AGENTS OF SHIELD 6.0 (Finale Season)

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
AGENTS OF SHIELD Gets a Very Early Season 7 Renewal at ABC

c0GfaAv.jpg

The Walt Disney Co. sure loves Marvel. Despite bubble ratings for Agents of SHIELD's most recent run, and many months to go before its abbreviated sixth season, ABC has given an early greenlight to a seventh season.

To say the timing of this announcement comes as a bit of a surprise would not do it justice. The show, which had reduced licensing fees to secure its fifth-season pickup at the Disney-owned net, is hardly a top performer for the channel. But, as the first Marvel TV foray, it’s proving to be the most enduring. The latest renewal, one that will keep it on the air through at least 2020, comes as Netflix’s Marvel slate is being condensed and Big Disney plots more aggressive Marvel serials for its upcoming streaming platform — Disney+.

Agents of SHIELD, co-created by Joss and Jed Whedon, and Maurissa
Tancharoen, moved to Friday during its previous run. With live-plus-seven-day Nielsen lifts, it averaged just a 1.2 rating among adults 18-49, shy of 4 million viewers. Still, it remains an international draw and the fact that it’s produced by corporate siblings ABC Studios and Marvel Television has always worked in its favor.

Marvel TV’s current roster includes a lot of Netflix properties whose futures are still up in the air — Daredevil, Jessica Jones, The Punisher and The Defenders — as well as Hulu’s Runaways, Freeform's Cloak and Dagger, FX's Legion and Fox's The Gifted. The big future for the TV arm of the most powerful brand in box office seems to be on Disney+. (A series starring Tom Hiddleston as comedic Thorfoil Loki has already been confirmed.)

Agents of SHIELD stars Ming-Na Wen, Chloe Bennet, Iain De Caestecker, Elizabeth Henstridge, Henry Simmons, Natalia Cordova-Buckley and Jeff Ward. News of the renewal notably did not include mention of longtime star Clark Gregg, whose character's fate was left in limbo in the most recent finale.

It is the first series that ABC has officially tapped for the 2019-20 TV season. Like season six, the order is for 13 episodes. There's also no news on whether that will be the final bow for the drama.

PY8jLcZ.jpg

'Agents of SHIELD' Gets a Very Early Season 7 Renewal at ABC

This is wonderful news and I can't like it enough.

Nice, want to see what they do with the snap.
Also if there is a time skip for avengers 4 I wonder where this fits.

Also this is almost as good news as that Chloe is no longer with Logan Paul.

AGENTS OF SHIELD Gets a Very Early Season 7 Renewal at ABC

c0GfaAv.jpg

The Walt Disney Co. sure loves Marvel. Despite bubble ratings for Agents of SHIELD's most recent run, and many months to go before its abbreviated sixth season, ABC has given an early greenlight to a seventh season.

To say the timing of this announcement comes as a bit of a surprise would not do it justice. The show, which had reduced licensing fees to secure its fifth-season pickup at the Disney-owned net, is hardly a top performer for the channel. But, as the first Marvel TV foray, it’s proving to be the most enduring. The latest renewal, one that will keep it on the air through at least 2020, comes as Netflix’s Marvel slate is being condensed and Big Disney plots more aggressive Marvel serials for its upcoming streaming platform — Disney+.

Agents of SHIELD, co-created by Joss and Jed Whedon, and Maurissa
Tancharoen, moved to Friday during its previous run. With live-plus-seven-day Nielsen lifts, it averaged just a 1.2 rating among adults 18-49, shy of 4 million viewers. Still, it remains an international draw and the fact that it’s produced by corporate siblings ABC Studios and Marvel Television has always worked in its favor.

Marvel TV’s current roster includes a lot of Netflix properties whose futures are still up in the air — Daredevil, Jessica Jones, The Punisher and The Defenders — as well as Hulu’s Runaways, Freeform's Cloak and Dagger, FX's Legion and Fox's The Gifted. The big future for the TV arm of the most powerful brand in box office seems to be on Disney+. (A series starring Tom Hiddleston as comedic Thorfoil Loki has already been confirmed.)

Agents of SHIELD stars Ming-Na Wen, Chloe Bennet, Iain De Caestecker, Elizabeth Henstridge, Henry Simmons, Natalia Cordova-Buckley and Jeff Ward. News of the renewal notably did not include mention of longtime star Clark Gregg, whose character's fate was left in limbo in the most recent finale.

It is the first series that ABC has officially tapped for the 2019-20 TV season. Like season six, the order is for 13 episodes. There's also no news on whether that will be the final bow for the drama.

'Agents of SHIELD' Gets a Very Early Season 7 Renewal at ABC

giphy.gif

glad to see they are still using this as vehicle to bridge certain gaps in the mcu

Halfway through this show, and definitely the top TV series in the MCU (though, I do wish it connected and filled the holes in the MCU better).

Nice. Underrated despite Feige not really caring for the TV properties.

I think this is direct fruit of Feige allowing Coulson back in to the MCU and the interplay that might generate for the new Disney+ service.

AoS might not have great ratings but it has a pretty hard core viewership who would likely subscribe to DIsney+ if they give it a season on there.

I think this is direct fruit of Feige allowing Coulson back in to the MCU and the interplay that might generate for the new Disney+ service.

AoS might not have great ratings but it has a pretty hard core viewership who would likely subscribe to DIsney+ if they give it a season on there.

Yep. I'll probably be subscribing anyway.

Good for them after a few season I decided to drop it.. it has some ups but definitely some downs and I was more or less done mid point of that Ghost Raider season.

I love AOS. I powered through the first season with a broken leg, so I had the time to give it time. I found it pretty weak, if not awful a times. Chloe helped...
tenor.gif

tenor.gif

Thankfully it got so much better. Season 5 (last) was its best yet. I loved the Sinara character (badass theme) and the whole future timeline. More Ghost Rider too please!

Kasius is a great character too, very Roman-esque. Love that Jemma, fine, fine piece

Last edited:
I'm just popping back in to say that Fitz is the real MVP.

Back