After tonight I think it's safe to say Silva used PED's the majority of his reign

erZ7Ba0.gif

Dude has the most title defences in UFC history. I don't think they're that upset bro.

Not upset, in denial. In denial that steroids played a crucial role in all those title defences.

Anger comes after denial in stages of grief. They'll get there.

Ali was TKOed at 38 and done (in elite comp) at 39. Silva has been knocked out twice and is basically 41.

To say "yep, he's worse now and it's because he's not on roids" is ridiculous. It's nothing like the difference we've seen in fighters like Eric Silva, alves etc. His physique looks basically the same.

Not upset, in denial. In denial that steroids played a crucial role in all those title defences.

Anger comes after denial in stages of grief. They'll get there.

Crucial Role? Over half of Silva's title defense opponents were on steroids.

Ummmm that is the perfrct time to start. People get older and try new things to stay young. Not even counting the fact that he broke his leg and lost a ton of muscle from legs.
sure that's one way to look at it. The way I look at it is if you are a clean athlete who has resisted the urge to use PEDs for your entire career for moral, ethical, and health reasons; you aren't just going to throw all that away and start using PEDs at 39 at the tail end of your career. I don't know for sure if Silva was using PEDs pre-USADA, but it seems very likely to me he was. Especially considering the fact that Silva fought in Pride, which was notorious for PED use, and the first time he's tested under random USADA drug testing, he gets popped.

I realize he's 40, but power is usually one of the last things to fade for a fighter. Bisping is tough as nails but tonight I felt Silva landed strikes that normally would have dropped the opponent. Instead they were just shrugged off.

In general he looked like his striking wasn't nearly as damaging, and not just from losing a step which is normal.

I love watching Silva fight and this isn't meant to fighter bash. We already know he did PED's it's just to what extent. I think tonight shed some light on that.

I was surprised that the front kick to the face didnt floor Bisping. Either Mike has a helluva chin or Andys power has declined.

I realize he's 40, but power is usually one of the last things to fade for a fighter. Bisping is tough as nails but tonight I felt Silva landed strikes that normally would have dropped the opponent. Instead they were just shrugged off.

In general he looked like his striking wasn't nearly as damaging, and not just from losing a step which is normal.

I love watching Silva fight and this isn't meant to fighter bash. We already know he did PED's it's just to what extent. I think tonight shed some light on that.

He is just a month or so away from 41, so he is 41, not 40. Also you apparently seem not to have the slightest grasp for the facts regarding the effects of age on human physiology. Please educate yourself. I want you to look at this chart and then ask yourself why.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gymnastics_all-around_champions_by_age

I am in my mid 40s and I can tell you that serious debilitating effects of age really began to start hitting me when I turned 37. The difference between 35 and 45 is nothing short of catastrophic. I wanted to just come in here and berate you with all kinds of sherdoggy invectives and insults but instead I am just going to request that you and others please stop making ignorant ass posts this. Go and learn the facts of what happens to human physiology from your 30s on.

Crucial Role? Over half of Silva's title defense opponents were on steroids.

Were they? Only two of them tested positive or had elevated levels when they actually fought him. Using Silva fan boy logic, we must determine the others were clean and only cheated the times they were caught :)

Regardless, he would have still been getting subbed by Japanese welterweights and never been able to man handle Franklin in the clinch to get the belt in the first place.

He is just a month or so away from 41, so he is 41, not 40. Also you apparently seem not to have the slightest grasp for the facts regarding the effects of age on human physiology. Please educate yourself. I want you to look at this chart and then ask yourself why.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gymnastics_all-around_champions_by_age

I am in my mid 40s and I can tell you that serious debilitating effects of age really began to start hitting me when I turned 37. The difference between 35 and 45 is nothing short of catastrophic. I wanted to just come in here and berate you with all kinds of sherdoggy invectives and insults but instead I am just going to request that you and others please stop making ignorant ass posts this. Go and learn the facts of what happens to human physiology from your 30s on.

so what you are saying is that most likely used peds his entire career, and since he is getting older he really needs them even more than before?

Per a couple earlier posts, I'm 47 next month and father time sucks! That and prior injuries and some generally poor life decisions early on can leave you with pain every day. Arthritis, lower back pain. Take it from me,...

Stay young! It's your only hope.

so what you are saying is that most likely used peds his entire career, and since he is getting older he really needs them even more than before?

He might need them even to train at this point---if he's jacked up with prior injuries and arthritis in his joints, back pain and such. Father time is 15,000,000,000 and 0.

Were they? Only two of them tested positive or had elevated levels when they actually fought him. Using Silva fan boy logic, we must determine the others were clean and only cheated the times they were caught :)

Regardless, he would have still been getting subbed by Japanese welterweights and never been able to man handle Franklin in the clinch to get the belt in the first place.

Oh yah because Belfort was totally clean.

That's not counting Irving and Bonnar testing positive.

Silva must been clean as well during those times if that's your logic bro.

Oh yah because Belfort was totally clean.

That's not counting Irving and Bonnar testing positive.

Silva must been clean as well during those times if that's your logic bro.

typical fanboy move, classic misdirection

typical fanboy move, classic misdirection

You're being a goof.

we must determine the others were clean and only cheated the times they were caught:).

You tards can't even use logic correctly. If we're going by that logic, Silva was clean his entire title run.

You guys are not a smart bunch that's for sure.

You are aware that before the latest testing crack downs PED use in MMA and the UFC was at epidemic proportions? What this means is that all else being equal, roided up Silva was demolishing his roided up opponents. And if you look at Silva's body structure all along you can tell that he wasn't doing it near as much as a crapload of other ranked fighters. There is a certain GOAT candidate whose name I won't mention who by the look of him was one of the most PED saturated fighters of all time. Anderson never looked even remotely as jacked up as that fighter. Nor did Fedor ever look that way. I guarantee you that if hypothetically no one had ever been able to do PEDs Anderson would have been even more dominant than he was just because of his fighter intelligence. Dude got old. That is the primary explanation for his decline. Is that really so hard for you idiots to understand.

He is just a month or so away from 41, so he is 41, not 40. Also you apparently seem not to have the slightest grasp for the facts

That's one of the funniest posts I've ever seen.
wtf6.gif

You're being a goof.

we must determine the others were clean and only cheated the times they were caught:).

You tards can't even use logic correctly. If we're going by that logic, Silva was clean his entire title run.

You guys are not a smart bunch that's for sure.

I guess your too dumb to realize I was using irony to show the fallacy of Silva fan boy logic. Go eat some more paint chips please.

I guess your too dumb to realize I was using irony to show the fallacy of Silva fan boy logic. Go eat some more paint chips please.

Dude, I just exposed you. Walk away.

Dude, I just exposed you. Walk away.

Haha you exposed me thinking you had enough brain power to understand the concept of irony. Well done.

You're getting destroyed ITT. Take you Androgen Silvoid doll and go to bed kid.

Back