After 2 years I finally went back

Discussion in 'Standup Technique' started by fdupnct, Sep 21, 2005.

1. fdupnct

fdupnct Blue Belt

Last night I started training again after a 2 year layoff and, damn I'm sore but it feels so good. I'm a little rusty obviously and my cardio is not up to par yet but everything just came back to me like I never stopped.

Our instructed just opened a new school with 2000 sf of mats, a boxing ring, a room with 8 heavy bags and 2 double end bags, some weights I can't wait to get in there.

2. Elpresidente

Elpresidente Brown Belt

Im in the middle of a long layoff at the moment. Tore an abductor muslce, been out 7 months and counting at this point. Very frustrating.

3. fdupnct

fdupnct Blue Belt

That sucks. I was out those 2 years because my wife had our second child so I just couldn't spend the time and money then. Oddly enough I'm going to the doctors on Friday to see if he's going to cut my shoulder to fix my rotator cuff.

4. farmboy

farmboy Banned Banned

Good luck wiith the doctor's appointment and glad to hear you're able to train again. That 2 year layoff is about as long as I've been training, total!

5. fdupnct

fdupnct Blue Belt

Thanks, as much as I want him to just cut me and fix it, is as much as I don't want him too. Before I took that 2 year break I was training stready for 3 years. It just feels so good to be back.

6. ValeTudoGuy

ValeTudoGuy Blue Belt

Keep at it man you can be 100% again in no time with dedication

7. True2KungFu

True2KungFu King Of No Pants

Youll be suprised how quick you pick it back up and perhaps come back even better. My buddy took a year off and after a week of training it was like he never missed a beat