After watching again Tony vs Barboza...

SSJBroly

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
as much as I like Tony, I think Khabib beats him easier than he did McGregor.

At the same time, I think McGregor's timing is too much for Tony's all-over-the-place fuckery while constantly pushing forward, this motion being enough for McGregor to KO him or at least concuss him enough and then follow with punches and TKO it.

Maybe im wrong, but watch Tony vs Barboza again, his stand up game is too chaotic. Someone with the right timing can catch him badly. At the same time, during those weird shots to the legs he does, I think Khabib is too good in the mat.

Honestly, I have no fucking idea what will happen, but watching this fight again made me doubt Tony, and right now I was betting on a nice Tony win. Not anymore.

At the same time, I think McGregor's timing is too much for Tony's all-over-the-place fuckery while constantly pushing forward, this motion being enough for McGregor to KO him or at least concuss him enough and then follow with punches and TKO it.

Maybe im wrong, but watch Tony vs Barboza again, his stand up game is too chaotic. Someone with the right timing can catch him badly. At the same time, during those weird shots to the legs he does, I think Khabib is too good in the mat.

Honestly, I have no fucking idea what will happen, but watching this fight again made me doubt Tony, and right now I was betting on a nice Tony win. Not anymore.
Man the beating would get from Tony will EPIC..

Last edited by a moderator:
Man the beating would get from Tony will EPIC..
You can't trust McGregor in a REAL fight...he is used to handpicked fixed fights now

How much are you betting on Tony beating Khabib? I give him the chance of stoppage due too much blood or something. But he isn't submitting or KO'ing Khabib's huge bag-of-bricks head imo.

Actually I got Tony subbing khabib in round 4 or 5...and I love Khabib.

Tony has 1 top 5 win in his entire career and that was over a guy coming off a loss that Tony was losing to before poking his eyes out and Khabib ragdolled that same guy.

That’s a totally different matchup. Barboza is a striker and Khabib is a wrestler. There is zero chance that Khabib doesn’t try to take the fight to the mat. If it ends up being a striking match then Khabib is at the disadvantage. Grappling is Khabib’s specialty and any success he has on the feet comes from the threat of a takedown.

No shame in getting hit by Barboza, one of the best strikers in UFC. Khabib was able to neutralize his striking with his wrestling, all credit to him. But Tony actually stood with him and won the fight. Took some damage in the process but it still takes a great striker to beat Barboza at his own game.

Otherwise I agree he's very vulnerable to Khabib takedown and Conor left counter. BUT we shall see...

War Tony!

Last edited:

That's an educated guess.
I agree

I've always thought Tony outlasts and finishes Khabib but gets KOd by Conor.
Khabib > Conor > Tony > Khabib

^^ That's how I see those fights going

If i had a gun to my head I'd definitely go with Khabib, but I feel like Ferguson presents a huge challenge to him. First off if Khabib does win it's going to be a decision. Tony has insane BJJ and i can't see him being submitted. A TKO finish for Khabib is just out of the question imo.

With that said that is huge advantage for Tony. He can go five rounds easy without fading. The pace he fights with is nothing Khabib has dealt with ever. I think Khabib will take him down in round 1 and MAYBE 2 with ease making it look like a standard easy Khabib win untill Tony digs deep. After that its anyone's fight and I think Tony fares far better in the latter rounds.

Conor hasn't had a real fight since Eddie. and he was lucky that Eddie was champ. Tony has the possibility of a sub.

Tony struggled with raging al. He might be able to take tony down and land a bit of gnp but wont finish him. Tony will come on strong rounds 3-5 and khabibs going to cop a beating. He hasnt faced anyone like ferguson.

Tony has 1 top 5 win in his entire career and that was over a guy coming off a loss that Tony was losing to before poking his eyes out and Khabib ragdolled that same guy.

"Poking his eyes out". One accidental eye poke and RDA actually WON the next round. Yeah...he was clearly blinded. Khabib laid on top of RDA for 15 minutes in a boring hugfest, "ragdolled" is a nice way of putting that.

Oh, and Cerrone was coming off 3 wins in a row and ranked top 5 when Tony beat him.

Any other completely false things I can set straight while we're at it?

No shame in getting hit by Barboza, one of the best strikers in UFC. Khabib was able to neutralize his striking with his wrestling, all credit to him. But Tony actually stood with him and won the fight. Took some damage in the process but it still takes a great striker to beat Barboza at his own game.

Otherwise I agree he's very vulnerable to Khabib takedown and Conor left counter.

War Tony!

Barboza landed some decent shots, but never hurt or even affected Tony. It's so weird someone would bring up this fight. Tony basically marches Edson down the entire time. Tony lands more sig strikes in both rounds, then finishes.

People see what they want to see I guess?

Watch Tony vs Lando. Lando lacked reach, but had that Conor'esque timing, Joe.

Still, Tony won both and they were entertaining as all fuck. Khabib will be a lot, but I'm still rooting for the old Ferg.

Back