After jones fiasco Rumble vs Gustafson should be for title...here's why

I said I beleive because its the only thing that makes sense, show me the source where they released it, or out of hundreds of other out
Competition testes whats one other time we heard about something like this that isnt even punishable. I dont beleive you can I couldbe wrong though just no recolection of either

Saw this article posted in another thread:

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/1/7...mmission-calls-jon-jones-drug-test-failure-an

The NAC learned of the test failure on Dec. 23. NAC chairman Francisco Aguilar told MMAFighting.com the commission informed the UFC of the failure around that day.

So why was this news released if there was no punishment to be had? Sources say there was a public records request for Jones' drug test results after the fight. It's possible that this news would have never been made public if the request was never made, however, the NAC was well within their rights to bring it up if Jones ever applied for a license to fight in Nevada again. Bennett also said they planned to discuss it at next week's hearing before the public records request was ever made.

I think that stripping him of the title is ridiculous buuuuut they should TOTALLY make Gus vs. rumble for the interim championship!

Just make a statement saying that they are respecting the fact that Jon needs time to get his life straight or whatever and that to ensure that there is no future pressure on him to return, that the division will continue to move forward with an interim champ.

Why the hell not?!

They've made interim champions for way worse reasons that this! Plus it'll give that UFC on Fox fight a biiiig ratings bump. Good for everyone yet ultimately meaningless.

"Illegal" as in criminal as opposed to "banned"?

Both.

Good thing random internet trolls don't create rules.

This is serious. Cocaine is highly illegal and addictive. Nevermind the PR nightmare and PED using part of things. He better hope he never gets caught holding.

If Zuffa was smart they'd take his title suspend him and make him earn it back after suspension is lifted.

Also a message needs to be sent this kind of behavior is unacceptable especially from champions.

Both.

This is serious. Cocaine is highly illegal and addictive. Nevermind the PR nightmare and PED using part of things. He better hope he never gets caught holding.

If Zuffa was smart they'd take his title suspend him and make him earn it back after suspension is lifted.

Also a message needs to be sent this kind of behavior is unacceptable especially from champions.

Here's the thing, though: that would make the UFC look even worse because they knew he failed the test before the fight, let him fight, and apparently didn't even tell him he failed the test (why the NAC told the UFC before the fighter himself is beyond me) until after the fight. Had they gotten his test results from NAC on December 23rd, called Jones and told him, and then announced that the fight was cancelled, and that Jones was stripped and suspended, but that the fully supported his efforts to go to rehab blah blah blah, then yeah, the UFC would have looked good in a "w'ere strict and serious but fair" kind of way. But they didn't do that. Now they'd look like greedy jackasses that made sure they got their money out of the guy and the fight, and then tried to save face by punishing him after the fact.

Here's the thing, though: that would make the UFC look even worse because they knew he failed the test before the fight, let him fight, and apparently didn't even tell him he failed the test (why the NAC told the UFC before the fighter himself is beyond me) until after the fight. Had they gotten his test results from NAC on December 23rd, called Jones and told him, and then announced that the fight was cancelled, and that Jones was stripped and suspended, but that the fully supported his efforts to go to rehab blah blah blah, then yeah, the UFC would have looked good in a "w'ere strict and serious but fair" kind of way. But they didn't do that. Now they'd look like greedy jackasses that made sure they got their money out of the guy and the fight, and then tried to save face by punishing him after the fact.

So do u honestly think the ufc handled the whole situation correctly?

The NSAC should be punished for administering a non WADA test and releasing the results to the public.

Show me the source that says the NSAC released the results. I don't see that anywhere. All i see is confirmations after the story broke. From what I can see a reporter was in the process of releasing the story, and JBJ more or less simultaneously announced he was going to rehab.

If you want to rant at the NSAC for administering a coke test when they shouldn't have, that's fine. But that should not absolve the UFC of it's obligation to do the right thing. And in my opinion in this case the right thing would have been to deal with Jones for violating their COC when they found out it happened.

The only thing I WOULD like some clarification on is when, precisely, did the NSAC notify the UFC. It looks like they told the UFC on the 23rd or so, and the UFC decided not to do jackety shit until after the fight.

Show me the source that says the NSAC released the results. I don't see that anywhere. All i see is confirmations after the story broke. From what I can see a reporter was in the process of releasing the story, and JBJ more or less simultaneously announced he was going to rehab.

