Aggression while sparring/fighting

Seek proffesional help , go see a psychologist and a psychiatryst . Consult your life , and see what you might be doing wrong in it .

No offense , but its guys like you that are likely to go "pop" one day and do something they would never do consciously .

I would not say you are necessarily agressive , but you are rather - emotionless - in certain situations . For example , when you are drunk / stoned , do you do agressive stuff ? Do you throw your friends around or something ? I think its less likely , but then again I dont know you well and cant judge it . If you do agressive stuff when drunk , then its a problem with agressivity , but I dont think it is - you dont seem to be the "agressive" guy , are you often anxious ? Have problems in school ? Bad behaviour ? Unpatient ? Are you more one of those above , than most people ?

My opinion - avoid the snap , but eventually one day you will not be able to avoid it . You need to learn how to go with it , keep your emotions , your state in the rage will be better , if your normal life will become nicer aswell , so that should be your goal right now .
Like I said though , from your description you dont seem to be the typical agressive guy , agressive guy , or the way I imagine him is a screaming guy , who has fear , but is brave , who has emotions of " Im gonna fucking kill you " , a person with passion who doesnt have control . You just look like you seem to loose your emotions sometimes .

But then again , you cant really solve this problem ... a little , you cant just be like ok Ill do this and that to avoid it . It can only be helped if you really spend lots of time on it and take it serious , but its not that serious for you to be taken that serious is it?

All I wrote is my opinion and Im not sure about it as Im not a psychologist or something , but the one thing Im sure about is that you should definitely seek some proffesional help , and try to be more wellbalanced .

Hope I help and sorry for the gramatical mistakes , as I always say english is not my first languge .

I dont have any anger issues in life so to speak. I am not a sweet guy, but I dont get mad when I get drunk, I love my wife and kids and treat them well and I dont go looking for fights. All the crap that caused this issus has been out of my life for a long time.

And yes at times I am emotionless

Man when sparring you need to use great self control.. I spar with guy that bench like 500lbs if he hits you out of control he will knock your head off...and sometimes you get hit hard and if you lose control you or someone else gets hurt and sparring should be a learninig exp.

I know what you mean about a snapping point. My most recent street fight, a cop pulled me off the guy. I have no idea what i would have done to the guy if the cop wasn't there. This prick started it all. TO me know , this is my survival killer instinct

But i haven't come anywhere near that in sparring or fighting in the ring

I am aggressive but in complete control

I think you should become a superhero and use your super-rage to defeat villains.

TS:

the-hulk-superhero-400a062507.jpg

Seriously man, deal with your rage somewhere else than the gym. See a shrink and do some meditation, serenity now! 2 cents

To clarify some things.
Life has thrown some tough shit my way and I learned to be tougher than the shit. As a recourse I learned somethings about what "evil" lies well hidden beneath the skin. I am not proud of it but I know it is there and honestly dont want to go there.

Is life still throwing shit at you?

If its not, then your response pattern is obsolete and you need to develop new ones.

But maybe you hang on to your past cause you think thats who you are?

If your serious about changing yourself you can do so. Start reading up on NLP or listen to some audio.

And find someone to kick your ass in the gym:icon_chee

Life has thrown some tough shit my way and I learned to be tougher than the shit. As a recourse I learned somethings about what "evil" lies well hidden beneath the skin. I am not proud of it but I know it is there and honestly dont want to go there.

That's fine, everybody has that shit to varying degrees. The energy you're talking about is perfectly fine to use while fighting or sparring. But if you can't control it at all, then forget about it. Sparring and training are about becoming a better fighter, not just about letting out all of your boo-hoos and emotional refuse. But that stuff's not exactly against the rules, either.

There are limits to the human constitution, no matter how angry one gets. If you get hurt or hurt someone else during sparring, then you can't fight at 100% That doesn't do anything except get you or someone else even MORE pissed off. And remember this: If you're 100% caught up in your emotions and fight "blind," you're more than likely gonna be "blind," deaf, and dumb at the end, A.K.A. KTFO, by someone who is a little cooler under pressure.

Get some better, older sparring partners who aren't afraid of an angry kid. Getting rocked does WONDERS for overaggressive fighters, I can tell you this firsthand.

Is life still throwing shit at you?

If its not, then your response pattern is obsolete and you need to develop new ones.

