After seeing this new "nice guy" Conor...

MikeK1989

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
It has made me realize that we need bad guys / heels in sports, especially in the UFC. I was always anti Conor, he just annoyed me, yet I always turned in and purchased PPVs to watch him lose.

But now this whole nice guy act is super boring, almost unauthentic and to be quite frank doesnt have me interested in the fight whatsoever.

This sport misses the old wreckless Conor and it needs more Colby's. At the end of the day Good vs Bad sells. The age old story that still gets us.

<DisgustingHHH>

Keep the WWE nonsense out. Great fights sell themselves, this clearly isn't one of them.

Why don't you just watch WWE?

Conor is a changed man, leave him alone.

You lost me at "the sport needs more Colby's"

go watch WWE

Classic unselfaware Conor hater, "BOHOO I HATE CONOR FOR BEING SO MEAN! Oh.... it's a business move... now I hate Conor for NOT doing it!!! BORING!!!"

giphy.gif

I get your point in a entertainment business.
I personally get excited by the fighters style and both these guys throw down.

Probably an unpopular opinion but I can see myself becoming a fan of the nice McGregor who just wants to compete and leave all the other BS behind.

Honestly, I don't really pay attention to much outside the fights. As long as the fighters aren't getting into legal trouble or failing drug tests, I don't much care either way. I had no idea that there was a "nice guy" Conor until logging on thirty seconds ago.

Why don't you just watch WWE?

Conor is a changed man, leave him alone.

conor is not a "changed man". he's a calculated man. a smart man too. his image has gone to shit. so many run ins with the law etc, its time to scale it back. try to win fans back. starting with his image, then hopefully (for him) a winning streak. everything you've seen from conor (that's in front of a camera) has been an act. I'm not hating. he's just playing the game. and he's played it better than everyone thus far. hence the fame and $.

It has made me realize that we need bad guys / heels in sports, especially in the UFC. I was always anti Conor, he just annoyed me, yet I always turned in and purchased PPVs to watch him lose.

But now this whole nice guy act is super boring, almost unauthentic and to be quite frank doesnt have me interested in the fight whatsoever.

This sport misses the old wreckless Conor and it needs more Colby's. At the end of the day Good vs Bad sells. The age old story that still gets us.
No, just no.
The sport doesn't miss Conor or Colby and doesn't need them, like it doesn't need fans like you.
I like Conor better this way and im going to still buy every PPV good fighters are part of.

Go watch WWE and leave the sherdog forum.

Well the dude is facing multiple rape allegations, so he couldn’t possibly be more heel. Uncle Dana protecting him from journalists’ questions, and instead cueing a question about the wildfires in Australia and his efforts to save the planet, and him shivering from anxiety throughout the press conference, carefully avoiding any controversy, «I don’t give a s... I don’t care»... this heel is doing what he can to avoid jail time...

Trump is going to do the same thing for his 2020 campaign, he's gonna play Mr Nice Guy and hand out flowers and olive branches and tweet out praise to all the Democrats lol

Very interested what Chael P. Thinks of this

“I hate Conor because he is mean and hurts my feelings “

“I hate him because he is boring and not wreckless like before”

Choose one and stick to it

Blame Khabib for humiliating and emasculating Conor, dude's scarred for life now.

I would like to think that the general consensus among genuine MMA fans is that a champion should be respectful and humble.

Back