After watching the post fight conference

skysolo

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I don't give Gustafsson or Velasquez for the matter, a chance in hell. The Jones answering those reporters, stupid, repetitive redundant, questions beats everyone in the UFC. The man seems to be one of the most driven and steadfast professional athletes of this generation.

I have to liken his determination to Michael Jordan, Tiger Woods, Tom Brady, etc. I am not trying to join his entourage but damn was I impressed. Say what you want about these guys but they are winners.

"I will continue to beat every contender one by one until there is no doubt that I am the best ever".

I am paraphrasing because I don't remember the correct quote.

because you watched a CONFERENCE?

my god why im even posting in your thread, troll

If Gustaffson destroys AJ, and then loses a re-match to JJ, what is next for JJ at LHW? Like I can think of nothing. They will have to send another MW up to LHW or something?

Most of those lines are from a script he was given by his manager

Fidel Castro once gave a 9 hour speech. This means he would beat Jones, Cain, and impregnate Ronda and Michelle Waterson at the same time.

I wish Jones would have said the truth. That he beat DC at his own game because he could and DC can you know what.

You cant just sit there after talking mad shit and say "blah blah hes bigger in the cage than what I thought"

Jones should have put him on blast. THIS guy.

I liked him calling out Cain.

because you watched a CONFERENCE?

my god why im even posting in your thread, troll

Because you wanted to call someone a troll, apparently. TS makes some valid points about drive and a champion's mentality.

If Gustaffson destroys AJ, and then loses a re-match to JJ, what is next for JJ at LHW? Like I can think of nothing. They will have to send another MW up to LHW or something?

Jones said he wasn't moving up to HW. He was asked the question at least 4 time by 4 "reporters".

MMA reporters are the most useless people on Earth.

By that time Rumble will have destroyed a lower tier fighter and be right back in talks to fight Jones if he defends against Gus. I agree though some of the fights I wouldn't ever want to see again but I could stand to see Shad, DC, and Gus again. We'll see who pops up in the meantime.

Most of those lines are from a script he was given by his manager

So was Michael Jordan. Not an authenticate word ever came out of the man's mouth.

After watching the CM Punk Q & A, I now understand that he is better than GSP.

if interviews decided these kind of things then cormier and jones would both somehow be champion

Prisoner of the moment, so many of these threads, it is comical.

Haha so you watched the conference and on that basis you decided he could beat Gus and Cain... You are cute.

The calling out of Cain is only to rub AKA's face in this loss. He did say that everything would have to be perfect for that to happen, and that's not going to happen.

I would think that both Gus and Johnson will get a shot at Jones within the next year, regardless of the outcome of their fight. Jones is tearing the division up. It's true there isn't a lot of competition for Jones should he dismiss those two. Maybe Cormier/Jones II in 2016 should Jones keep winning.

Edit: I don't think the TS is trolling unlike dozens of other threads. After watching the conference, I think the TS understood that Jones' head is in the right place to rule for a long time. I think. lol If you haven't seen the press conference, it was one of the best I've seen as far as having a look into what makes these guys such high level competitors - Cormier and Jones.

Last edited:
I feel I have to clarify because some people are really stupid. Of course just watching him answering a few dumb questions didn't make me come to the realization that he can beat Gustafsson or Velasquez.

It has been a compilation of his entire career (his fight). But after listening to the man speak for those few minutes I think I truly understand his belief in his abilities and his determination to be the greatest.

I feel I have to clarify because some people are really stupid. Of course just watching him answering a few dumb questions didn't make me come to the realization that he can beat Gustafsson or Velasquez.

It has been a compilation of his entire career (his fight). But after listening to the man speak for those few minutes I think I truly understand his belief in his abilities and his determination to be the greatest.

I think Jon Jones has grown up a lot in the past few months, despite the trash talk. This could be the new era of Jon Jones.

Back