I'm 38 and I've never let anyone dictate my feelings on if I should be fighting or not. As with the other 'older' gentlemen here, I am too a competent hobbyist. I constantly get remarks in the gym that I should really think about competing, but I am happy just training 6 times a week and sparring with the young bucks.

Bottom line is, you can accomplish almost anything you put your mind to, regardless of your age...if competing is a goal you have, then be focused in your pursuit and go for it. Good luck.

I'm 38 and I've never let anyone dictate my feelings on if I should be fighting or not. As with the other 'older' gentlemen here, I am too a competent hobbyist. I constantly get remarks in the gym that I should really think about competing, but I am happy just training 6 times a week and sparring with the young bucks.

Bottom line is, you can accomplish almost anything you put your mind to, regardless of your age...if competing is a goal you have, then be focused in your pursuit and go for it. Good luck.

I am going to do it. I know I can as I want it bad enough. Plus if anything I can get a damn good shape and be healthy!!

I like the avatar. You play much poker?

Tony

Cut the yellow, bold, and oversized font. Everyone here can read, and I liken that type of font to screaming.

your training means nothing!

will is everything!

the will to act . . .

If a guy wanted to fight, at the age of 33, like myself do you guys think I am too old to train and fight. I know I am not going to go to the top (no smartass comments needed) but I want to do it. I want to have the feeling of being in the cage and trying this. I can fight but it is a different world in MMA and I know that. I want to train and do it.

Do you guys think I am too old or can I do it and be successful at it with in reason?

Tony

u can do it bro im 23 i wrestl 3 years in high school i had my first fight in january i wasnt in the best shape and im still not in the nest shape but i won and now im 2-o next fight this weekened

Back