look further

You also bought Nate Quarry was a better contender than Matt Lindland back in the day? or Dan Henderson was the best contender available in 2016?

Weidman and especially Jacare have fought long time enough, and several common opponents, for us to judge who was the better fighter regardles of UFC bussiness moves about title opportunities. Not to mention they fought each other and Jacare got a badass KO on Weidman

Last edited:
First of all, Jacare is well older than Weidman and has been fighting longer.
He lost a VERY close fight to Luke. Weidman got destroyed by a staff infected Luke.

Weidman got destroyed by Yoel. Jacare was arguably robbed in that fight. Yoel had to grab the fence multiple times.

Nothing was controversial about Weidman's loss to Mousasi. He fuccin quit. Jacare wrecked Moose.

Gastelum is a good win for Weidman. But then Jacare knocked Weidman out so...
But Weidman won twice vs Anderson > Jacare carrer

Weidman dethroned which is huge, but jacare beat the Chris. I’d say they are about even. Jacare is more of a hardcore fans fighter. He’s more complete with a better chin. The Chris just peaked quicker.

Fair enough. I will just note that Weidman did rough him up on the ground in Rd 1 and it was after that when the taunting and baiting began
Fair enough- close round overall ( more importantly- chris was not biting on anything that would lead to him getting clocked)and it did lead to what I read as frustration on Anderson's part in the form of challenging him across cage to come and bang.

Last edited:
Look closely at their careers. Weidman's claim to fame is dethroning Silva and being UFC MW champ for a bit. Jacare has a better resume overall and has been competing for longer. He just never got the same opportunities as Weidman when it comes to the UFC, because he doesn't look or talk like Weidman.
I didn't know Weidman was a talking needle mover. That's news to me

giphy.gif

ATG reaction gif

Other than Anderson, Machida, Belfort and Gastelum unfortunately Weidman's resume sucks concerning wins.

Other than Anderson, Machida, Belfort and Gastelum unfortunately Weidman's resume sucks concerning wins.
The Chris has more top 5 MW victories than every fighter in MW history not named Anderson Silva. Some of you guys are clueless lol

The Chris has more top 5 MW victories than every fighter in MW history not named Anderson Silva. Some of you guys are clueless lol

I was gonna throw in Uriah Hall but that was in the regionals but that's basically a dumb statistic if he beat all those guys he's lost to since Rockhold creamed him he'd be undeniably the best

Back