1. The Sherdog Forums are currently experiencing technical difficulties, and we are working on it. We apologize for the inconvenience.

After rewatching and rewatching Nate/Conor I, the X-Factor is...

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by 79Stitches, Aug 5, 2016.

1. 79Stitches

79Stitches Jer Jone Money Double Yellow Card

Running over BLM protesters and laughing.
    Nate's chin. Conor walked Nate into several vicious left hands that landed hard and flush, turning Nate's head. That is in addition to the glancing lefts that scraped and cut Nate up. The more I watch it over and over, the more impressed I am by Nate's ability to shake off those crucial power shots. I don't think anyone Conor has fought before could stand up to and roll off his punches so well. That, to me, is the biggest advantage to Nate's training with world-class pro boxers. Conor's hands and Nate's hands are not worlds apart (in fact, they seem to be at a similar level of boxing ability), but Nate's ability to take and roll off punches is greater than anyone Conor has dealt with, and that factor is not going to change with this rematch.

My take: The key to Conor in this fight is going to be mixing his kicks with his punches, commanding respect with his feet, so he can land those left hands and right hooks and do damage. If he plays the same game, goes punch-for-punch with Nate, he will basically be doing the same thing as before, and hunting for the left cross or uppercut to finish it. And we know that most likely won't cut it with Nate. I think round 1 will tell us the tale of the fight. If Conor is moving, mixing up kicks left and right, high, middle, and low, and finding success with his hands as a result, it could be a different fight. But if the horn sounds and he's done nothing but stalk and spam the left straight, he will be in for another long night, because Nate can chew those shots up and spit em back at him all night.

If it goes to decision, I gotta believe that Nate will keep it close or win. Conor can win on points, but he'll have to do a lot of damage to keep Nate from storming back late with his unreal Diaz cardio and heart.

This rematch is a big roll of the dice for Mystic Mac. I cannot expect less than the most dogged, headstrong effort from him. Since that's what we almost always get with Nate, this fight could end up being more than a cool story, bro; it could end up being the Gatti/Ward I written into an MMA novel in front of the world.

This shit is exciting. Conor is really putting his nuts on the table here. Nate's already chillin in the catbird seat either way this fight goes, because a trilogy would also put fat chips on his table despite the loss, and a win puts a pen in his hand to start writing TALL checks.

Can't. Fucking. Wait.

2. Blayt7hh

Blayt7hh Steel Belt

Why did you need to rematch it to come to that conclusion? Hell I knew his chin would be a problem before they even fought

3. AceCooch

AceCooch Ace Land

lol, saw it live concluded the same thing... why did you rewatch over and over? its obvious

4. McgreGOATsLeft

McgreGOATsLeft alone

{<Mcgoat}

Conor was upper cutting the fuck out of Nate though in that first fight lol.

5. McgreGOATsLeft

McgreGOATsLeft alone

Rematch it? lol...

{<escalated}

TrainInVain likes this.
  6. Fergelmince

Fergelmince Yellow Card Yellow Card

If the limp shillelagh gets the gas tank of a Nepalese sherpa, plus more efficient and thai boxing skills with his legs plus red money panties or something.

Air Lats, TrainInVain and tombombadil like this.
  7. BoosieBoo

BoosieBoo Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

[​IMG]

It was him going for the uppercut that led to him being rocked.

The rematch is 60-40 in Nate's favour. If Conor doesn't use leg kicks he's gon get killed.

8. 84percentcool

84percentcool Red Belt

And he still was the one rocked by a simple 1 2 combo and turned into a panic wrestler only to be mounted and demolished.

9. ManDrawer

ManDrawer (ง︡'-'︠)ง

It's going to be something that's for sure, it's going to be one hell of a fight.
    Looking at his Mac life feeds, he shows that he goes for the same game plan, if he does this it's most likely going to be a rough experience.

I watched that video many times and I really don't know how he is going to do vs a full camp Nate, he can win but it's not going to be easy unless he lands a pin point strike. He got shocked and rocked so love to see how he will deal with it this time. I don't follow the gas tank theory too much he was just shocked Nate didn't go down and came back hard and then rocked him and panic wrestling followed etc.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  10. J. Bernie Cunningham

J. Bernie Cunningham Banned Banned

"No one can take my left."

Nate eating that shot so often and still firing made Conor give up. There were a few times he landed that and looked shocked when Nate didn't shut off. That was what he thought would end that fight, and when he finally realized it wouldn't, he didn't have a plan B.

He's gotta use it because it's his best weapon. He needs to use it to get somewhere else though. He needs to follow those lefts with something equally brutal and quickly. If he does and that fails him too, we're gonna see Rd2 of the first fight play out again.

11. McgreGOATsLeft

McgreGOATsLeft alone

Conor wins the rematch via a 1-2, then throwing his arms up, and slapping Nate.

TrainInVain and 79Stitches like this.
  12. McgreGOATsLeft

McgreGOATsLeft alone

Conor wins the rematch via a 1-2, then throwing his arms up, and slapping Nate.

TrainInVain and 79Stitches like this.
  13. K4BOSH

K4BOSH Purple Belt

The real x factor is Conor's gas tank. He's not gonna have more endurance than Nate thats for damn sure. Con9r says his gameplan this time is to use his footwork and pick him apart on the feet. He won't be able to utilize this gameplan without the endurance.

Id rather have Conor stay on the inside where Conor can beat Nate's body for 3 rounds, that way he can tire out Nate sooner for Conor to knock his block off late in the championship rounds.

I honestly think he wont do this so, im taking Nate by sub in the 3rd or 4th round.

14. Chitaouri

Chitaouri Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

can someone please post the gif where nate slaps a cake in conors face?

PriestPaiMei likes this.
  15. cheat toes

cheat toes raising hell

after re watching myself i see another thing nate has over connie CLASS

be_water546 likes this.
  16. carlosdanger76

carlosdanger76 Purple Belt

I think it's only the feet that's the x factor. Note only does conor have great kicks in general,we all know nates susceptible to low kicks....also a few times when conor winged those round houses at nate,my arse hole puckered up a bit...and he landed at least one those Jon Jones oblique kicks that hyper extended nates knee.
    War diaz,but this is a different fight on both ends.

79Stitches likes this.
  17. BeerAndKush

BeerAndKush #PaulieBless

The X-Factor is all the people still holding onto hope that McQuitter can beat Diaz.

18. Abazzdeboom

Abazzdeboom Legend in the making

19. accolyte1022

accolyte1022 'I had to fight a guy three times the size of me'

The pie was clearly laced with peds:

[​IMG]

opie, footodors, TrainInVain and 2 others like this.
  20. 79Stitches

79Stitches Jer Jone Money Double Yellow Card

Running over BLM protesters and laughing.
    Man, that's a hell of a gambit. Gameplanning to tire out a Diaz.

TrainInVain likes this.