1. We are currently experiencing technical difficulties. For those experiencing login issues, a temporary solution is to clear your cache and cookies on your web browser. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
  2. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

After rewatching Fury Wilder 3 - Unpopular opinion?

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by The Penetrator, Oct 13, 2021.

1. Zarathustra611 Yellow Belt

2. James4210 Blue Belt

The "non skillful" line, is a dumb narrative from people who are bitter that Wilder lost. The only person that had low skill was Wilder, but he had a lot of guts, heart and power, respect to him.

3. Culombo Brown Belt

[email protected] ending of the round .. when wilder first encountered that he must have been thinking 'no one stands up to me like that, this guy is not scared .. this was so supposed to be an easy win' .. fury's been clowning/trolling wilder since the first fight on top of dominating him boxing wise.. so going on 3 yrs now .. wilder must hate his guts

Zarathustra611 likes this.
  4. Jonny Ninja Red Belt

I think that’s what happens too, but it’s also quite likely that the opposite happens

5. Nickmerc White Belt

You’re just going to get heavyweight fights like this.. especially when one guy throws with power like wilder, and the other guy becoming more and more emboldened to come forward and be rough and ugly because of the success he’s had doing it.. fury is still fantastically skilled but he wanted to give a beating (and he did)

6. GeneTunney7 Green Belt

I keep hearing people say it was "sloppy", but upon rewatching I then noticed alot of small details that I originally missed before, like the beautiful footwork of Tyson, his high IQ/low risk mauling in the clinch which took away Wilder's legs and thus power, and his distribution of pace. This new Tyson trained by Kronk reminds me alot of Cain, just relentless and mauls you, keep you burning at a steady 7/10 but never puts the pedal fully to the metal and never gave Wilder a chance to breathe. On the other hand, Wilder stays at 0/10 and then will go to 10/10, there is 0 ring generalship or distribution of pace. I also noticed Wilder was not breathing correctly, he was too emotional, angry or nervous, and that probably aided in gassing him so quickly. More muscles need more oxygen, and if you hold your breath, you are in deep doo-doo.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2021
    Zarathustra611 likes this.