After this, would anyone else be interested in Holm/Nunes?

Gamer2k4

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I know it's not happening, since Holm is at 145 now and has two straight losses at 135, but after seeing Nunes winging those punches against Ronda, I can't help thinking Holm would eat her alive.

XPpb6OF.gif

Holm is good. It would be an interesting match up. Ronda blitzed Holly the way Amanda blitzed Ronda. And that won't work against a phenomenal striker like Holly. Both are great strikers, and I think Holm is more technical and great at making adjustments and I'd think she'd win a UD, possible TKO. Bad match up for Nunes, in my opinion.

Not to use mmath, but Holly literally couldn't do a thing to Shavchenko, while Nunes for a win over her. Did she look amazing, no, but at least she was effective.

Holm doesn't have the power to get Nunes respect, and she'd be teeing off her all night, I think.

Nunes will beat the winner of Valentina/Juliana and then move up and challenge for the 145.

NO MORE RONDA! MORE BELTS!

It's really the only competitive fight for Amanda

I'd like to see that. Interesting match up especially considering Nunes tendency to tire out and Holly's game plan to stick and move...emphasis more on move. Holly's in great condition typically too. Tough fight for Nunes. Also want to see a Nunes/Shevchenko rematch.

sadly no one is interested in her next fight unless it is ronda

Amanda could wing shots at Ronda because Ronda has such poor defense and virtually no striking threat of her own.
a fight with holly is a whole different match, she would be more patient to be sure.

Holly Holm doesn't have anything left in the tank. Nunes would retire her just like she did Tate and Rousey.

Not to use mmath, but Holly literally couldn't do a thing to Shavchenko, while Nunes for a win over her. Did she look amazing, no, but at least she was effective.

Holm doesn't have the power to get Nunes respect, and she'd be teeing off her all night, I think.

I'd say the interesting thing there is that Nunes & Shevchenko were pretty even in the standup during the 1st round, whereas Holm was getting beaten exchange all night long except for the knockdown in the 1st. Also depends on whether it's a 3 or 5 round fight, I think Nunes can edge out a couple rounds against Holly but in a 5 rounder she'll likely run out of gas and lose if she can't finish Holm early, and I don't think she can.

I'd say the interesting thing there is that Nunes & Shevchenko were pretty even in the standup during the 1st round, whereas Holm was getting beaten exchange all night long except for the knockdown in the 1st. Also depends on whether it's a 3 or 5 round fight, I think Nunes can edge out a couple rounds against Holly but in a 5 rounder she'll likely run out of gas and lose if she can't finish Holm early, and I don't think she can.

I don't think Holm has the grappling threat to actually gas her out. And her strikes won't gas her out, because she has no power, at all.

My opinion.

Holm can be very elusive. Styles make fights. Holm/Nunes would be a good fight.

I'd rather watch Valentina blitz both of these womenmores with her superior kickboxing and sambo

Back