After jones fiasco Rumble vs Gustafson should be for title...here's why

motoxx987

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
If the ufc were to strip jones of title and make rumble vs gustaffson for title it would fix this all....the ufc would be looking like a no nonsense type of big league they want to be..

letting jones walk away unpunished and caught before the fight looks incredibly bad and that the org is overrun with ped and drug users. Although i feel he shoukd be stripped until after rehab I don't think he should face a lengthy suspension bc of the way the rules were written within the commission. Rules going forward will need reviewed though.

.Upon jones return from rehab he should be given the immediate title shot. In this way the ufc would be the good guy for not letting champions get away with things yet upon jones returning they could look good again by supporting the Newly clean jones and giving him a shot at title again.

It would be a win win for the ufc and jones would get his chance to retain his title back from the current champ.

no_medium.gif

It should be for the belt because Jones is going to make a movie out of this

i agree atleast with jones being stripped the guy is going thru a serious addiction he should walk away for a year and get healthy

Not sure if you're a Gus or Rumble fan, too lazy to look it up, but that's a horrible idea. For one, it didn't take long for the results to come back from Dec 4th test. To try and take Jon's title away now when they already knew about the results well before Jan 3, would look bad on the UFC. Like many "bombshells" that happen in the sports world, this wasn't a surprise to the UFC brass and higher ups. The UFC, Jones, Reebok and anyone else who has put out a statement already had it typed up and ready to go well before yesterday. The ultimatum was probably rehab or "severe consequences."

Jo Boy had a fake win over Gus, so this is a great decision!

:D

Sorry Gus nuthuggers. Gus is not good enough to win the belt. :icon_lol:

legally Jones did nothing wrong, I doubt he could be stripped so that's that.

Rehab was clearly a PR move that was prepped by him saying he was moving down to NM to get focused and train full time( Meaning to stop Partying )

Jones was in Brazil right before the test, it was clear he was partying and not in a crack house.

The rehab statement was scripted by his PR and UFC.

If the ufc were to strip jones of title and make rumble vs gustaffson for title it would fix this all....the ufc would be looking like a no nonsense type of big league they want to be..

letting jones walk away unpunished and caught before the fight looks incredibly bad and that the org is overrun with ped and drug users. Although i feel he shoukd be stripped until after rehab I don't think he should face a lengthy suspension bc of the way the rules were written within the commission. Rules going forward will need reviewed though.

.Upon jones return from rehab he should be given the immediate title shot. In this way the ufc would be the good guy for not letting champions get away with things yet upon jones returning they could look good again by supporting the Newly clean jones and giving him a shot at title again.

It would be a win win for the ufc and jones would get his chance to retain his title back from the current champ.

Didn't the UFC know about the test before the fight? How would letting him fight and win, and then stripping him after, make the UFC look anything but greedy and/or stupid?

You expect Dana to have a title fight above LW for free? Also that isn't fair for Rumble to fight for a vacant title in the home country of his opponent.

legally Jones did nothing wrong, I doubt he could be stripped so that's that.

Rehab was clearly a PR move that was prepped by him saying he was moving down to NM to get focused and train full time( Meaning to stop Partying )

Jones was in Brazil right before the test, it was clear he was partying and not in a crack house.

The rehab statement was scripted by his PR and UFC.

This...under the UFC "code of conduct" they could probably give him a slap on the wrist, but that's about it.

one little word and you have refuted your entire illogical post.:redface:

This is a pretty in depth and interesting article about the whole situation. I'm sure it's been posted already, but haven't seen it:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/why-jo...2-after-positive-drug-test-075021247-mma.html

It addresses the issue of why NSAC couldn't punish him, gets a little into whether and what the UFC can do under the code of conduct, and also addresses the whole weed vs. coke thing that has been going nuts.

Back