After tonight's card, I think it's safe to say that NOTHING will surprise me anymore

Mikeyz

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Inside the Octagon!!

My god, I still can't believe it. This was probably 1 of the unexpectedly best cards in the last few years.

Mitch Clarke coming back to tap Iaquinta out in the 2nd after getting his ass handed to him in the 1st.

Varner breaking his ankle and nearly getting a finish,

Rivera and Mizugaki going to war

Ellenberger and Lawler putting on a good fight,

Hendo getting ragdolled and then obviously Barao vs Dillashaw.

What a night of fights!!! 10/10.

I would have preferred some different results but I was highly entertained.

"After tonight's card, I think it's safe to say that NOTHING will surprise me anymore"

This happened for me when Anderson got knocked out. Almost happened when Fedor got triangle'd.

Me too ... anything can happen in this sport and anyone can be beat

agree TS, the night was full of unexpected results.

10/10 main card....
7/10 prelims

so 9/10 for the full card.

and I know the idiots were booing cageside, but i really enjoyed watching DC throw around Hendo.

You don't have to watch a lot of MMA to see how unpredictable it can be.

Totally unscripted, unpredictable

Great card

Now Bones vs Gus in August!

How in the hell did it take you this long?

The UFC and MMA in general has always been about expecting the unexpected

The beauty of MMA. Because there are so many weapons available, it leaves more opportunity to win a fight. There's no greater sport imo.

After tonight, people who dropped cash on TJ are going to be very happy.

On topic, MMA is unpredictable because it has many ways to win a fight. We say today with TJ that he did his homework and came prepared. Not only did he beat Barao at his own game, he got the TKO, he didn't just cruise to the UD.

agree TS, the night was full of unexpected results.

10/10 main card....
7/10 prelims

so 9/10 for the full card.

and I know the idiots were booing cageside, but i really enjoyed watching DC throw around Hendo.

What kind of monster are you? By the time the fight ended with Hendo's freshly raped corpse laying face down ass up on the mat, I just felt cold and empty inside.

This is why you don't 100% just dismiss certain fighters in fights.

ANYTHING can happen and ANYONE can lose at anytime. I have understood that for some time. The more one comes to grips with that, the better

NOBODY is unbeatable. We saw that when Fedor got submitted, we saw it when Anderson got knocked out, and we saw it again last night when T.J. Dillashaw, who none of us (myself included) gave a chance, defeated Barao.

This is why MMA is the greatest sport in the world

Back