Opinion ageism and politics.

Hah, good luck with that.

Sanders is as real as it gets in DC. Are you Bernie or Bust? @xcvbn said he's campaigning for Trump if Bernie doesn't get - or is fucked out of - the nomination, something like that. I'm pretty sure @VivaRevolution is in the same boat, particularly considering gender politics make him want to become a white nationalist and he's been all over these sort of alternative right wing news sources lately, supporting the wall, etc.

{<jordan}

For Democrats I am more than likely Bernie or bust. I say that, but I made a real effort to try and rationalize support for Clinton. I was just about to get on board, when she thumbed her nose at economic progressives, and picked Tim Kaine.

I can even swallow a certain amount of pandering. Pandering to a room is as old as politics. I get more upset when they pander through the media, and through actual policy. It is wrong headed, and self defeating.

If not Bernie, I won't support Trump. It will be 3rd party for me again.

Edit: I would fall in line for a warren/Bernie ticket as well.

Coa0__IWAAAI_pi

Personally I don't like how the Democrats and the left hype up "dah youth!" but maybe you guys have a point, maybe some of these other cunts are a bit too old to be running things.

Superpredators: no conscience, no empathy.

Sanders is as real as it gets in DC. Are you Bernie or Bust? @xcvbn said he's campaigning for Trump if Bernie doesn't get - or is fucked out of - the nomination, something like that. I'm pretty sure @VivaRevolution is in the same boat, particularly considering gender politics make him want to become a white nationalist and he's been all over these sort of alternative right wing news sources lately, supporting the wall, etc.
If the DNC does what they did last time out: refused debates, gave Clinton questions ahead of debates, were in constant contact with several networks which likely resulted in the Bernie media blackout, and just in general fully promote someone else over Sanders with words that openly mock him and his supporters- shit like that and they can get fucked I will 100% buy my MAGA hat. I'll even write my username on that bitch and take a pic with the forums as the backdrop.

And while I'm 90% convinced they will rig the primaries against Bernie again(or any true progressive with massive support), there's a chance he loses legitimately. I can see that scenario because despite my support of him he's not a perfect candidate and does have weaknesses that other candidates can exploit in their favor.

If the DNC does what they did last time out: refused debates, gave Clinton questions ahead of debates, were in constant contact with several networks which likely resulted in the Bernie media blackout, and just in general fully promote someone else over Sanders with words that openly mock him and his supporters- shit like that and they can get fucked I will 100% buy my MAGA hat. I'll even write my username on that bitch and take a pic with the forums as the backdrop.

And while I'm 90% convinced they will rig the primaries against Bernie again(or any true progressive with massive support), there's a chance he loses legitimately. I can see that scenario because despite my support of him he's not a perfect candidate and does have weaknesses that other candidates can exploit in their favor.
@Jack V Savage

<Rodgers1>

I don't think age is the issue as much as ideology. For instance I'd take solid Silent generation Bernie Sanders over a Gen X psychopath like Tim Cotton any day. I'm actually more concerned with young extremists since they'll be around a lot longer.

{<jordan}

Sanders has WAY more political clout and approval of the people than you will even hear news outlets say honestly.

No Bernie of bust for me though. Gotta get the dangerous idiot out one way or another. Expect a war in the primaries from me though because there are no better candidates out there than Bernie.

For Democrats I am more than likely Bernie or bust. I say that, but I made a real effort to try and rationalize support for Clinton. I was just about to get on board, when she thumbed her nose at economic progressives, and picked Tim Kaine.

I can even swallow a certain amount of pandering. Pandering to a room is as old as politics. I get more upset when they pander through the media, and through actual policy. It is wrong headed, and self defeating.

Yeah, the DNC showered themselves in glory. That entire debacle made me disengage from the Democrats if not domestic politics on the whole. I'd still care about international affairs and industrial high tech to the same degree I do and discuss it here, but there would be a lot more activity on the home front. The agenda items are economic inequality and health care, everything else pales in comparison.

It does remind me and always makes me chuckle when posters on here flip out over the "leftist media". They actually couldn't give a fuck less about the 'issues' or any of the bit players involved with the shit they run: whether that's white privilege, immigrant family separation at the border, black men getting shot dead by police or male trannies in women's restrooms. Please. It just sells.

Do most US media corps and outlets lean left? Sure, but it's wholly secondary to the tacit promotion of neoliberalism (and interventionist foreign policy), that was never more telling than during the 2016 primaries when the dyed in the wool, full blown corporatist got absolute backing over an actual 'leftist' candidate. Who can forget the laughable post-debate coverage of Hilldog and Bernie on the major networks, how they framed them and how dishonest it was.

