Media After watching Terence Crawford vs Amir Khan, I'm convinced Manny Pacquiao has no shot

TidWell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Crawford is just too technical.Too smart. Too long and precise Pacman would just try to rush in a few times and Crawford would just check him coming in, or counter him.

I can't believe there are people who still think Pacquiao even in his prime had a shot against Crawford. There is a reason why Pac left top rank and ducked a fight with Crawford multiple times because he knew he had no shot

I also favor Crawford over Spence, Crawford just has too much tools

I'm shocked. I thought you would take Pac over anyone.

Crawford is just too technical.Too smart. Too long and precise Pacman would just try to rush in a few times and Crawford would just check him coming in, or counter him.

I can't believe there are people who still think Pacquiao even in his prime had a shot against Crawford. There is a reason why Pac left top rank and ducked a fight with Crawford multiple times because he knew he had no shot

Manny at his age right now is better than Khan ever was. Is a southpaw which will cause Crawford trouble. Has an amazing jab and footwork. And wont tire like Kavaliauskas who gave Crawford all sorts of trouble early on.

I'd still favor Crawford but I don't think a fighter with no chin and no heart is someone to compare to Manny.

And did Manny dodge the fight? Maybe but it's not that simple either, it's not like Bob at the time was really even promoting Manny. The fight was offered after Manny was pretty much done with Top Rank, he specifically went around Top Rank for the most part with the Matthysse fight with them finally agreeing to let top rank have the US broadcast rights. Top Rank had nothing to do with that fight and Manny at the time. Also the same time during which he was aiming for a Floyd rematch.

Bob burned a bridge and now turns it back to discredit a former fighter and prop up his own.

And i'm not really even a fan of Manny for how he handled the drug testing thing during his career crying all about it until he got KO'd by Marquez. Then choosing not to have any testing done during his Thurman fight, which I believe all world title fights should require VADA/USADA testing in addition to athletic commission testing.

Last edited:
Crawford wasn’t anywhere Pac’s vicinity or radar when Pac was in his prime

Crawford wasn’t anywhere Pac’s vicinity or radar when Pac was in his prime
No shit, I said even a prime Pacquiao would lose to Crawford, im going off the skill set

No shit, I said even a prime Pacquiao would lose to Crawford, im going off the skill set
Please explain besides saying “Pac rushing in”

Lets say the Pacquiao that fought De La Hoya vs today’s Bud??
Pac all day, all you say about him is he “rushes in” why don’t you bring up his volume, left hand, conditioning, speed and timing, he may not be the most craftiest or skilled but all those attributes I mentioned are enough to beat Crawford, again, please explain what you see in Crawford that makes you favor him in a mythical match up

Please explain besides saying “Pac rushing in”

Lets say the Pacquiao that fought De La Hoya vs today’s Bud??
Pac all day, all you say about him is he “rushes in” why don’t you bring up his volume, left hand, conditioning, speed and timing, he may not be the most craftiest or skilled but all those attributes I mentioned are enough to beat Crawford, again, please explain what you see in Crawford that makes you favor him in a mythical match up

I found this on google news, Bob Arum knows the truth its why he never put Manny in with Crawford and he said Manny was demanding too much money for Crawford fight

"When it comes to Pacquiao and Crawford, I think Crawford is an elite welterweight and has the skill set that trumps the skill set of Manny Pacquiao, so, I would go with Bud Crawford,” said Arum on The Ak & Barak Show. “But certainly in their prime, in Pacquiao’s prime, Crawford’s in his prime now that would have been an amazing fight to watch.

“Crawford in my opinion is more skilled than Juan Manuel Marquez and at best Manny and Marquez were even in their battles.”

http://www.nowboxing.com/2020/04/bob-arum-crawford-is-more-skilled-than-pacquiao-and-marquez/42854/

And in my opinion todays Pacquiao is more skilled than Benavidez and Evaliskius and at best Crawford struggled with them.

And in my opinion todays Pacquiao is more skilled than Benavidez and Evaliskius and at best Crawford struggled with them.
Pac is also smaller than them and Crawford beat them

Pac is also smaller than them and Crawford beat them

That's a fair point. I'd probably take Egidijus Kavaliauskas over a prime Pac. There's a reason why Pacquiao avoided Balts like the plague.

That's a fair point. I'd probably take Egidijus Kavaliauskas over a prime Pac. There's a reason why Pacquiao avoided Balts like the plague.
I wouldnt go that far but the Mean Machine would give Pacman a tough fight, it would be 50 50 prime for prime.

You could have watched a cooking show and would have come away with the same conclusion

Did you really watch Crawford Kahn and think that, or just an excuse for another chance to dump on Manny and your neighbor’s cooking?

<seedat>

I like Crawford more than most people on this board (since he's not very liked) but his resume isn't that strong where Pac is an ATG. Crawford might have done well in a match up if they had fought but he really needs to beat some better fighters to make any claims about him being better than Manny.

Pacquiao beat Keef who wouldve beaten Crawford

Did you really watch Crawford Kahn and think that, or just an excuse for another chance to dump on Manny and your neighbor’s cooking?

<seedat>

Oh, snap.

Back