After Rockhold and the winner of Jacare/Romero, whos next for MW title?

CereserBr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Maybe Bisping if he wins some, or Mousasi? Or even Kennedy, idk...

The Chris moves up to fight Jon Jones, who should be back by then.

Probably Sweet Sassy. Bisping will find a way to lose his next #1 contender fight.

Loser of Jacare-Romero. Somebody from 205, Nick Diaz, then a rematch.

Weidman will get injured again.

Watch Dan Henderson challenge for the title with a win over Belfort.

It obviously depends upon the outcome of those fights. If Weidman loses to Rockhold, who then loses to Jacare, then I could see Weidman /Jacare being next.

I honestly only care about seeing Jacare fight for the title at this point.

Its kind of impossible to tell right now, anything can happen in a year. If I had said one year ago that Arlovski would be close to the HW title soon then you all would have called me crazy.

Right now we have:

Henderson/Belfort 3
Bisping/Whittaker
Mousasi/Hall

Give it some time, wait for some more high profile matchups to unfold and we'll have a better idea.

Bisping?
tmimn.gif

if Weidman clears those two with same kind of ease that he has cleared everyone else so far, I don't see anyone else in the active roster right now that would make an interesting fight. Maybe a move up or a superfight in catchweight with JJ and then see if anyone worth while makes their way up.

We'll be wiser after the fights.

I don't want to see Weidman bothered with "Bonnar" or "Diaz" kinda fights.

He fights someone that just came outta nowhere or has an easy defense against a guy out of the top 10 or fringe.

That is probably a year away.

Exactly. A ton can and will happen between now and then in the MW division. Just hope that Weidman/Rockhold and Souza/Romero can proceed as scheduled without any more glitches or hold-ups.

Give my boy Machida a shot. Dude arguably beat Weidman imo and is the only one to do so.

After Weidman v Rockhold and Rockhold vs Jacare, I expect the next title fight to be Rockhold vs Mousasi, Romero or maybe even Hendo.

Back