Sanders has WAY more political clout and approval of the people than you will even hear news outlets say honestly.

No Bernie of bust for me though. Gotta get the dangerous idiot out one way or another. Expect a war in the primaries from me though because there are no better candidates out there than Bernie.

I'd need some additional convincing to participate politically if he doesn't get the nomination. It's foul and I should already have more than enough reason, but that's how it is. There's still a lot of time between now and then though.

I'm sure older folks can govern just fine for the most part, but the world is changing, and it's a little scary at how little they know about technology.

"Uhhh, Mr. Zuckerberg....uhhhmmm.....h-how do you make any money with a free service like Facebook?"

^^^

Real question asked at Senate hearing, by 1000 year old Senator.

Personally I don't like how the Democrats and the left hype up "dah youth!" but maybe you guys have a point, maybe some of these other cunts are a bit too old to be running things.
Not a new subject, that's for sure. I'm reminded of this,
"In 1986, when Ronald Reagan turned 75, "Saturday Night Live" Weekend Update anchor Dennis Miller had a bit of fun at the expense of the President, who was elected at age 69.

"I'd like to say a belated happy birthday to the President, who turns 7 ... 75? Seventy-five, is that right? Seventy-five, and he has access to the (nuclear football)?" the comedian quipped. "You know, my grandfather is 75. We don't let him use the remote control for the TV set!""

However,
How old is too old to be president?
"Age is just a number
"Age is important politically, but it might not be the right way to think," said CNN contributor Julian Zelizer. "A young person can be ill. An older person can be sharp and totally on top of it."
Instead, a candidate's age can be the symbol for voters' desire for a fresher (younger) voice or a wiser (older) leader.
"Age comes into play consciously or subconsciously," said Zelizer, a professor of history and public affairs at Princeton University. "Obama benefited from this desire for something new. (Voters think) if you're young, you won't be stuck in 'older' issues, debates or fights -- that you'll move beyond the status quo. It's not always correct, but it's the perception.""

Age is the only reason I wouldn't support a Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign. He'd be 80 when he takes office!

I don't give a damn how youthful your mind is, presidency takes a lot of stress and a lot of energy and everyone has limits. A person in his early 80s just can't be as sharp as needed.

Yeah, the DNC showered themselves in glory. That entire debacle made me disengage from the Democrats if not domestic politics on the whole. I'd still care about international affairs and industrial high tech to the same degree I do and discuss it here, but there would be a lot more activity on the home front. The agenda items are economic inequality and health care, everything else pales in comparison.

It does remind me and always makes me chuckle when posters on here flip out over the "leftist media". They actually couldn't give a fuck less about the 'issues' or any of the bit players involved with the shit they run: whether that's white privilege, immigrant family separation at the border, black men getting shot dead by police or male trannies in women's restrooms. Please. It just sells.

Do most US media corps and outlets lean left? Sure, but it's wholly secondary to the tacit promotion of neoliberalism (and interventionist foreign policy), that was never more telling than during the 2016 primaries when the dyed in the wool, full blown corporatist got absolute backing over an actual 'leftist' candidate. Who can forget the laughable post-debate coverage of Hilldog and Bernie on the major networks, how they framed them and how dishonest it was.

I'd need some additional convincing to participate politically if he doesn't get the nomination. It's foul and I should already have more than enough reason, but that's how it is. There's still a lot of time between now and then though.

Yeah, I am struck by watching Bernie get attacked by fox news and NYT, for what other people have done.

It's kind of hilarious honestly. Bernie is so clean they have to attack those around him.

it's a dilemma
people live longer now, and expect the candidate to have some if not mad experience

it's a fine line between seasoned vet and over the hill. Depending on how he does here, it's why I expect Newsome to run for President soon

Now SC Justices for life is way beyond ridiculous IMO

I prefer politicians to be old and boring. I'm getting tired of these politicians who want to be celebrities. Serve the people and shut your mouth.

Agreed.

I mean the bought MSM constantly lies about Trump, but what is he really getting out of this non-stop attack on him and his family? Not a whole heck of a lot at his age. I'm not saying he's perfect by any means, but anyone who watched his live meeting today at the border with officials from ICE, the state and other shows IMO his finger is directly on the pulse of those who truly do know what's going on and what matters to the US. IMO he's doing what he's doing for the good of the country.

Cortez is trying to make herself into something great. The youth are filled with self-seeking scam-artists. Most of the time they don't even know it.

Bernie isn't a democrat.

Back