Aggression while sparring/fighting

Discussion in 'Standup Technique' started by svoss03, May 3, 2008.

1. svoss03 Guest

Since I don

2. knoxthai23 White Belt

why do you have to give us whitebelts a bad rep

3. svoss03 Guest

So I guess you are saying I should go see a shrink.

4. Rinksterk** Banned Banned

Spar a seasoned pro. You crack them, they'll crack your head open. Good experience

5. svoss03 Guest

Id rather get cracked in the head by a seasoned pro and learn a thing or two than to spar with a haymaker. I enjoy taking a few hits.

6. knoxthai23 White Belt

im just saying if you go apeshit on a guy there is repercussions. you have to control your emotions and not let them control you. i dont know if you should go see a shrink, but i think that if you want to go hard then you should tell your partner not just start going harder based on how hard you feel you are getting hit. Discuss it beforehand id say and then go from there. THat way if you do get popped you wont get angry because you agreed to go that hard same with your partner.

7. aries Gold Belt

Yeah I agree just spar with people much better than you. It'll change your perspective on things! You'll either learn to reach a good level of control and not lose your head or get beat up with regularity. Eventually you'll have to retire from injuries or change your approach. Aggression is good, controlled aggression is better.

8. Marvin Covar Amateur Fighter

Controlled rage, brother. You gotta bottle that shit up and let it explode at very precise moments. Until the time is right, you keep it under check.

9. fightingrabbit Banned Banned

lol. hate motherfuckers like you in sparring. always taking everything up the ass.

10. svoss03 Guest

LOL.

I guess I didn't explain it right. I am a very good sparring partner be it against people that could wipe the mat with my face or a brand new student. We always agree on the terms before hand and don

11. LiT_WiCK Brown Belt

12. T.J.T Green Belt

Arent you kinda going agsint what you just said with those 2 statments.

If someone else is going harder tell him or i usualy throw something that doesnt hurt the person but gets there attention, like a solid body shot or jab just to stright them up. If your getting to the breaking point you need to control your emotions better or stop sparing, the last thing you want to do is raging in class. But i still dont understand if your getting mad becuase your frustrated or the people your sparing are going to hard because they are mad.

I honestly dont quite understand what your saying though :s

13. LiT_WiCK Brown Belt

14. xbourquex White Belt

15. svoss03 Guest

Thanks for the help!

16. svoss03 Guest

Rather than allowing myself to get to the breaking point, I back off. Thats what I did the other day and thats what got me to thinking about learning to control my agression at a higher level. I want to make sure that I dont loose my cool while at the same time stepping up my game.

In my first and only cage match, I lost composure, I snapped. I did not recall much of the fight. It was after that when I realized that I need to learn to control the agression that got me through that fight. This recent event reminded me of that fact.

17. svoss03 Guest

Thats what I'd like to learn how to do.

18. svoss03 Guest

No, I did not realize every one is acquanted with that level of rage. Damn I must run with a bunch of pussies.

19. svoss03 Guest

That is precisely what my last sparring partner does and why I backed off. If I step it up, so will he and I dont want to snap on the guy and have it become an all out brawl.

20. bigjd Green Belt