International AG Bill Barr : China "engaged in a full-court blitzkrieg" against the U.S. Our biggest threat

Yep. This is like 1950s Bulgarian technology.
If the west doesn't give it to them or let it get stolen China has nothing.
Japan has accused China of stealing their Shinkansen technology. I have seen articles where China is accused of stealing Japanese and Western European high speed rail technologu.

China is claiming their bullet train technology was stolen. The chutzpah is staggering.
https://www.scmp.com/news/china/eco...let-train-technology-was-stolen-days-after-us

I believe the Turkic people came before the Mongols and they took power because middle easterners had that terrible idea of relying on military slaves or otherwise foreigners.
Saladin's army, for example, was composed mostly of Turks.
That stuff goes back to Carthage and their mercenary armies. It seems that the Middle East hydraulic empires had a very urbane, very peaceful (domesticated) civil society. With the exception of the Bedouins. Europe, in contrast, had a large rural population that acted as cannon fodder.
It makes sense you do not want to arm people living in crowded cities.

FWIW, many scholars of China believe the Qing Manchus were one of the reasons China trailed behind the West. These nomads didn't care as much about science and technology as the Han Chinese. Being nomads and few in numbers they also didn't care too much about arming a powerful infantry composed mostly of Hans. They preferred to keep an elite of cavalry that could travel fast and quash rebellions. That obviously didn't work when Europeans and later on the Japanese attacked them with modern weaponry.
I kinda disagree. The early Qing wasn't bad at all. They had decent early emporers. The first three were good. After that rot and bureaucracy set in. Then they got insular which is an East Asian trait.
Think the worst part was their Matsui from the Takada dojo like ability to take massive punishment, offer no offense and still be there.
The taipang rebellion or whatever it was was basically wwii inside of China, death toll wise. Yet the Qing still staggered on for 60 more years. Them hanging around and being u able to do anything and not respond effectively after 1750 or so doomed China. Then the whole warlord era didn't help, followed by wwii and commies

Japan has accused China of stealing their Shinkansen technology. I have seen articles where China is accused of stealing Japanese and Western European high speed rail technologu.

China is claiming their bullet train technology was stolen. The chutzpah is staggering.
https://www.scmp.com/news/china/eco...let-train-technology-was-stolen-days-after-us
They are like north Korea. They just lie and are crazy like a fox about it. The Japanese ajese clearly stole high speed rail from Confusion ideals. So China rediscovered it and started using it again. It's no big deal

They are like north Korea. They just lie and are crazy like a fox about it. The Japanese ajese clearly stole high speed rail from Confusion ideals. So China rediscovered it and started using it again. It's no big deal
Chinese strategy goes like this:
- Deny everything
- Play the victim
- Accuse others of what you did.

But the mongols used cheat codes. They got involved in a land war in Asia and won. Invaded Russia in the winter and won. Guys definitely had game genies hooked up to their horses.
^ Post of the month so far

{<jordan}

I believe the Turkic people came before the Mongols and they took power because middle easterners had that terrible idea of relying on military slaves or otherwise foreigners.
Saladin's army, for example, was composed mostly of Turks.
That stuff goes back to Carthage and their mercenary armies. It seems that the Middle East hydraulic empires had a very urbane, very peaceful (domesticated) civil society. With the exception of the Bedouins. Europe, in contrast, had a large rural population that acted as cannon fodder.
It makes sense you do not want to arm people living in crowded cities.
Yes that is true, Saladin's army ended up overthrowing his dynasty and creating the Mamluk sultanate which is a quintessential example of the kind of Turkic ruling class I was talking about and they do predate the Mongol conquests. But consider that after the Mongol conquests many Turkic tribes from the East were driven Westward and their descendants founded the empires that dominated the Muslim world til the era of colonialism; Ottomans were a Turkic tribe that were actually around during the Mongol conquests and the Mughal Empire was founded by a descendant of Ghengis and Tamerlane. Even the Safavid Empire was established on the basis of the strength of an Uzbek tribal confederation
FWIW, many scholars of China believe the Qing Manchus were one of the reasons China trailed behind the West. These nomads didn't care as much about science and technology as the Han Chinese. Being nomads and few in numbers they also didn't care too much about arming a powerful infantry composed mostly of Hans. They preferred to keep an elite of cavalry that could travel fast and quash rebellions. That obviously didn't work when Europeans and later on the Japanese attacked them with modern weaponry.
Could be true but I also think that nationalist historians are very prone to blaming the problems of their nations on the precursor empires and states that ruled them. You see that with the Arab nationalist historians of the early and mid 20th century but in the end their nationalist projects have mostly been failures and I'd bet the Middle East would've been far better off as a confederation under continued Ottoman control instead of fractured into a dozen fragile, artificial states.

