After rewatching and rewatching Nate/Conor I, the X-Factor is...

a chin. something conor doesnt have anymore whoop whopp the chin never recovers

tbh how come anyone in this rematch can see connor out lasting nate? nate will put on the pressure on the little guy if he intends to land those baby kicks

Conor has the ability to really hurt Nates legs. He was able to stomp them at will but he fell in love with the left hand and stupid spin kicks

They look pretty good from my angle. It's not one of my boys being clowned. Not that it would matter much to me anyways. My fandom only goes so far. You and your obsession for Conor however.......
I have no obsession. You are projecting. Very interesting.

I agree that he needs to mix up his strikes and fight like he NORMALLY does. In their first fight he was left straight happy and just gunning for the kill shot. I think if he mixes up the strikes(body shots and multiple kicks) as well as pacing himself he can eventually wear down nate with an accumulation of strikes
Problem is he doesn't NORMALLY fight guys as big as Nate, with a reach and size advantage on him. You don't wear down a Diaz brother.

All Conor has to do is circle and kick Nate's lead leg over and over, neither Diaz brother has ever shown the ability to counter that.

Yes, Nate can take a punch and deal with adversity and Conor had no answer when Nate started getting timing together in R2. Conor turned into McPanic wrestler, gave up his back and made no effort to fend off the RNC. It was a blatant fail and quit job. Conor wanted out and he simply gave up so he wouldn't suffer too much damage. Shocked that the MMA community has not called Conor out for not fighting like a warrior. Holly Holm on the same card put up a far greater effort fending off the choke and literally was choked out rather than tapping. Conor tapped right away. Pitiful performance. He will get wrecked again. Diaz is equal or better on the feet and light years ahead on the ground. If you can't beat Nate with no camp, no way you're beating Nate when he has a camp assuming no injuries heading into the fight.

Yes, Nate can take a punch and deal with adversity and Conor had no answer when Nate started getting timing together in R2. Conor turned into McPanic wrestler, gave up his back and made no effort to fend off the RNC. It was a blatant fail and quit job. Conor wanted out and he simply gave up so he wouldn't suffer too much damage. Shocked that the MMA community has not called Conor out for not fighting like a warrior. Holly Holm on the same card put up a far greater effort fending off the choke and literally was choked out rather than tapping. Conor tapped right away. Pitiful performance. He will get wrecked again. Diaz is equal or better on the feet and light years ahead on the ground. If you can't beat Nate with no camp, no way you're beating Nate when he has a camp assuming no injuries heading into the fight.
You better be right.

All Conor has to do is circle and kick Nate's lead leg over and over, neither Diaz brother has ever shown the ability to counter that.
Do you think Nate or Nick has the better kicking game?

The key will be Conor kicking the hell out of Nate's lead leg. Both chopping kicks to the inside and oblique kicks to the front. If he disrupts Nates boxing stance then he can win this fight.

But lets all forget the fact that nate literally walked off a yacht taking tequila shots to fight conor with like 2-3 days of training .....and still choked his ass out.

Nate will beat his ass back down to the micro division once and for all.

it could end up being the Gatti/Ward I written into an MMA novel in front of the world.

This part is just straight up bonkers.

Nate isn't a hitter, not by any standard, and Conor simply could not take his punches. People somehow forget he was stopped in the second round of a five round fight. There is no way his chin improved over the last few months.

Conor isn't going the distance and he isn't going to win a long 'mix in kicks' point fight. In a war of attrition he loses every time with Nate. Conor will get an early KO, because he has unforgiving power, or he gets put away again in round 2-3-4-5.

giphy.gif

Nick by far, still no defense, but at least Nick mixes in headkicks, Nate doesn't.

Nate hit Michael Johnson with multiple head kicks.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing and neither could Joe Rogan.

Literally the first time in his career he was whipping up head kicks.

Saw the Nate v Bendo fight again the other day. There were periods in the stand-up where Bendo was even getting the better of the exchanges through his speed and use of low kicks and even a few jabs to the knee. He knocked Nate down to the Mat hurting him on more than one occasion. Obviously Conor does not have the all round game but he might be wise to try and employ some of the same stand-up tactics if he can.

Back