After all the Conor and Bisping nonsense I hope the UFC gives Woodley a money fight

Bisping is a cash cow? Also, There shouldn't be any double standards. Tyron vs gsp/Diaz makes just as little sense as Hendo getting a title shot...who also isn't a cash cow

Bisping is one of the highest paid athletes in the UFC. I'm guessing there is a reason for that.

Hendo commands a big purse and is a big draw as well, especially with the retirement angle.

Tyron vs Diaz/GSP has no story, only 1 star to sell the fight and no interest.

Bisping vs Hendo has two guys who sell, a compelling storyline and a legendary KO in their first first to build upon. Tyron only has "I want money" as a selling point. No one cares.

Can't knock Woodley for trying to get big pay day, but he has no pulling power.

The fact that he's arguing with fans online as well as some of his daft logic, doesn't really help.

Agreed, he got the title shot, which was a good break for him, and he took full advantage of it. He is in a different situation than Conor was when Conor decided to go up a division and fight the LW champion, and is in a different situation than Bisping is in a division with no clear #1 contender (Jacare lost recently to Romero, Romero is on PED suspension, Luke just lost to Bisping by KO, and Weidman lost to Luke in his last fight). Add to that Woodley not having anywhere near the ability to get people interested in his fights that Conor and Bisping do, and that both Conor and Bisping are now rematching guys who humiliated them in previous fights.

Has Woodley generated enough revenue to justify any star treatment? Which stadium is a good target to serve his fan base?

popeyes-maximark-cong.jpg

Agreed, he got the title shot, which was a good break for him, and he took full advantage of it. He is in a different situation than Conor was when Conor decided to go up a division and fight the LW champion, and is in a different situation than Bisping is in a division with no clear #1 contender (Jacare lost recently to Romero, Romero is on PED suspension, Luke just lost to Bisping by KO, and Weidman lost to Luke in his last fight). Add to that Woodley not having anywhere near the ability to get people interested in his fights that Conor and Bisping do, and that both Conor and Bisping are rematching guys who humiliated them in previous fights.

Him bringing race into the debate sounds like a desperation move on his part, too. Yeah, there's probably Yank UFC/MMA fans who are racist - they're not the most tolerant nation on the planet - and while pissing fans off doesn't do any harm to create interest, it's titter tatter stuff going back on social media and in interviews he does.

He deserves to get paid better than what he is, but he's also ducking Wonderboy big time if he asks for a "money fight" against someone like Nick (or Nate) Diaz or some other non-contender. A GSP fight would be the only exception because GSP is GSP and GSP can do whatever GSP wants.

Everyone wants to blame the fighters for "ducking" people, when the reality is that this is a business and everyone wants to get paid. Champions may have preferences in terms of whom they fight, but ultimately it's the UFC who puts the fights together. This idea that the UFC "gave Bisping/Conor what they want" is silly. The UFC did what the UFC wanted to do, because it made them more money. If we want to blame someone, blame the UFC -- it's the company's job, in part, to maintain the legitimacy of the product. The fighters are simply employees trying to make as much money as possible in a career that has a very short window of opportunity.

04BE3D54CC9C1209F858E722E15F936BC313ADEE

This potato would generate more PPV buys and sell more tickets than Tyron Woodley.

I don't think woodley should get a money fight. he isn't a draw at all, dj and joanna are bigger ppv draws then he is. fight wonder boy....win that then talk to me.

I think Woodley loses to Diaz, GSP, and Wonderboy. I also don't like Woodley. Does that make me a racist?

Agreed. They all KO'd guys who we didn't expect them to KO, except Conor to some degree because many ppl thought he'd KO Aldo eventually (I didn't).

Woodley's the only one who KO'd Lawler though. He should get TWO gimme fights for that.....

He should get a fight against the last person to KO Lawler...

I think Woodley loses to Diaz, GSP, and Wonderboy. I also don't like Woodley. Does that make me a racist?
Nope, that makes you a capital R Racist. You can just stick that on like they do on the ballots (e.g. (R) Donald Trump).
We normally reserve that for talking about institutions like banks, lending companies, school boards, or every staff member in any academic school of business.
Wear it with pride.

Him bringing race into the debate sounds like a desperation move on his part, too. Yeah, there's probably Yank UFC/MMA fans who are racist - they're not the most tolerant nation on the planet - and while pissing fans off doesn't do any harm to create interest, it's titter tatter stuff going back on social media and in interviews he does.

I agree. Multicultural Psychologists call it "healthy cultural paranoia," which basically is black people expecting and seeing racism in things as a means of protecting themselves. I am sure Woodley gets racist hate on Twitter, but to generalize that to the vast majority of fans is just paranoia, at best.

But bisping and conor are the money fights. Huge difference.

White people get so defensive when called racist, it's funny. Why don't y'all care when about being called sexist?

Woodley needs all the help he can get to stay relevant.

Conor ducking contenders...LEL.

He was set to face the 155 champ after obliterating the previous #1P4P.

White people get so defensive when called racist, it's funny. Why don't y'all care when about being called sexist?
Because black people think were all racist. It is fucking annoying.

Because black people think were all racist. It is fucking annoying.

Not all of you, just white males over the age of 3. Toddlers aren't racist yet.

And all white women either openly or secretly wants to be with a black man sexually.

These are facts that can't be disputed.

I'm happy with Woodley vs. GSP

Woodley vs. Diaz would be even more nonsensical than Bisping/Hendo. If he can't get the GSP fight then he fights Thompson who is the most clear number 1 contender in any division.

Not sure why you bring Conor into this.

There is no double standard, you're just not identifying it correctly. There is a single standard. The standard is the more PPVs you sell, the more money you make for the UFC, the more leverage you have.
Honestly he just made a mistake of including Diaz in there. If he'd have just said, "I want to fight GSP", no one would've really argued too much. But saying you're gonna deny WB to fight Diaz, who hasn't won in years was absurd.
I really think whole thing is irrelevant. GSP is not likely to come back, and the Diaz fight won't happen. He's 98% gonna wind up fighting WB anyway.

Back