If you want to rant at the NSAC for administering a coke test when they shouldn't have, that's fine. But that should not absolve the UFC of it's obligation to do the right thing. And in my opinion in this case the right thing would have been to deal with Jones for violating their COC when they found out it happened.

The only thing I WOULD like some clarification on is when, precisely, did the NSAC notify the UFC.

And how would the UFC know if the NSAC didn't tell them? How would the reporter know?

I'm sure Jones just called up a reporter and saaid "I'm doing coke."

Lol it's the right thing to you because you hate Jones.

It's amazing to see the cognitive gymnastics people will perform to defend their fallen idols. If DC won the title, and it subsequently came to be known that he was using cocaine throughout his training camp, I wonder whether everyone defending Jones' cocaine addiction (!!!!) would sing the same tune.

You guys who think no punishment is warranted are nuts. The UFC must dole-out some sort of punishment in the wake of this event -- one of the bigger organizational scandals I can recall. Failing to punish a superstar for hardcore drug use after severely punishing other fighters for recreational drug use is a sports-opinion-writer's wet dream; That story has much longer legs than management awkwardly flip-flopping on its platform of relative disinterest in Jones' cocaine bombshell only to wise-up and punish him a few days later. UFC brass should also show some contrition and explain why a fighter with an apparently ongoing cocaine addiction was allowed to headline a show, but I'm sure that's a bridge too far.

It's an enormous boondoggle, and no amount of partisan apathy can make it magically disappear.

And how would the UFC know if the NSAC didn't tell them? How would the reporter know?

I'm sure Jones just called up a reporter and saaid "I'm doing coke."

Lol it's the right thing to you because you hate Jones.

I'll admit that I am no fan of Jones. But if my favorite fighter were doing coke a month before a fight, I would want him to be punished as well, and I would expect that fight to be cancelled. I hope we all would. I would hope that no one thinks its OK for fighters to be doing coke 30 days before a fight. Jones lovejuice is clouding your judgement. Any reasonable person understands the UFC can and should have acted here.

A reporter requested the results from the NSAC as they are public record. That's how they came out. And the NSAC is on record that they privately told the UFC about the test results on the 23rd. The UFC had a chance to act but chose not to for the obvious reasons.

This is more about the UFC in my mind than it is about Bones.

I'll admit that I am no fan of Jones. But if my favorite fighter were doing coke a month before a fight, I would want him to be punished as well, and I would expect that fight to be cancelled. I hope we all would. I would hope that no one thinks its OK for fighters to be doing coke 30 days before a fight. Jones lovejuice is clouding your judgement. Any reasonable person understands the UFC can and should have acted here.

A reporter requested the results from the NSAC as they are public record. That's how they came out. And the NSAC is on record that they privately told the UFC about the test results on the 23rd. The UFC had a chance to act but chose not to for the obvious reasons.

This is more about the UFC in my mind than it is about Bones.

They had no legal grounds to cancel the fight. Jones could sue them and he'd win.

Why would the NSAC tell the UFC and not Jones when there was no violation?

I don't really care what any athlete is doing with their body as long as it isn't PEDs. And I think most reasonable people are the same way.

They had no legal grounds to cancel the fight. Jones could sue them and he'd win.

Why would the NSAC tell the UFC and not Jones when there was no violation?

I don't really care what any athlete is doing with their body as long as it isn't PEDs. And I think most reasonable people are the same way.

Rubbish. I am pretty sure the UFC could interpret doing coke as violating their COC if they so chose. They obviously chose not to. For the obviou$ reason$.

At any rate, I highly doubt Bones would be taking the UFC to court for punishing him for doing coke. He may have more of a beef with the NSAC, but I'm not a lawyer.

As to why the NSAC would tell the UFC and not Jones, I $uspect they were protecting their bed buddy. But I do find that strange.

Rubbish. I am pretty sure the UFC could interpret doing coke as violating their COC if they so chose. They obviously chose not to. For the obviou$ reason$.

At any rate, I highly doubt Bones would be taking the UFC to court for punishing him for doing coke. He may have more of a beef with the NSAC, but I'm not a lawyer.

As to why the NSAC would tell the UFC and not Jones, I $uspect they were protecting their bed buddy. But I do find that strange.

I don't see how he'd be in trouble of violating the COC. It's not like he got caught by the cops.

Anyway the bigger issue is in another thread. Bones T/E ratio was off the charts.

Back