Yes that is true, Saladin's army ended up overthrowing his dynasty and creating the Mamluk sultanate which is a quintessential example of the kind of Turkic ruling class I was talking about and they do predate the Mongol conquests. But consider that after the Mongol conquests many Turkic tribes from the East were driven Westward and their descendants founded the empires that dominated the Muslim world til the era of colonialism; Ottomans were a Turkic tribe that were actually around during the Mongol conquests and the Mughal Empire was founded by a descendant of Ghengis and Tamerlane. Even the Safavid Empire was established on the basis of the strength of an Uzbek tribal confederation

Could be true but I also think that nationalist historians are very prone to blaming the problems of their nations on the precursor empires and states that ruled them. You see that with the Arab nationalist historians of the early and mid 20th century but in the end their nationalist projects have mostly been failures and I'd bet the Middle East would've been far better off as a confederation under continued Ottoman control instead of fractured into a dozen fragile, artificial states.

Ooh, you got the baby blue.

Ooh, you got the baby blue.
First step in my master plan.

Next step? Crashing this forum, with no survivors!
6315363-4446429413-76630.gif

Yeah they make stuff, but most isn't made by a Chinese company. Save for volvo they don't export any real cars. They don't export any real construction equipment thays still the US, Japan, Sweden and Korea.
Besides tik to and that stuff, there aren't any Chinese brands that anyone outside if China would know. Alibaba is an exception though

They have stolen Caterpillar's technology. Some years back I read on a construction forum that Caterpillar built a manufacturing plant in China and shortly afterwards a Chinese company started to make Cat knockoffs, but they were nowhere near as reliable as Cat. Cat is still king of construction equipment with Komatsu coming in at #2.

They have stolen Caterpillar's technology. Some years back I read on a construction forum that Caterpillar built a manufacturing plant in China and shortly afterwards a Chinese company started to make Cat knockoffs, but they were nowhere near as reliable as Cat. Cat is still king of construction equipment with Komatsu coming in at #2.
And. It just that, they bought a coal excavator company for 700million and wrote off 86% of it, due to accounting fraud. Can't trust them.
Luckin coffee also discovered it's CGO was cooking the books as well.

And. It just that, they bought a coal excavator company for 700million and wrote off 86% of it, due to accounting fraud. Can't trust them.
Luckin coffee also discovered it's CGO was cooking the books as well.

I remember AMSC (American Superconductor) launching a joint venture with Sinovel in China. It ended up getting the source code for its wind turbine control software stolen and damn near went completely under; stock price more than halved and lost a billion dollars in shareholder equity in an instant. Nice.

I remember AMSC (American Superconductor) launching a joint venture with Sinovel in China. It ended up getting the source code for its wind turbine control software stolen and damn near went completely under; stock price more than halved and lost a billion dollars in shareholder equity in an instant. Nice.
This. So many instances of these blatant thefts. Why bother? Also for most companies z China isn't even profitable. Or if it is, the margins are razor thin

This is my biggest concern with the umcoming bi Polar world where the world is divided between US/EU sphere and China spheres.

Since I am in Asia all we will get are the knock off toys and Cats from China.

We wont have access to quality construction techniques.

Every thing will be like disposable soda bottles.

This is my biggest concern with the umcoming bi Polar world where the world is divided between US/EU sphere and China spheres.

Since I am in Asia all we will get are the knock off toys and Cats from China.

We wont have access to quality construction techniques.

Every thing will be like disposable soda bottles.
And the problem for a lot of small countries in Asia and Africa is access to Western and Japanese being restricted by their governments in favor of Chinese goods because the corrupt officials of these governments are indebted to China.

And the problem for a lot of small countries in Asia and Africa is access to Western and Japanese being restricted by their governments in favor of Chinese goods because the corrupt officials of these governments are indebted to China.

Yes the more power China can assert its influence the moee terible it will be.

I can imagine the rest od the sinoaphere to even block the entire Western internet and media.

It will be devastating to the millenials and Gen Xers who grew up consuming a lot of Japanese and Western pop culture.

I always tell that to some of my more Pro China Bandmates that if the Pro Chinese will have their way there will be no more "Iron Maiden, Metallica black sabath Megadeth etc.

Its like a new Iron Curtain.

Back