But maybe you hang on to your past cause you think thats who you are?

If your serious about changing yourself you can do so. Start reading up on NLP or listen to some audio.

And find someone to kick your ass in the gym:icon_chee

NLP as in Neuro-linguistic programming?? Looks interesting.

No, I'm not fucked up. You just need a good old fashioned ass whooping to get that aggression in check. You are the type of individual that makes sparring a waste of time, and dangerous. You can control it, you just don't want to.

I guess you only read the first post.

Get some better, older sparring partners who aren't afraid of an angry kid. Getting rocked does WONDERS for overaggressive fighters, I can tell you this firsthand.

I think that may be the best way to go. Only thing is I'll need to find sparring partners who arent afraid of an angry old man instead of a kid.

I sparred for the first time yesterday, and Im not going to lie i was getting really mad but i kept it under check but it just sucked cause it was my first time and i wasnt going full speed and my partner was and i wasnt ready for it, but i guess you just have to get use to it and keep you anger under control and it just fuels you to want to land a good punch and then the anger is on him

I sparred for the first time yesterday, and Im not going to lie i was getting really mad but i kept it under check but it just sucked cause it was my first time and i wasnt going full speed and my partner was and i wasnt ready for it, but i guess you just have to get use to it and keep you anger under control and it just fuels you to want to land a good punch and then the anger is on him

General rule bro. If they say, "Let's go easy." They will attempt to kill you. If they say let's work, that's usually what they mean, they just want to work on certain techniques and whatnot. That's cool of you, but whenever the other guy "Oops" you "oops" right back.

I'm always the nice guy when I spar, but when people take advantage they are liable to get knocked out. That's mostly why I only spar with people I can trust to let me work, and that won't get carried away.

General rule bro. If they say, "Let's go easy." They will attempt to kill you. If they say let's work, that's usually what they mean, they just want to work on certain techniques and whatnot. That's cool of you, but whenever the other guy "Oops" you "oops" right back.

I'm always the nice guy when I spar, but when people take advantage they are liable to get knocked out. That's mostly why I only spar with people I can trust to let me work, and that won't get carried away.

I appreciate the 'oops' bit, I used to spar with my best friend alot and he gives everything 100% and I hold back but we had a few too many 'oops' and put him on his ass and gave him the look...

First off, make sure you're not confusing the "zone" with losing control. Anyone who's fought seriously knows this place of mental peace. Pain being reduced, faster responses, etc. Basically an adrenaline dump. As long as you can keep you head in such a situation, you'll be fine. How? Practice, Practice, Practice, Practice, Practice, Practice, Practice, and more Practice.

As long as you stay out of control of your actions, you'll never be at your best. I'm sure you know this, but I have a reason for bringing it up.

Your no mind/blank mindset seems more survival based and not retaliatory. That said, the auto-pilot reaction is a great way to get stomped and put out even faster than keeping your cool and being in control of the situation. A human's natural weapon is his mind. Going on auto in a situation like this is akin to fighting with a stick in a fire fight.

This "nobody can hurt me", "I don't feel pain", "eliminate the enemy" talk makes me wonder if you've ever been humbled. I mean put in positions where no matter what you did, you were outclassed. When this happens, you'll realize your best bet isn't going feral, but doing the exact opposite and controlling the situation.

Also, realize what your doing at the moment. You're not in a survival situation. Street-fighting requires a completely different mindset. MMA != Street-fighting. You should be either sparring or competing. Not trying to off someone. That said, there is no need for such a reaction at anytime. If your getting tooled, either suck it up or walk away and train with someone else who's willing to train, instead of stroking their ego.

Personally, I think aggression is over-rated. I perform better calm and collected, not "angry" like my old football coaches used to spew. I know when to take care of business and when to avoid stupid situations.

Hope this helps.

Wow, well said... But I think dude was kinda bullshiting... I mean what is with the melodrama - I attack my enemy with reckless fury, I destroy him, demons well up in my soul... It's like get the ...nuf... outta here.

Oh yeah, I have lost my temper a couple of times in jits and sparring... but only against people better than me... and upon recieving my ass wooping, I asked questions about my mistakes. Maybe you should go demonic against the best in your gym. I am sure they can handle it.

You should fight better guys....if they see ur goning insane you will get KOed...

Back