After the Vitor fight will the Bisping haters stop with the padded resume crap?

I'd argue Leben, Stann and Mayhem are fairly "big name" opponents.

Hey Jose Aldo Nova have you seen the latest Anderson Silva video blog where he's in Paris and AbuDhabi? Good stuff, some breakdancing at the end that needs to be gifed.

JDS having a tough road to the belt is a bit overblown outside werdum and Carwin.

Some of you blow JDS's road to the title into a mountain he climbed laced with elite fighters.

He had a good run but I dont see his run to the title much harder then Bisping at this point.

I agree that bisping hasnt beaten top fighters or anyone worth a damn but the JDS's road to the title being tough is a bit overblown. I think Bisping has fought just as tough opponents in terms division status just trying to get a fight with Silva.

If he beats Vitor I can vouch for Bisping getting a title shot but I would much prefer Weidman.

Seriously?
Carwin and Werdum were very legit wins like you said, Stefan Struve is 9-2 in the octagon since his debut loss to JDS. Struve is at least equal to Bispings best win.

Roy Nelson I would say is a Stann level victory. Mirko Cro Cop would be comparable to Wanderlei who beat Bisping. Both over the hill whose records didnt look good because they were put in name matchups past their prime. Gonzaga victory was still a former title challenger.The only gimme I thought JDS got was Yvel. He still won 7 straight. I think his road was pretty damn tough, especially considering how lean the HW division is compared to the middle divisions.

I don't criticize who he has fought but if you see mmaweekly & sherdog rankings, the only top 10 guy at the time of the fight he has ever beaten is Stann. He has some good names but they weren't top 10 at the time of their fight.

Maybe, but they'll still have the argument that he loses to every good fighter he faces so you still won't be happy about their opinions.

Hahaha. Because Bisping has such a high percentage of KO wins...

All he needs is one. I cant call Edgar a decision king because apparently he ko'd one guy (out of his last 10 fights or so). Fans will be fans :icon_conf

If he loses to Vitor it will just make the padded record banter that much stronger.

If he beats Vitor especially dominitaly I think it will open the eyes of many of his haters.

Personally I do not think he is going to beat Vitor.

If he loses to Vitor it will just make the padded record banter that much stronger.

If he beats Vitor especially dominitaly I think it will open the eyes of many of his haters.

Personally I do not think he is going to beat Vitor.

Because most of his wins are from fighters who ain't in the ufc anymore which does matter to his record....Even if he beats vitor his record is still padded

Last edited:
I have never once heard or read that Bisping's record is padded, the knock on Bisping has been he can beat top 15-25 guys all day but almost every time he fights someone ranked higher than that he loses, Stann is the only guy ranked in or around the top 10 that Bisping has beaten.

I don't think Bisping will beat Vitor so he will continue the trend of losing in big fights.

To be fair he has been the poster boy for mma here in england..
But other english mma posterboy dan hardy copped a shot at gsp for much less..

I think if he beats vitor then he does deserve to have a shot..

also some of his losses have been very tight like rashad and sonnen..but that could be said about some of his wins too..

but whatever, he will always be the sherdoggers favourite ....

Mayhem?? Really??

Stann is a good opponent but Leben and Miller are nothing more than personalities of the sport. Miller looked awful in his fight versus Bisping and Leben has 1 name win to his credit. A victory over 2011 Wanderlei.

The post I quoted said nothing about the quality of Bisping's opponents, just them having "big names." All of those fighters are popular, especially Mayhem.

Hey Jose Aldo Nova have you seen the latest Anderson Silva video blog where he's in Paris and AbuDhabi? Good stuff, some breakdancing at the end that needs to be gifed.

Whoa. Must watch! Thank you kindly, sir.

are you assuming bisping wins already? they havent even fought yet. cant wait to see your reaction when bispings wakes up.

I dont think Bisping gets enough credit but I also think he needs a couple of big wins to be to really be considered elite.

Hes proven that he can compete with the elite but he hasnt actually beaten any yet. Vitor is a good start.

He was ranked top 5 coming off of a loss and without ever having beaten a top 10 opponent before the Stann fight, Bisping gets more credit than he deserves, can he hang with most top 10 guys, sure, can he beat most of them, I doubt it.

if he fights Vitor he will have fought

Vitor Belfort Barely top 15, tbh

Brian Stann Good win
Chael Sonnen Lost
Jason Miller Good win, although Miller blew it on his own
Yoshihiro Akiyama Lol
Dan Miller Meh. Was already on a 2 fight losing streak
Wanderlei Silva Lost
Denis Kang Double meh
Dan Henderson KTFO
Rashad Evans Lost
Matt Hamill Shouldn't have won
Chris Leben Decent win

With that many good opponents it's something that shouldn't even be brought up but there are still those who insist he's been fed easy opponents.

Will it finally stop or do his haters lack any sort of intelligence?

Of the 11 guys above, 4 he's lost to, 1 he was gifted a decision against, two wins were against guys on losing streaks, Denis Kang is whack, and only 3 are decent wins, and none of them were really earth shattering. Bisping has never done anything particularly amazing and to be real a win over Belfort shouldn't give him a title shot. He'll be getting a title shot more because of his selling power and the fact that every time he gets close to the top of the division he blows it and loses. He's only got 1 top 10 win, for Christ's sake.

That being said, I do think he's one of the best MWs currently. I think a win over Belfort should be followed by one more win over a top 10 and then I'd be satisfied, but whatever. He'll get the next title shot if he beats Vitor and Anderson will add him to his highlight reel.

Nothing will change in this fight. He will take a step up in competition and lose as always. He'll be back fighting top 12-15 ranked opponents soon.

if he fights Vitor he will have fought

Vitor Belfort
Brian Stann
Chael Sonnen
Jason Miller
Yoshihiro Akiyama
Dan Miller
Wanderlei Silva
Denis Kang
Dan Henderson
Rashad Evans
Matt Hamill
Chris Leben

With that many good opponents it's something that shouldn't even be brought up but there are still those who insist he's been fed easy opponents.

Will it finally stop or do his haters lack any sort of intelligence?

Who has he beat on your list that is conciderd a good opponent?

Vitor Belfort - I just don't see where he can beat Vitor.
Brian Stann - This may be his only top ten win and it wasn't that impressive and Stan may be ranked a little higher than he should have been.
Chael Sonnen - Lost to Sonnen
Jason Miller - Lost the first round and only won because MIller gassed in the first. Plus Miller isnt a top Twenty MW
Yoshihiro Akiyama - Not a top 15 fighter
Dan Miller - Not top twenty MW
Wanderlei Silva - Lost this fight, Plus Wandy isn't a top 15 MW
Denis Kang - Not a top twenty MW
Dan Henderson Got KOed!
Rashad Evans Lost this fight!
Matt Hamill - Lost this fight, Judges screwed Hamill. Plus Hamill isn't top twenty
Chris Leben - not top twenty

Bisping is over rated. How can he be ranked so high and have only one top 15 win? If he gets lucky and beats Vitor than give him a title shot because Vitor should be the number 1 MW contender.

Back