After getting robbed by judges, Michael Johnson wants a UFC fight

TCE

"That's fucking illegal"
Pink Belt
Reaction score
After falling short in one of the most controversial decisions of the year, UFC lightweight Michael Johnson isn’t necessarily in need of a rematch with opponent Beneil Dariush. But he does want to fight again right away.

“I can’t get the fight back,” Johnson recently told “The MMA Road Show with John Morgan.” “I don’t know if they’ll turn it into a win. That’s not a huge concern of mine. A big concern of mine right now is moving forward – hoping I get a big fight and can redeem myself and get right back on the same page.”

Johnson (16-9 MMA, 8-5 UFC) and Dariush (12-1 MMA, 6-1 UFC) met in the co-feature of UFC Fight Night 73 on Aug. 8. While Johnson appeared to do enough to bank the first two rounds of the FOX Sports 1-televised fight, if not all three, Dariush was handed a split-decision win.

It was a shocking result for Johnson – after all, every media outlet tracked by MMADecisions.com scored it for him – but one that he knew was going to happen moments before UFC emcee Bruce Buffer read the official result.

“I’m pretty aware of everything when I’m in the cage,” Johnson said as he recalled the moments between the end of the fight and the official announcement. “I was looking at Bruce Buffer’s face, and I was looking at Herb Dean, and they were reading the cards, and their facial expressions just said it all to me because obviously everybody thought I won the fight, and I could see it in their face. I think Bruce Buffer was a little confused at what he was reading on the card. I think that he double-checked with the judges. … I don’t know if people could hear me, but I was like, ‘Wow. They gave it to him. They gave him a split decision.’

“I was extremely upset about it, but I definitely saw it before it happened. Then I was like, ‘Maybe I’m reading it wrong. Maybe they’ll give it to me, anyway.’ Then they said his name, and after that, (Dariush) was more surprised than I was. You can see his face in every picture when he’s getting his hand raised.”

More: http://mmajunkie.com/2015/08/after-...s-michael-johnson-wants-a-ufc-fight-right-now

I still want to see the Johnson/Ferguson rematch next.

Can't fault the guy for wanting to get that taste out of his mouth. That decision was complete crap.

Johnson vs Ferguson 2 would be nice.

They're teammates so that's a no-go unfortunately.

doh.gif

As others have said Johnson vs Ferguson 2 or Johnson vs Iaquinta

Give Johnson Eddie Alvarez. Ferguson can fight Khabib in a title eliminator

He should have to fight Dariush again. He thought he could cruise to a UD against a durable but overmatched opponent. If you're the best in the world you shouldn't have a problem finishing Dariush within three, right? If you don't think you're the best in the world then why are you fighting, MJ? Take it to them all or stop bitching.

Don't act like Dariush just stood there and got punched, either. He landed quite a few shots of his own. Was it enough to win? Probably not. But stop acting like a victim and go be the best, otherwise stfu.

He should have to fight Dariush again. He thought he could cruise to a UD against a durable but overmatched opponent. If you're the best in the world you shouldn't have a problem finishing Dariush within three, right? If you don't think you're the best in the world then why are you fighting, MJ? Take it to them all or stop bitching.

Don't act like Dariush just stood there and got punched, either. He landed quite a few shots of his own. Was it enough to win? Probably not. But stop acting like a victim and go be the best, otherwise stfu.

I still think MJ was coming up short and whiffing on most of his punches and Darius landed better. I was rooting for Johnson too. The fact he says he could see it coming before it did shows he wasn't sure. He was all flash and very little substance in that fight and people want to give him credit for the flash.

He has the right idea, best thing he can do is get right back in there and get a win

RDA - Cerrone II
Pettis - Injured
Khabib - Injured
Cerrone - RDA II
Alvarez - Teammate
Johnson -
Bendo - Moving to WW perm.
Barboza - Recently lost to MJ
Ferguson - Available
Jury - Moving to FW
Dariush - "Beat" MJ
Raging Al - Injured
Green - Injured
Poirier - Duffy
Diaz - Available but will only fight "names" in the division
Masvidal - Trying out WW.

There's Ferguson and the Poirier/Duffy winner unless MJ is forced to wait or takes a fight outside of the top 15 like Miller or Dunham.

Bobby Green, Al Iaquinta, El Cucuy, even Bendo on the Korea card. Any of these are good.

i had dariush winning. not all that controversial imo.

Back