After N.H. and Iowa, Bernie's only behind by 352 delegates.

Diamond Jim

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Bernie Sanders will win at least 13 of the Democratic delegates in New Hampshire and Hillary Clinton will win at least nine. Two delegates haven't yet been allocated.

In the overall race for delegates, Clinton has 394, thanks in large part to endorsements from superdelegates — party officials who can support the candidate of their choice.

Sanders has 42 delegates.

It takes 2,382 delegates to win the Democratic nomination for president.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/latest-clinton-ground-early-nh-primary-day-36803024

So after a close second and big N.H. win, Bernie's not close to Clinton and he's about to hit a lot of states that aren't winner take all and not demographic's he's proven on to win over yet.

If you're a Bernie support, lay out his path to victory to me?

394, what? I don't understand anything in this world.

I noted this in another thread I said she (Hillary) already has 17% (technically 16.5% of the total delegates needed to win. And as it stands superdelegates make up 29% of the total needed to win. And this is totally different than 2008 because Clinton only had 53% of those had pledged themselves to candiates by December of 2007. Obama had in August of 2007, 68 superdelegates and Clinton only had 130 in December of 2007.

There were tons more undecided superdelegates who picked a candidate once the race narrowed down between two individuals (Obama and Clinton). Not to mention Obama had about 100x more endorsements than Sanders currently has. And this isn't even mentioning the fact that Clinton is alleged to have a total of 440 who are committed already and will come out soon to support her. We do know she has a total of 394 though right now, and finally she is expected to pull 90% of the superdelegates this year.

And it says a lot. Especially when Democratic Senators, Representatives, Governors and state legislaturers, aren't "feeling the Bern". I wonder why? Why don't they seem to want to work with him?

Unless one is a cookooo conspiracy theorist then the real reason is that for whatever (or a lot of reasons) Sanders is not what most elected officials want or even want to work with. And that is shocking because the office of president is not a Dictatorship one has to work with Govenors, Senators, Representatives, etc. In any case the man who is running as a Democrat can't even gain support from most other elected Democrats.

Feel the Bernnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!

394 to 42, eh?

"Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?"
- John Lydon

I'd say at this point either Clinton destroys herself or Bernie NEEDS to win in SC and NV. And basically dominate on Supertuesday.

We all know the DNC is in for Killary

I'd lay money now it'll be Hillary next POTUS, especially if Trump wins the nomination, which I'd bet against.
The GOP knows they'd be wrecking their chances if that happened.

I like Bernie but he's got no chance.

In other words, Hillary is the establishment's candidate and Bernie is not.

So "party officials" basically call the shots as to who gets elected eh? And party officials are paid for by lobbyists...

WHAT THE FLYING FUCK IS THE PURPOSE OF THE VOTE THEN?

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/latest-clinton-ground-early-nh-primary-day-36803024

So after a close second and big N.H. win, Bernie's not close to Clinton and he's about to hit a lot of states that aren't winner take all and not demographic's he's proven on to win over yet.

If you're a Bernie support, lay out his path to victory to me?

There is none. Bernie is coming out of the freak states and here comes the real world. The only way he possibly wins is they hate Hillary so much.

Hillary is presenting the real world
Bernie is unknowly pandering to people who don't realize what he's saying isn't possible.

Sure what Bernie is saying is great but...
It will never happen.

The nomination was supposed to be a slam dunk for Hildog. She was supposed to easily take Iowa, N.H., and simply run away with the rest of them. She has already failed to do that, in spite of having every single variable stacked in her favor to start with. Bernie's message is one that is resonating with many people whom, until now, either had to vote for the lesser of two evils, or not vote at all. And with every debate, with every primary, he is picking up joementum.

Having said that, it is ultimately a numbers game. And he is in for a very tough fight, if it is winnable at all. I don't think it would take a national revolution for a candidate like him to get the nomination, but a collective awakening, where people who before were not expected to vote, did vote. This essentially a race to determine the identity of the modern Democratic Party IMO. Will young people, minorities, etc actually get out and vote, or will the old ways maintain their hold for another political generation.

What is this super delegate business? The establishment voting for... the establishment? No shit.

What is this super delegate business? The establishment voting for... the establishment? No shit.

I didn't know about this shit until now. This super delegate nonsense flies in the face of democracy. pretty fucking corrupt shit if you ask me.

I didn't know about this shit until now. This super delegate nonsense flies in the face of democracy. pretty fucking corrupt shit if you ask me.

What happens if Bernie gets the majority of the popular votes but Hilary gets all the super delegates? Who wins the primary?

What happens if Bernie gets the majority of the popular votes but Hilary gets all the super delegates? Who wins the primary?

Hillary. You need to hit that certain number of delegates to get elected.

United States "democracy" at work here.

Back